Hype thread: Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Apr 10, 2014.

1. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

What I am more interested in is the game play and story.
    And especially, if I am able to turn off other players invading my world. So far none of the trailers was able to answer that.

2. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

[​IMG]

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I heard the main storyline is gonna be pretty long, like 40 hours. Considering wolfenstein's campaign length vs advertised value, it should be around 20 (still long)

4. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Hehe, yeah. But I was honestly a bit surprised how much fun Wolfenstein was. It actually even managed to be serious about some things and treat some subjects with respect. (Read all the newspaper snippets.)

Anyway, gonna be able to play Watchdogs tomorrow when I come from work.

5. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Seems like we all have to boycott Watch Dogs:

[​IMG]

Does it even have gay marriage?

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

That's actually encouraging me to buy it, just to support Ubisoft for going against social justice people.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Don't they notice that the character you play is a white man who also takes part in breaking the law? SJWs are the worst, do they even remember the greatest GTA game, san andreas, that portrayed real life places like Oakland and the people who inhabited them, under the guise of fictional names?

8. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

I haven't even started the game yet and I saw at least one female character in the trailers already that wasn't a victim.
    And I bet you those idiots pretty much ignored all black people that are really just walking around, doing nothing.

9. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

[​IMG]

WATCHDOGS!!!!

10. McGyver

What is causing the nerdrage this time?

11. Fooshi

bubabub May 27, 2014
    this game is full suxx. no graphic, no phisic: even GTAs4 phisic is much much better. stupid gameplay if its possible to call it so. mini games are full **** disaster of the year! dont buy this crap, spend your money for smth. else

Whilst this is cherry picking from my side, this is basically what all the reviews are saying.

"My GPU is Nvidia and I lack VRAM so I can't play this because I'm dumb and I go with a GPU that doesn't meet the needed specifications to play half the modern games on full."

"TotalBiscuit said it ran like shit, so I'm going to go with that. 0/10."

"I don't care for graphics as they don't make the game, unless it's Watch Dogs. I'm a hypocritical arsewipe."

"I haven't played the game, but judging by what people are saying, I'm going to give it a 1/10. At least you tried, Ubisoft."

Basically, people who can't play the game due to shitty choice of hardware, people who hate it because it was hyped (See Breaking Bad) and GTA fanboys.

After playing it for an hour of two, I have to say it has a few flaws, mostly related to performance, which improved drastically after Nvidia / AMD released their drivers. Most of the reviews were posted before that.

It also has a horrid mouse acceleration, but that's apparently easily fixed by simply editing the config.

So yeah, the age of sheep reviews.

12. BigTeef

13. Fooshi

Don't need to be online to play my pirated copy of it. :3

I'm going to buy it when it goes on sale and they've defucked the situation a bit. As for now I will delete my copy of it and wait for the summer sale.

14. BigTeef

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Funny thing is, time and time again I practically see more bugs and worse performance with NVidia cards initially.
    As mentioned before, even TB with his two Titans said he had problems running the game on 60 fps on Ultra.

I am running it at Medium (the lowest) texture size and the graphics settings on High. It runs completely smooth. I haven't even updated my drivers yet, now that I think about it.
    The card I am using right now is this one: http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/ATI+Radeon+HD+5770/review

And the one I ordered is this one: http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+770/review

I really hope I won't encounter any more bugs or worse performance because of this.
    (I mainly bought it to enable Blender GPU rendering, which is about 12x faster than the CPU rendering when you only have an ATI card, and to use PhysX again.)

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

Just to stay with the flavour of the month, you shouldn't do it because that's against the rules it makes you a cunt blablabla.

17. Fooshi

If Ubisoft is going to release a partially broken product with subpar graphics compared to the original E3 2012 reveal, includes always-on DRM and force me to use Uplay, I will reserve myself the right to test run the game to make sure I won't throw away my money on something I won't enjoy.

Back in ye olden days when demos were still a thing, this wasn't much of a problem. If developers are complaining about piracy, it's usually their own fault for imposing such faggotry on their customers.

I rarely pirate games, but when I do, I usually end up buying them anyway.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

Or you can wait for them to fix shit. Or you can not buy the game to show that you don't approve of the company's strategy.

19. McGyver

Did you get the version with the included Bitcoin miner?

Something is always wrong with Ubisoft games, they seem to get so many things right but in the end the game always feels soulless.

20. Fooshi

That's what I'm hoping for. I was willing to pay full price for it, but if they're going to do the same mistake as DICE / EA, it'll probably take a long time to defuck the game. I've been waiting for this game since 2012 and it's making me sad to see such potential go to waste.

I was reluctant to downloading it at first due to this. I did my research and I'm fairly sure I downloaded a clean version.