Falling Titans

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, Aug 20, 2013.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Additional information http://www.pcgamer.com/tag/titanfall/

New trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYDrzk1xs4

E3 Demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sqPxbLmIU

Tea with Teef

From what I can gather it looks like Battlefield 2142 reincarnated as a parkour fps with mechfighting.

What they plan to do is make multiplayer play like "Brink" the over hyped and proclaimed evolutionary game that flopped harder than a game as before but making it more dynamic and different than it always being the same rehash for each level.

The new trailer also shows a mechanic of when you loose, people need to evacuate the area to save and gain what they managed to get during the missions. Kind of like fighting back before being killed in AC multiplayer from revelations to 3.

Game-play feels fast paced and hype, with the rapid agility and time based movement you can feel this is E sports material. Titan combat looks more slow down compared to infantry combat exchanged for a complete boost in fire power and endurance. They also show you need to have complete spacial awareness seeing as its easy to flank and surprise the giant hulking machines. With either weapons or hijacking, although in practice it looks better to do a aerial jump and steal one than wasting time trying to blow it up.

Now what they also show is you can summon one and never use it, it will follow you and act as bodyguard and protect you from whatever is in the area. This is a good mechanic because objectives are planned to be in areas where titans can't reach. So having it stand watch outside of a office building is very advantageous seeing as AI will always have a premonition of where the enemy is.

What is everyone else thoughts on EA's new ambitious IP?
    Is this another clever ploy from them to get more money?
    Or is this a new chapter for EA to make strides towards the light?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3z25fL8l7w#t=413

It is a 20 minute video featuring a interview, demonstration of shit we have seen, additional info about the game, why girls with tattos are nice, ect.

source

Too me, this is 2142.
    This looks and feels exactly like 2142 with weapon welding mechs and free running.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  2. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Yes.

I'm not personally interested in the game very much, but its got some potential.

Of course, the studio doing the developing is led by the former president and former CEO of Infinity Ward. Mildly amusing fact I suppose.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Either it's going to require origin, or much more likely, GFWL to play. Would not touch with 45 and half foot pole.

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

GFWL is dead in a year, so I highly doubt they'll go for that. Most likely Origin exclusive.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The game looks cool, but it reminds me of Section 8. I.e., an interesting concept that might not have a great deal beyond that in terms of gameplay. If it is like Battlefield then that's great, but I didn't see any other vehicles there besides mechs, nor did I see much of a battlefield. It may as well be a deathmatch/control point game with mechs if that's all they're going to do with it. I guess we have to wait for more info.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

This game looks kickass.

I love how they meaningfully combined fast paced vertical combat with the infantry and slower, flatter, "tank-ish" combat in the titans.

Look at the eject mechanic. You get thrown up the air. For the vertically oriented infantry, that's exactly where you want to be. You lost the "slow" game, but you get an advantage in the "fast" game. That is elegant as fuck.

The weapons also look incredible. They are so visceral. Shit is hanging off of them. You hear clicks and claps as mechanical stuff moves. It reminds me of cod with its relentless cinematic feel.

EDIT Forgot to recognize the A+ post from Teef. 9/10, would read again.

[Sub](You need more strippers to get 10/10)[/sub]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Look quite fun. I'm personally more impressed on what they've managed to do visually with the Source engine.

Some of the folks that left Infinity Ward after the Modern Warfare 2 fiasco are working on this game.

8. BigTeef

I will never make a thread with a poll.

Stop trying to send me subliminal messages.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Ok so I actually watched the trailer after seeing Spartacus' post. A z-axis shooter, with mechs, arena arcade style of cod gameplay.

It's beautiful, I actually got excited watching. Too bad though that it's on Xbone/360. It'll probably get a PS4 port anyways though.

10. BigTeef

y u no read?

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I did but seeing as how I'm gaming on 2007 hardware and what with about to go into university I'm probably not going to have the cash to get a good PC, I'm probably going to go with a console for my newer gaming needs.

12. BigTeef

[​IMG]

Seeing as a ps4 will be 400$ and xbawk $500, I am sure if you ask spartacus he can find you compatible parts in your budget.
    Its better to save up and get a computer because its more rewarding than having a console.
    I learned such things by being a console fag for 15 years.

Also mouse and keyboard are superior controllers.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  13. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Pcgamer.com constructed a PC for 500$ that was as good as or better than ps4, and you could also upgrade it. I'm sure Spartacus can put together a similar if not better setup.

14. ImSpartacus

It's using the Source engine, so you may have a prayer of powering it.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Source engine? god damn people (who aren't valve) are still making games on that?

Although I'm a bit surprised those graphics looked way better than source engine. The developers have clearly shown their work.

16. BigTeef

It's on the new source engine.

Much like hl3 will be, and how CS:Go is.

17. ImSpartacus

What proof do you have of this?

18. BigTeef

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/06/l...e-2-reportedly-referenced-in-valve-changelog/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHen8KxsXYI

Why the fuck do you think hl3 is taking forever.
    It sometimes takes months, years developing a new engine.

How does releasing their prize possession on an old engine make any sense?

Right now CS:go is running on the normal source engine, but seeing as they will be compatible with each-other.
    I would not be surprised if they import all if their multiplayer focused games to it.

Which scared me for empires because I thought it would be a forced change, but it turns out it wont be because the single player games will stay on thier respected engines.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  19. ImSpartacus

20. BigTeef

Because it would be stupid not too.

Source 2 is source 1 with added improvements and new features, and a plethora of stuff the original lacked.
    An upgrade.
    Why release a tool that doesn't have familiarity of the first one.

That's like not putting backwards compatibility on a console.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013