Replacement of the sniper

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by deadly_venom, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Military shotguns generally have more than 2 shells maximum.
    IE, SPAS, the AA-12 shown earlier, and pretty much any modern shotgun. If it only had 2 shells, it'd just be another bloody shotgun pistol.

2. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

i still want an aa-12
    maybe we could put it on the jeep :3

3. Geese Howard

Geese Howard Member

I would prefer to keep the sniper rifle and get rid of one of the two SMG for the Scout.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

and why??? srsly any reason for that???

5. deadly_venom

deadly_venom Member

(this is on a IF basis IF the shotgun might get in)
    if there would be a shotgun it would be Pump action. ive seen the auto clip shotgun in the field and its too powerful to be fair. a pump on the other hand means that the player has one shot then a 2 sec wait if he misses that give any other weapon to unload half a clip into the stumped f*ck. secondly the shotgun i see would not be a defense weapon. if pump a raiding force would easy overwhelm an shotgun holder and if they come in a apc the holder is a scout and can only stun the apc. and thirdly it would be a 6 round parole with a shot when loading fetcher (thats y i hat the shot pistol).

and lastly by the sounds of things they might already have a replacement chosen.

6. Geese Howard

Geese Howard Member

Cause I like the Sniper rifle, and I only really like the 2nd SMG. None of the suggestions in this thread base on any reason other then some moan and complain about scouts.

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

I like how everybody has played Empires with a shotgun and knows that it's going to be overpowered.

8. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

the shotty pistol's over powered? you cann't even 1-shot kill someone if you're further than a foot awat

9. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

What I meant was could kill 2 in the same time it took for the SMG to kill 3 or 4. I typically find shotguns to be great for the first shot but then you're dead because, aspescially against a rifleman who carries his armor around and will two shot you with an automatic weapon. A miss or indirect hit, or maybe even a direct hit (depending on the power of the shotgun) and your still condemned to death because in the second to second and a half it take you to repump the shotgun he has spun around, shot you 5 times and then went over to shoot your corpse for good measure.

For clarification I am more concerned that the Shotgun will be underpowered and not a fun weapon to use because of it. Unless they go auto shotty I don't think it could be overpowered unless it starts one shotting tanks or something lol.

10. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Is it my mind playing tricks on me, or did the majority of members from before 2.0 fall directly into the stupid tree and hit every branch coming down. Did Texas finally get connected to the internet?

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Like i said, the shotgun is more for defense. You shouldn't be running out in the open with it expecting to survive direct combat.

12. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

Unless you're in class combat =D

13. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

The sniper rifle (at least, the scope) is already going to be removed. This is a thread to discuss an idea for what will replace it.

14. deadly_venom

deadly_venom Member

yay a smart person

15. deadly_venom

deadly_venom Member

dose any one else have a idier

16. Empty

Empty Member

A super complicated tranq pistol.
    But in reality... A grenade launcher could be an idea, launching whatever scout grenade you choose as well as a standard grenade, longer range and works similar to mortar, being able to launch stunstickies a bit further would be great.

17. dra6o0n

dra6o0n Member

How about the scout gains a long range mg rifle but can only fire in bursts?
    Not sure if this is positive or negative...

It's kind of like the medic's gun in battlefield 2, but with a scope maybe...

18. Geese Howard

Geese Howard Member

Can we give the scout the rifleman's rifle?
    Oh, and this thread makes me sad.

R.I.P. Scout

19. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

I actually wondered if the scout could get a lighter assault rifle. Perhaps with a 20 round magazine rather then the 30 or 40 the rifleman gets but with the same general power and accuracy.

Isn't an Engineer's SMG supposed to be more for defence then attacking? kind of an "oh ****" weapon? If Scouts could get some kind of Light Assault Rifle, Perhaps even the same rifle's but with silencers on them (to indegate that it is a scout) and less damage and sound (like weapon silencer but only effects noise).

20. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

ATM a shotgun is planned. I personally would like to see the scout turned into a support unit, perhaps with a HMG for medium range suppressive fire (not automatic sniping).