Infiltration: Black Ops Field Training

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Sep 2, 2014.

1. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Jesus, if you are the scout and know something don't just write 'I vote XY' without further comment. Make a story how it is clear from the hints in the text, see Parallel Construction.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Damn BBQ made me late...

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Now why would you do that? Scout powers is how you win the game, it is how it was won last time.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

You missed the meltdown of our glorious scout.

With the stupid voting and the creepy PMs, I feel like he was trolling us. That didn't feel like Ikalx.

What do you mean? I thought last time was basically Dev luckily getting paratrooper and then acting like a fucking detective and saving the day.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  5. Empty

Empty Member

I have no idea why Ikalx was acting so weird.

No idea whatsoever. hahaha now they'll all think I know why he was acting weird but i actually have NO FUCKING IDEA

6. Lazybum

That certainly helped a lot, but there was still quite a few rounds afterwords and they wouldn't have had a chance if teef and sitka hadn't kept up their shenanigans. Though teef almost blew it by saying who was scouted and not scouted.

7. Empty

Empty Member

Last game dev got one through smart deduction and clever thinking and the other was mostly luck, the real win came from Sitka being a boss and rallying troops, devourawr set them back a ton by eliminating half their guys but Sitka really did the legwork.

8. Metruption

Metruption Member

Infils hurry the fuck up

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

There's also the rifleman, night is prolly gonna be 24 hrs anyway...

10. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Well if I don't die tonight, I'm voting Metal_Smith.
    If I die, then just vote metal_smith.

For tomorrow. So.. Infiltrators, do your best.

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Empty, I though that the thread was supposed to stay ontopic? Discussions and shit would go to the signup one. I know you struggle to generate some topic heat, but dont compromise yourself in the process.
    Hell, you didnt even forbade people outside the game to post in here in the op.

12. Lazybum

Hey go away, we are waiting for infiltrators to let something slip while they talk about seemingly pointless things. Anyway everything that has been discussed is about the infiltrator games, just not exactly this one.

13. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Holy fuck this turned to shit really fast. Ikalx, why would you not say or do something before you were bandwagoned? We might have been able to turn the vote around on someone who voted against you.
    Anyway, when I get up ill make an elaborate post before night is over and I die. This game will come down to the rifleman playing well and making sure the infils don't influence people into voting off more base crew.

14. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

If everyone are dead, nobody can vote.

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

im gonna take the time to complain about empty's point system cause im gonna end up losing points for voting for ikalx even though i was actually preventing a double kill

16. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

This just in - Some things can't be quantified

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

pointz sux

18. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

it sounds like the infiltrators MUST work in pairs. I would agree with lazy bum possibly being the intent of the first clue for an infiltrator.

The other clue, the dialogue "you could have dodged" makes me think of DragonballZ abridged, but no one is named after anyone in or about that.

as far as the predator movie thing:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093773/quotes
    closest thing I could find to that reference with the dodging.

The heavy footfalls might also mean Devourawr, after the HoN Devourer, which is dota's Pudge. that would match the knife as well.

The only other clue I can think of was back in empty's death, which was the way that he was killed, with a small electric shock. I would normally attribute the fact that he was killed in such a way to an act of trickery, but trickster is dead, so the other option was that it was done in a nifty fashion, sort of made up on the spot, almost mcgyver like.

so, assuming the infiltrators are fairly active, and are actively voting spread out, I would say that we should look at anyone with a distinct pattern for adding options for people to vote for and last minute adjustments to votes to cause the most damage possible.

Again, sorry I'm not around often enough to check this daily. got lots of stuff going on irl, didn't think school would pick up quite this fast. Here's the making it through the first morning :P

19. Empty

Empty Member

targets closed

20. Empty

Empty Member

Sitka sad idly in his room, wasting the time away. "I'll bide my time for now" he muttered to himself; "Once the dust settles and we get some proper intel, then I'll make my move.
    Footsteps came from outside the doorway, Sitka got to his feet and pulled the knife tucked in his boot out. He sidled up to the doorway and listened carefully.
    "Should we use it yet?"
    "No. We'll keep it for now."
    "Alright. Let's do this."
    Sitka braced himself and with a slam the door flung open, three men burst in and Sitka slipped behind them and slammed the knife into the side of one of the attackers. The injured man collapsed the floor yelling in pain, and his comrades turned to face Sitka. Sitka yanked the knife free as his first target slumped to the floor and he rushed to meet the remaining two.
    A loud bang rang out, and blood sprayed forth from Sitka's newly perforated throat, and he slid to the floor, limp, before he could strike another man.
    "For fucks sake I told you guys to be careful." said the fourth attacker, as he holstered his pistol.
    The two in the room brushed the blood spatter off their faces.
    "Carry this poor fucker out, we need to get him patched up before tomorrow or people are going to notice." continued the gunman.
    "Yeah, alright."
    "And don't forget the knife. We don't want them to know one of us is injured."

Lazybum checked his pistol's safety was off and remained behind his makeshift barricade in his room. Suspicions were high on him so he knew he'd need to defend himself.

The rifleman checked his gear. Two flashes. He'd need only one. Rifle was loaded and ready. He adjusted his armor and stepped to the slightly ajar door quietly. His heart began to pound so powerfully that for a second he thought it might give his position away. Gingerly, he pulled the pin of the flash and tossed it through the ajar door. He counted down, 3, 2, 1.
    The door shook and instantly his hearing was replaced by high pitched squealing. He kicked the door in and brought the rifle to bear on Lazybum.
    "For fucks sake" he thought to himself, "The dipshit's already dead."

Day begins, start your voting.