Infiltration: Black Ops Field Training

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

can we ban trickster for deadreplying

2. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

GTFO paradox.

3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Empty always tries to balance the game, so I think him giving an obvious clue after we lost 2 people (including 1 special role) is not surprising. So put Metal Smith on your shortlist for now.

Also, I noted that there was some delay with the infiltrators voting, which again points to people that were afk and then returned, e.g. Metal Smith and Devourawr.

Don't forget that there are also a lot of completely silent people out there, Spartacus anyone?

Finally, it is worth thinking about why the infils killed Hexi. Why him, he hasn't posted a thing in this round. So there could be a closer personal connection between one of the infiltrators and Hexi.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

To be fair, spartacus usually takes an active role, whether or not he is an infiltrator.

I don't know what to think about hexi, it could just be the infiltrators don't really have a clue themselves of who could be scout or whatever, so they decided to choose at random. Or choose from the people who didn't post yet, assuming that the scout or whoever is lying low and doesn't want to say or point to anything by accident.

Still, we really need to get one of the infiltrators, it would really help in a way.

5. Metruption

Metruption Member

Lynching metalsmith would probably be our safest bet.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Uhhh, there's no votes...

I'm giving you all 24 more hours to do your lynch votes (wtf guys)

Also yeah, confirming I fucked up with trickster. Trickster was an Engineer and I am retarded.

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I could quote that... but I like the ones I have already more.

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I vote Lazybum :cool:

9. Metruption

Metruption Member

Fuck it, let's lynch Lazybum

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

No fuck lazybum, lynch spartacus before he turns the game into a statistics crisis.

11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I vote Ikalx on the reason that he wanted Paradox back into the game.

12. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I'm a bit pessimistic about this game anymore. These rounds always end with fucking Devourawr posting enormous posts that have some elaborate plan. And yeah, he's usually right, but if you go back and reread the threads from start to finish, his plans seem off the wall and completely at-odds with the content of the thread, despite often being correct. He obviously does 95% of his work outside of the thread where none of us can enjoy it.

Maybe I'm a total aspie, but I enjoy collecting vote data & clue data and trying to determine patterns. Hell, last time I made a pretty comprehensive public spreadsheet, but no one cared to help keep it up to date. The shitty part was that it was mostly unnecessary because Devourawr popped in and instantly knew who to target.

So I'm just waiting for Devourawr to come in and save the day in a couple day/night cycles. This game just isn't fun.

This shit pisses me off.

Tell us why Lazybum needs to be voted off. If it's a guess, then that's an ok reason. But don't just randomly vote for people like a dick. This game is about detective work and social dynamics, not watching people bandwagon baselessly over and over. That's boring (except when it's Paradox/Trickster, then it's mandatory).

FFS thank you. We sorta just dropped the ball on preventing a vote snipe, but it's nice to know when we have to be on guard for that kind of thing.

13. Lazybum

What did I do? :(

14. Metruption

Metruption Member

Heavy footsteps and heavy breathing, something that a LAZY BUM might have after running and stuff because lazy bums are usually obese.

15. Lazybum

But I'm not fat at all. I'm rather light on my feet too. I just don't put effort into stuff.

Though to be fair from just usernames, there isn't many that can fit that description. Metal smith might, what with him being heavy metal could cause some heavy foot steps. DDD Destroyer in a dumb way, every time I see his name I end up thinking about the ships called destroyers, but I don't think that is where his name is from or about.

Just want it to be known I don't like this, getting voted off and what not. Also still doesn't explain why ikalx wanted me off the first round too.

16. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

Drag0wn finds a large gathering of people in the central hug of the facility

"Maybe I can listen in to find out what's happened while I was out."

"What? Is this a prank? Or have my colleagues been co-opted by time-traveling forum trolls? Or am I just a single-dimensioned character in a shitty game? If so, how could the fourth wall be this mangled?? It's like it never existed!"

He curls up, all meaning and retrospect on reality lost, leaving behind nothing but vengeance against those who destroyed his vision of life.

I vote to lynch Spartacus for destroying my world:headshot:

17. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Was there a delay? I thought Empty just did it a bit early because he was up for so long. In any case, the infiltrators are probably very active, seeing as Empty threw an absolute hissy fit last time they didn't do anything and ended up being late on a vote. He almost cancelled the game, and something tells me he'd actually do it if it happened again.

Hey mang, I know I'm probably not your favorite person but if you haven't noticed I've abstained from doing that. It's not even about talking to people and being subversive, simply being completely open with everything you know and laying your cards down in the thread is just too strong a strategy. Sneaky threads are fun threads where nobody knows what the fuck is going on and people are dying left and right.
    [although if we start to lose too badly I might jump in and pull out the old detective cap]

The heavy/fat/lazy clues are slightly far fetched, true. Just think about it this way, if people kill you and you're innocent, at least we know where to look next. Or you're lying, and we get an infiltrator! Credit to team either way.

Anyway, I choose not to vote yet, but I'll probably come back before day ends to see who is being suss.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Seems like we found another loophole. :D

I vote Ikalx.

19. complete_

complete_ lamer

hasnt been said yet but it looks like theres two infiltrators
    UNLESS
    theres a second team of two and they take turns, seeing as how one died this day black ops and stuff

20. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Metal Smith is still too easy to be true, Lazybum kind of makes sense but I not sure if that's right.

On the other hand Ikalx is pretty suspicious, he gave no explanation on his reasons besides basically wanting to create some chaos.

I'd usually wait until day 3 before starting to vote but I think Ikalx is a safe bet.

So I vote Ikalx.