Falling Titans

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

It gives you 3 load out slots to customize for the pilot and 3 for your mech, . It has to be done before match, but it isn't like you really need to switch to some specific build on every match. If you really wanted you could make 3 identical load outs and only change 1 thing between them. Which isn't that unlikely because like every game there will be weapons and abilities you like and ones you flat out don't. At the moment because it is a beta and they don't want to give you everything, there is only 1 mech chassis. There will be more in the actual game. I was somewhat saddened to find out I could not play with that revolver I saw in one of the vids.

Oh and yeah, only actual players drive titans.

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

It's beta, there is a ton of shit behind lock doors but from what I know there are 3 titan types.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz7tqR_cr5o

Edit: Got my beta.

Whelp...
    shit...

uhh
    fuck goddamnit

give me a sec
    shit uhhhh

I am having fun...
    with an ea game...
    im a bad person

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You are made of cardboard: The Game.

4. Lazybum

The one problem I have with this is that every fight feels rather 1 sided. If there is only 6 people per team each person counts for quite a bit more than the average shooter, like low pop empire games. So it always feels like this case of you have 3 people on your team sucking it and the enemy team has their shit together, so you can't hold an objective if you try to cap another point or your team can't get another point because you decide to defend one.

I do wonder if there will be some ranking system so you can play somewhat balanced matches. Current rank level thing wouldn't work for it because it is a linear progression and all it takes is time to get there. Experience from battlefield is that there is a really good chance you will do better than the guys with 3 times your level.

On a side note I got to try that stryder mech because of a burn card and it was somewhat disappointing. I mean I did go fast but I wanted more boost. You can never have enough boost.

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

6. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

But he didn't and it's shit. Basically proves he didn't touch it.

7. Z100000M

Im really dissappointed in the usage of the movement mechanics.
    Youd think you would have to use them to get anywhere fast, but one map just has like 3 detached houses and the other , while all city like, is all about camping rooftops. Sad, because moving around is more fun than combat itself.

8. BigTeef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv5GhqprEmE

[​IMG]

I had fun with the beta, and I was addicted but it went away after I basically figured out everything.
    There wasent a lot but its a beta, so I expect there be more stuff in the final release and they fix the graphic bullshit as well.
    We figured out what happend to the mirrors edge team, they basically ate them and had them do design on this.

The movement is so fluid and it pisses me off on how much of a chump I was when I bought brink.
    Because this feels like what brink should have been minus the jet-packs and mechs.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

"I can't wait for this game to be released so I can shit all over it".

10. Lazybum

I really wanted to say no to that grant, but then I remember bf4. I liked the beta of bf4 and thought it fixed a lot of the issues I had with bf3, but then I start playing the full game and it just didn't feel right.

Titanfall will be a bit different though I think. Core gameplay is incredibly solid. Nothing happened that felt like bullshit, unlike when I played bf. Only thing I want is more maps, which there will be 10 I think in final release. So I have no real reason to complain once the release because it will still be the same game, just a bit more.

11. BigTeef

I knew bf4 was going to be complete shit when the beta was completely unplayable, no matter how many patches they did. I like the map design though.

When I played the bf3 beta, I knew that game would be fun because the core fucking game worked.
    And it did, bf3 was great. I stopped playing it because battlefied 3 turned into a game where if you were not exploiting, you were loosing.

EA has a tendancy to shove out betas for games when in reailty they feel like demos more than betas.

Shit is broken time to time, but titan fall has been a smooth ride during the beta.
    No hiccups besides the occasional match making glich, and that was fixed when I just re-qued.

Optimzation was great, lag was not a problem, everything moved and felt great. Balance needed work so titans can be viable and some weapons not click to win.
    And thats easily fixable. But the game need 2x more of what it has right now or the game will die in months time.

"I'm a very pedantic person."

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  12. Z100000M

I actually have opposite feelings.
    I played quite alot of bf4 lately, and putting WAAC, sniping rooftops and occasional bug that hasnt been fixed for 3 months aside, its a pretty solid game. The netcode blows, sure, but it doesnt seem to be as bad as most people make it seem like.
    The TF beta though.. everything that happened there actualy felt like bullshit. Stuff like getting killed through walls ( you cant see the enemy on your end, but on killcam they somehow can), frags having apparently a lethal blast radius of over 8 meters etc.

13. Lazybum

Necrobump because I have been playing this game and it awesome. Part of that reason is it is currently 10$ on amazon(for us people only, sorry euros:()

Jeebus, this game is about going fast. Running everywhere wallrunning to maintain momentum while you hit the stim button and do a jump of like 50 meters to get onto the next building so you can snap that sniper's neck. Goddamn amazing is what it is. If you think you can camp in some corner with a carbine or sniper rifle you're wrong, DEAD WRONG. I"M COMING FOR YOU TO DELIVER A BOOT OF HOT JUSTICE.

Oh, and to add on to that whole mobility thing of real neat shit, there was a update that added a gamemode that made the ground deadly, so you have to stay on roofs or sides of buildings so you don't die. It also means titans are temporary bonus because they take damage from the floor too, a real fun game mode.

Anyone want to play sometime?

14. BigTeef

It's still alive?

With all that over priced bullshit map packs they keep releasing for it?

15. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

indeed... I won't buy it till shit goes down more.

16. Lazybum

I only got the base game but it's been tons of fun. Worth the 10$. I think season pass which has all maps cost 25$, so 35$ for everything. Might go a bit cheaper during the holidays though, I know the season passes for battlefield went cheaper during the sales.

Teef it's only 3 map packs, I don't think there's plans for more either.

It isn't quite dead... it doesn't help I've been playing real late at night so there's only about 300 people on I think. To be fair it's a 6v6, so you don't need tons of people to make it work. Hell with all the stuff going on even a 2v2 can be fun.

I mean to think of things in another way, there's plenty of people who are content playing the same 10-15 maps for empires, the base game of titan fall has 15. Though the map packs only add on 3 each, still there's plenty to do for 10$.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  17. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I'd pay five bucks for the goty version.

18. Lazybum

I don't get it, I just don't get it.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

We put Scrooge McDuck to shame around these parts!

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I would pay $3.50 for the goty version and a free xbox.