Hype thread: Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Yes, it seems the only game that doesnt have lots of bugs is the one you can hunt in the forest...
    Oh wait..

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The Forest and Stomping Lands are in alpha, what fame are you talking about? Wurm?

3. Z100000M

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

Totally didn't make the connection...

5. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Concerning bugs and games today coming out with bugs...it wasn't really different back then.
    Hell I remember Fallout 1 and 2 having game breaking bugs up to today. The only difference is that you weren't that aware of them back then because the information didn't spread as fast and today's bugs tend to get fixed with patches more often.
    I mean really, think about it: How often do you encounter bugs yourself compared to how often you just hear about them from others?

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Remember that bug where if you uninstalled myth 2 and it would uninstall your computer?

[​IMG]

http://minimaxir.com/2013/06/working-as-intended/

I say we made significant advances from bugs then to now.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

That Myth thing is alittle overstated since it doesn't happen ALWAYS - it's still a serious bug though.

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Every software has bugs, it is just a matter of deciding if those bugs are significant enough to delay a release. The game industry is very liberal on that topic and with software like Steam post release bug fixes are a very tempting option.

And yes, I wonder in what sorry state WD must have been when they decided to delay it.

9. Z100000M

What bothers me about WD is how assymetrical it is.
    On one hand, you have a crapton of NPC conversations, some of which tie to some side quests, which is awesome, then you have a lot of weird side games that really do not factor into anything, but they are there and are of good quality. Its a really weird contrast to how the story is bland. '

Does the rep meter actually do something? Beside the "its x guy!" spoken by bystanders, it really didnt seem like it had any effect whatsoever, its alsmost like they've put it there because you cannot have a game without a moral meter now. After a while i just stopped caring because some of the reasons for loosing points were just silly. Stealing cars left and right, thats fine. Shoot a police officer implicated in mishandling justice left and right? "Police officer homicide!" Did i mention cops do not care about those 10+ civvies around you and will happily shoot into the crowds, even running civilians over during chases?
    The whole "2moral for you" thing the game has going for it is really bad too, when you consider how one side job can go like this "I have kill these 10 guys before they make a hit on some person!" and then the next is "My mark has made some powerful enemies, steal his shit and then kill him and his friends". Really gives you a feeling you are playing a giant hipocrite.

10. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Yes, the main story and main character are pretty shit. I didn't really like it either. It's another one of these games where the side quests are more fun than the main story.
    Concerning the morale meter: the more in the plus you are, the less likely civilians are calling the police right away.
    When you are in the negative, most will almost immediately call the police when they just see you holding a gun. With full on positive, you might even be able to fire some shots without anyone grabbing their phone.

11. Z100000M

Ive found that system to be just ridiculous really, you need jam coms or you are fucked, period. Most of the time some random person from 40 meters away will be the caller so you cant get to him in time, aiming at them doesnt work and killing them just chains another callers. Fucks sake.
    This game suffers form not having a stun gun so much. The convoy misisons with 2 or more knock downs suck dick. The last conwoy with all cops is even worse. I just used a grenade launcher. Ditto last mission where you have a permament cop chase and you need to somehow live through it and hack 4 diffrent places. Its impossible with the AI aimhacks and unhackable helicopters while driving.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  12. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

I was so lucky in the last mission that a big ass truck came by. Those things are tanks. Since I also had the ramming upgrade, every cop car that tried to ram me was wrecked almost instantly. The thing was smocking pretty badly at the end, but it worked.
    A really good way to loose any pursuers is water and raising bridges. They will under no circumstances follow you over bridges as long as they are not already on it the moment you raise it.

And yes, jam coms is pretty much a must, but also easy to craft. And if anyone calls the cops when you are stealing their car, you just accelerate in their direction to make them jump to the side or bump them gently, they will instantly stop.

13. BigTeef

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

You forgot to mention that this game is a nexclusive for peasants.

15. BigTeef

Everyone is taking pot shots at ubi this year.

It's hilarious.

16. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Ubisoft is digging itself deeper for every public announcement they make.

First Watch Dogs ballsed up, now they've confirmed graphics degrading in The Division and Far Cry 4 is likely to be touched by this too.

That Watch Dogs mod? Likely to be patched out of existence with the next patch.

Also, muh feminizm.

[​IMG]

17. BigTeef

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I liked sakurai's response to the tourneyfag who said he could balance Smash 4. Sakurai asked "Have you ever made a game?".

19. Z100000M

Except thats a fucking shitty argument.
    Sure, what he more than likely meant was "You probably don't realise how hard it is to balance x characters with n moves", but thats a terrible way to put it.

20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

what if he made pong or breakout? would that make him an authority?