Replacement of the sniper

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by deadly_venom, Aug 25, 2008.

1. deadly_venom

deadly_venom Member

ok so i hired that the sniper rife is going, well i say good ridens to a useless weapon (for empires) and a newb & noob magnet :D

BUT there will need to be a replacement for it wont there:confused: so i think a it should be the weapon that is missing form the game, the shotgun.
    THE SHOTGUN PISTOLE DOCENT COUNT:pathetic:

i have been in lots of situation were im a scout in a enemy base pissing off every one:D by keeping the vf and radar off line:D and then been spoted and wishing i had trusty shotgun ad my side:D

o and don't be foold by the junior member under my name ive been playing empires since the star but havent got around to making an account. o and ass proof I'm EPIC

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. Empty

Empty Member

EPIC is about as picky as a whore with aids, and your spelling is atrocious, but that has nothing to do with this.

I'd like a shotgun as a scout weapon, they're already pretty good in close combat if used right, and a fully fledged shotgun would be pretty sweet, your idea has my approval.

3. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

*stamp of approval*

spas 12-gauge, haaaandy (from hitman, the hotel level where you find a spas-12 in a flower box)

4. deadly_venom

deadly_venom Member

cant blame a dyslexic.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Shotguns carry a stigma here on the Empires forums. You are about to be flamed...grab a fire extinguisher or douse yourself in wet cloth! :p

6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Don't worry, you'll get a good replacement for it. And don't start another flame war on shotguns.

7. deadly_venom

deadly_venom Member

fin.
    but good to hire:)

8. Cloud

Cloud Member

Even though the sniper sucks and is considered a noob weapon, i still find it quite enjoyable to shoot someone in the head with weapon silencer, and witness their confusion.
    Even though it doesn't have a lot of use on the frontlines, it's still a quite amusing weapon.
    AND I WUV IT EVEN THOUGH I'VE ONLY GOTTEN ONE HEADSHOT WITH IT D:

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

A shotgun is already being considered as a replacement.

10. Empty

Empty Member

Mr. Burns: Excellent.

11. Ikiller101

Ikiller101 Member

well quite honestly I am personaly dreding the removal of the sniper because the sniper is good for picking off sentrys befor you go in and sab all the bases it also makes people stay on there toes all war games that are good should have sniper rifles because not only dose it allow for elemination of targets at long ranges it allows for a better sence of what empiers is a war game ever sence war there have been sharpshooters well i think empiers is no diffrent but i do want the damage decreased so if a body is hit its not like 55% of targets health i sugjest lowering damage to 25 so only headshots will be insta kill that eleminates the newbs killing in 2 shots and it makes em get better at shooting now im probably gona get flamed for this but just think about my words.

12. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

I would love to see a shotgun, if it was designed right they look pretty cool and are.. well you get it, immediate problem I see with a scout with a shotgun.

How is a shotgun better then an SMG? it has a different function but generally shotguns are slow to fire again, or have massive recoil, or the like, while not being that accurate. The basic problem is really that I can see some of these problems occuring.

1. Hits TOO hard, and can one shot a heavy (exageration!)
    2. Doesn't hit hard enough and is thus not a useful weapon.
    3. Is far too inacurate and is not a useful weapon (or the spread is too much and you can't hit a barn).
    4. The spread is too little and its like sniping.(this assumes your not just shooting a slug).

in short I just wanted to bring up that it should be implemented its just that balance would need to be adressed.

Random though, If they removed the SMG 2 and replaced THAT with the shotgun (thus the choice) and then gave the scout something a little more med range.

The main problem I see is that the SMG2 and the shotgun would do a lot of competing and the scout would have 3 close in weapons.

Anyway I am rambling, AGAIN in short I just wanted to bring this up as a though.

13. Empty

Empty Member

Shotguns are not necessarily inaccurate, fool.

A shotgun fulfils a seperate purpose to an SMG, it's all about hitting them up close, and hitting them hard, a shotgun can kill someone with a single shot, an SMG cannot, no matter the range, an SMG will be doing roughly the same damage, so it takes just as much to kill a guy in front of you, whether he's 1m away or 10, unlike a shotgun.

14. Andariel

Andariel Member

remove the smgs and pistol and give him both the ranged(reworked) and a shottie (which does the short range killing) this would allow a good scout to operate at both ranges for the drawback of not having the lolpistolsniped or the yayspamg's

15. Mr.Bungles

Mr.Bungles Member

ranged shottie!? wtf have you been smoking.

16. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

what about an AA-12 ?

17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The shotgun would be more for defense, less for offense.

18. arklansman

arklansman Member

Reading is an amazing thing.

19. Sanguis

Sanguis Member

You misunderstood me. If you can fire 30 shtos with an SMG in the time it takes you to fire 2 shots with a shotgun, but the SMG can easily kill 3 or 4 people whereas the shotgun can only kill 2 which will you pick? keeping in mind that the SMG will msot likely have better range.

I said I like the idea of the Shptgun being implemented I was just bringing up that I don't think the 'standard' shotgun approach would work well. Which is a weapon that is worthless past two feet away, and one that refires VERY slowly (compared to other guns). I have seen some good concepts in other games however where the shotgun spread was severely reduced and capable of killing pretty well at distances only slightly shroter then the SMG in this game, Reliably that is.

Shotgun Idea = Good
    Just want everyone to be aware that it could go horrible wrong without ideas of how it oculd go horribly wrong. Not to say the Devs are stupid (or am I? DUN DUN DUNNNN) but people suggesting further in this topic and other topics should probably understand that some things sound good on paper but would need a little extra work to be practical.

20. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Not in my hands :)