Falling Titans

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Pretty sure you're right, Teef keeps saying its an attachment tho. It's only the primary weapon for tactical, the smart pistol that has it I think.

And the question about the lock on timer existing is a silly one imo. Of course it does, that's generally implied whenever something has to lock on. No developer would make a weapon for a multiplayer game that insta-locks to multiple targets allowing you to kill them all at once simply by holding down the fire button. That's ridiculous.

Heck, watch the video, there's about a two second pause before he starts shooting in both the scenes where he's demonstrating it. He unloads his entire clip each time too, so I assume you have to reload after you do it (though that's just speculation).

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Section 8 had auto lock on too, and it recharged like every minute.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I agree that we're speculating at this point, but the leaked clip in your video is clear about two things:

1. In both clips, the player gets a clear line of sight and then waits at least a second before firing. If lock-on was instant, he'd have no reason to wait.
    2. There is an AR line from the smart pistol to the target. There is no such line for other weapons, suggesting it has something to do with the autoaim.
      • At certain points in the clip, it looks as if the line changes color right before the weapon is fired. Does the line change color once a lock has been made? If I was designing something like this, that's how I'd do it. It's elegant as fuck.
    Are we watching the same video? The Smart Pistol has autoaim without any attachments. The autoaim feature is part of the weapon and not caused by any attachments.

I'm not sure that there's a clear comparison other than they both likely have a limited range.

The smart pistol would only be effective against an unaware enemy because of the lock-on time involved.

A shotgun would be more effective against enemies that are aware of your presence and not quite as dominating against unaware enemies.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

http://youtu.be/6AkrWXqdC2M?t=4m40s

Right here in that training vid they describe the smartlock pistol. It really does seem a little too fast, but they can change it later if they need to. I do like that little line that goes from white to red showing when you shoot though.

Hahaha, shotguns are great with unaware opponents, it gives you time to close in and get a good clean shot, and if you do screw up the first shot you have enough time to get in another one. Honestly my experience with shotguns is that they kinda suck compared to anything else unless you are like 5 feet away from them, in a close range situation where they are facing you. I do wonder if it is possible to shoot the smart lock pistol with out a lockon.

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Back in the day I think it was 2007 or something.

It was the Shadowrun FPS, it was a frist person shooter revolving around magic and gadgets.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1YSFmCsajk

There was a gadget called smart link.

Smartlink – Smartlinked equipped characters have improved accuracy as well as a crucial component which is an integrated friend or foe system.
    A character equipped with Smartlink can not shoot his team mates with direct fire weapons.

However, team mates can still be hit by splash damage from a rocket launcher or shotgun. One negative aspect of Smartlink, is that it projects a red-laser beam at all times, making it easy for enemies to locate or track a character equipped with it.
    I am being wrong in-order to promote discussion.
    Sorry for being deceiving.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Wait what? I thought shadowrun was one of those topdown rpg things, similar to baldurs gate or planescape torment. I wanna play a game with magic and tech, it sounds like fun.

7. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

8. BigTeef

It was not bad at all, Microsoft killed them the moment they released it and could only do patches.
    I was addicted to this game for several months, I would play this like people did with counter strike.
    It had some sick achievements too.

There was supposed to be several gigs of content added but those shits said no.
    That cross platform thing was the worst idea ever because how much it played better on pc and they sunk money into a thing were pc players will always win.
    This was a feature that was forced on to them and microsoft took no responsibility for the consequences and blamed them.

However, the servers are still running and they keep re-licensing the name, for which I assume they eventually want to do another.
    It's 10$ right now, or somthing maybe less I suggest getting your hands on it and trying it for yourself.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  9. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

10. BigTeef

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

12. BigTeef

Here is a thing on game modes.

13. BigTeef

Double post.
    Max characters reached

They did a overhaul on graphics and fixed the ugliness we saw a few months back.
    Whats bugging me about titan fall is the AI and the blatant over use of the shield mechanic titans get.

Pcgamer hands on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeC1BVWacFM

Here is a longer video with Cox
    He fills you in more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMWVxp08VLI

And my favorite jewtuber LevelCap
    http://youtu.be/0RgZXzOq7bY

The infantry combat looks more updated but I get the core is giant mech fights and stuff.
    Though it looks like you wont be spending much time outside of them other than the cool down time from your last one being destroyed.

I hope they do something to entice people out of their walking suits of armor other than objectives.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  14. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Did you hear that the one and only FPS series has switched to a three-year development cycle? Can't wait until November.

15. BigTeef

So they going to take 3 years to give us a game that will be exactly the same shit we have now. But with three years of polish.

Yeah sure why not, goat simulator got green lit why the fuck not a 3 year polished cod game.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Man, it has to be really tiring trying to reinvent the wheel every year.

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I read that as 3 years of Polish, you know, like the language.

Cause D.D.D. wants a game with 3 years worth of polaks in it.

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Man, Id never willingly play a game dubbed with polish.

I bough bf4 because the key was on the cheap, but it was the pol version. Jesus christ, the fucking sounds are so obnoxious and filth ridden. At least the chineese and russians werent touched. Polish is all slurs, slang and retarded, made up military lingo. Russian is calm and quite awesome. Being a slav, russian is pretty understanble anyway and also makes other slav languages sound funny.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  19. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

They just got three game studios to work on a game over a three year period. They'll still release the same regurgitated shit every year.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You can't improve perfection.

And the only two games I play with Polish anything are Knights and Merchants and the Witcher.