Infiltration: Black Ops Field Training

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Sep 2, 2014.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

well since everyone seems to be piling onto ikalx i might as well share this pm he sent me
    SUBJECT: zOMG BEARS
    wrinkled my brain. so im voting ikalx cause i dont understand what the fuck he was trying to do (out himself? messaging everyone asking the same thing? being dump?)

2. Metruption

Metruption Member

Maybe empty made the game extra juicy and there are two groups of two Infils that don't know who the others are, so they have to somehow work together.

edit: Would also somewhat explain Ilax's message

unlynch lazybum
    lynch iklax

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'll bandwagon this one, ikalx hasn't really explained anything at all.

I vote for Ikalx.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Okay, well I guess we can assume that out of the people voting me, three or four infiltrators feel pretty safe, so that's cool. When I'm dead, prepare to look for them.

I was hoping you'd say no. Obviously, you didn't want to even say that or get my tongue-in-cheek pm, so I dunno. I assume you didn't want to just be like "don't be dumb, of course I'm not" and just asked me why you would say...well, why wouldn't you say you were innocent? C'mon man!

Look back at the games I've participated in while I haven't turned out to be an infil. I'm voting lazybum because:
    1) I figure no one will look at him to be an infil
    2) No one else will vote him, he's pretty safe
    3) There are clues in the post that may or may not point towards him, as well as others
    4) If someone had killed me during the night while I persistently voted Lazybum, it'd be pretty safe to assume that Lazybum was innocent, or the infiltrators were dumb. 'Cos no one incriminates themselves.
    5) Have to vote someone, or the game won't progress. I could vote anti-lynch, but then we don't have the dynamic we had this round where people bandwagon onto me with "indignant" attitudes. Yeah like I don't see through that.
    6) It gives a LOT of material to work with, for the rest of the base crew.
    7) I'm expendable now. I wasn't before, now I am, and if the base crew wins in the end, I win. I may be dead, but the others will survive. Someone actually has to die for the team, so they can get intel, and I will be one of those.
    8) Freck you for even trying to say I'm being a douche bag. I have a lot of reasons for what I do, so don't even try to malign my name. I'm not "lolzing" this in any way, shape or form. So feck off Spartacus.

The rest of you who are base crew and voted me, try to look out for each other.

You want to know who else I think is suspicious? Well, I work mostly on instinct so I can't tell you that. Sure a belly wound is consistent with a gladius, but that's really really pushing it. I can tell you one person to work with, but he'd die immediately.

Edit: Actually let me just highlight where I think clues would be, if there are actually any.

I can say Complete is pretty suspicious just for posting that pm, simply because that's pretty douchey, but also because it's presented afterwards, like "evidence".

Compared to all the rest of the people who are afk in the game, I think the infils are taking an easy shot to get someone out who's actually active, and who they know visits the forum every day. And you know, I sent quite a few pm's, and one person is my insurance. So good luck, they will soon know who each other are.

Be afraid.

---

Getting killed doesn't annoy me much. People being convinced by really dumb arguments and people actively maligning the way I take the game, does.

If you have a brain, there's literally no one who would vote someone randomly and consistently - someone that everyone likes and thinks is harmless, without being suspected. Almost the first thing you learn as an infiltrator is "blend in". You can bet your top dollar that if I was an infiltrator and pulled this crap, not EVERYONE would be voting against me.

DUH, LOGIC.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I don't think that reason really works. It sounds like something,yes, but I don't know, that wouldn't really convince me. Something along the lines that it is indeed too obvious.

Honestly, I don't think simply voting someone consistently really works well, making an effort in getting people to talk and trying to use what clues empty gives and what people say will help more in the long run because infiltrators are slightly more likely to make a mistake in how they agree or disagree with what you show. Maybe, I don't really know this is only like the second time I played this. I just don't think random bandwagons does much except show people agree with you and want the game to progress, negatively or positively they just want the game to go.

Anyway, I'll change my vote for metal smith. I'm not exactly convinced mind you, it is just I think metal smith has more clues pointing to him.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Ikalx, if you would've originally posted this:

instead of this:

then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I made it 100% crystal clear in my response to you that you need to express some reason for your voting, even if it's a guess. My exact words were, "If it's a guess, then that's an ok reason." When you give absolutely no reason for your voting, you freak people out.

I'm not on the "Lazybum Defense Team," I'm on the "Innocent People Defense Team".

Having said that, Metal Smith has the most clues against him and has been quiet as an infil should be, so I'll vote Metal Smith and keep everyone's favorite neurotic basketcase around for another day.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

A double bluff is too obvious? The usual conclusion to bring is to think you would be an infil, so instead assuming your innocence is a better conclusion. Not rock solid, but I'd raise the rates to 70%.

This is the first time I'm doing this. And it's only the second round. I honestly thought anti-lynch would prevail in the first, except no one else is really posting.

Bandwagons mostly prove that the person is innocent. Almost certainly, unless the votes are changed suddenly at the end. Sort of like what you're doing now, except without the big post from me. The reason is, with less than 10 people voting, certainly, a bandwagon is bound to contain infiltrators adding their vote, with no dissuading voices. EXACTLY like has just happened.

If it is an infiltrator being bandwagoned, there will be a couple of really soft votes or umms and errs. That hasn't happened.

Also, no one was talking, at all. So the whole "it's better to let people talk" would have to have waited another round. My action moved that forward, created evidence base crew can use and goaded the infiltrators into mistakes.

I know empty is pretty tired but "glint of metal" probably isn't a metal smith clue. It just isn't oblique enough. Empty would probably use a "smith" clue if anything, talking about workmanship etc. In fact, in all the games I've participated in, I've never once managed to cotton on to a clue.

Edit:
    You're on the infil or dumbass team. No offence. You're the one saying bandwagons are bad, and then you go stoke it and participate in it.

Like I said before, Evidence.

You guys aren't all dumb, you're almost all going to university and have pretty sneaky brains. Even if some of you don't apply that to the rest of life, you apply it here.

Edit 2: Also, it doesn't really matter if you vote me or not now, Lazybum. If I'm somehow vindicated it would be pretty unlikely that the rifleman wouldn't just kill me anyway. I'm way too dangerous overplaying this hand to the infils, and it's way too unlikely that I'd get off scott free without their help. The rifleman has a right to be suspicious, I know I would.

I never make these kinds of posts in infiltration, but I really don't like to be told I'm being a dick with no evidence.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

But youre still voting lazybum, right? I lost track of votes already.

9. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Changing my vote to Metal Smith.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It doesn't really matter. I don't think people would bandwagon lazybum, unless they really want to be suspicious, so he's safe.

I could vote for Lord_Dz - voted Paradox, was backed up by Spartacus, or Candles (everyone's favourite dev, perfect camouflage), but it's pretty much same same. Unless somehow the infils manage to instigate a tie, and hope a couple of base crew die.

Which seems almost like the turnaround that could happen between Metal Smith and myself. Metal Smith almost always being a good player (not that I'm saying he's not an infil, I simply don't know).

Remember, tie between two people means they both die. It's almost better to keep your vote on me if you're afraid that could happen. Then again, before I said that, you could have just looked at who changed their votes last minute and catch the infils. If you were looking.

11. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

It'd be nice if Metal Smith paused dota and defend himself here, I did what I could for his sake. (I still think that even "clouds cast shadows" has more merit than "he saw the glint of metal")

I'm also unsure if Ikalx is infiltrator after his posts but I'll keep my vote on him and let the others decide. Hopefully we'll get some more things to go on the next day.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

well i wasnt originally going to post it, but eh if it fits with the narrative. dont send bad pms next time

also, douchey? how very patriarchal of you, to imply a douche is a bad thing
    i was gonna change my vote to metal smith but hey if you say so

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Well Lazybum...for some obscure reason...just pm'd me that he wanted to do a double kill but he needed another vote for that.

I actually thought that was a joke or something, but after I just now responded he even said to post it.

I...don't get this game any more. I think I'll be happy when I'm dead this time. Unless he has some obscure power to make my dead corpse look infil which would really be random and should be impossible and...

...yeah I facepalm. It's sort of like...what? Does he not want to play any more?

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

u created this monster

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Hey! People wanted reasons! And then they were casting dispersions on my actions! And then they were being bs...aw gawd :|

16. Empty

Empty Member

good show votings closed

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I dont have time to count the votes anymore, voting lazybum

18. Empty

Empty Member

Ikalx - 4
    Metal Smith - 3
    Spartacus - 2
    Lazybum - 1

Very close to a double kill, had ikalx switched we'd end up with two corpses.

You're a bit late

Ikalx found his voice further and further drowned out by the din of the crowd. Frustrated, he raised his voice:
    "Then shoot me now!" he yelled.
    "See what fucking good it does you." he continued.
    The crowd went quiet. Ikalx drew his sidearm and handed it to one of the soldiers.
    "Go ahead then, take the damn shot."
    The soldier raised the pistol carefully and looked to his peers for support.
    There was a silent nod from those around him, and he squeezed the trigger, killing Ikalx in one shot.

Ikalx actually is a scout btw, I didn't fuck up again hurdur.

19. Empty

Empty Member

Night has begun, infiltrators and remaining specials, send me your targets.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer