UK rage against "young people" ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by REX, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Caelo

Caelo Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  2. TheBoff

TheBoff Member

know a psychologist or use a psychologist. I am also a Brit, nearly 16, and I would say that you're speaking out of your arse.

Judging by the attidudes displayed in that post you would prefer to go back the old, infintely corrupt, 1815 govern ment - only the rich people get to vote, basically. That would sort out the current labour government, eh? I notice that there have been no mention of the Tory scandals in your post? Nothing about Eton-schooled "Ordinary Chap" David Cameron dismissing the holocaust as a gimmick? Nothing about how the Tory's recieve all their funding from the rich, right wing upper classes.

As a bright young person, I would dearly love it if there was some way to combat chavs, and british culture, but your blantantly racist post almost deserves a ban I feel.

Also Caelo, I agree with your comments.

3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Tazer ALL CHAVS YAY!!!! ^^

4. TheBoff

TheBoff Member

Hillybilly, On behalf of the empires community I would just like to thank you for that thought out and sensible contribution to an interesting topic.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I would just like to go on record here for coining the phrase "Ethnic Chav"...because let's be honest, they exist.

Britain does have a problem with it's culture disappearing. This is mainly due to Britain bending over backward to accomodate people who won't integrate. It's not about them accepting immigrants, it's about them accepting people into the country who do not want to integrate. They just want to carve a piece outta the country for themselves to live in...which just isn't right.

I'm shocked when I open the paper and see "outrage at so-and-so priest's comment against muslims call to prayer"...and what was his argument? The bell is different to the call of to prayer, it's less intrusive. You're damn right it's different, this is a christian country and the bell is a symbol of the country itself, the call of the muezzin is a symbol to muslims and muslims only. There's no way that should be allowed.

This is what is ridiculous about this country...it bends over backwards to make itself more "multicultural" and destroys it's own sense of pride. It destroys what makes the country great. I'm really happy that the country is open to other peoples, it makes this place a great place to live, but god damn, when will the goverment realise it's not wrong for them to have some pride? I want to see a st.georges day too..not just an eid, diwali and hanukkah.

From having inequality we had true equality...and then somehow it just went the other way. Britain should just not have people who don't want to be british. You come here, you integrate and it's all good...you don't want to integrate? Just leave.

6. REX

REX Member

Indeed.

One thing that really annoys me here is when people dont seem to consider that if we went to live in their countries we would not be shown any consideration what so ever and be forced to live by their sharia whatever laws. Goddamn hippies.

Anyway the problems lately have sparked the small neonazi movement here to do protests and they always manage to make us non hippies look like retards. Sadly the public service channel is on the hippie side of things and they tend to show the worst of the worst from the neonazi. Interviewing them and that just doesn't get us anywhere.

They dont have any skills in expressing themselves with words. So it always just ends with them ranting in anger and then saying DENMARK FOR THE DANES and then expressing themselves through violence.:s

Theres this one British guy who is very good at expressing why religion does not need special consideration and so on. Pat Condell. His videos are often right on target. I wish he would get some air time on TV.

7. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Irrelevant, but:

1. The 'attempted' genocide? You are questioning whether I recognize it myself (which I do), but an "attempt" is a slight understatement for 6,000,000 dead. Though, the absolute reality probably lies somewhere in the middleground of what both sides claim.
    2. Jewish 'race'? As far as I know, Judaism is a religion. There is no Jewish race or a Christian race, if race refers to anything connected to genetics.
    3. How is the holocaust relevant to the topic, anyways? BNP?

I think you've misunderstood something. As I said before; I dislike the culture, not the people who live by it. I have some decent Muslim friends on the internet, who don't take their religion blindly to the core, unlike the hooligans we get to see on the streets. That's where the definition of being a Muslim gets blurry, though. For example, I'm officially Christian, according to some paper somewhere. However, as I've stated, in reality I'm an atheist. I haven't bothered to leave the church yet, I'll probably do it eventually. I don't follow any Christian traditions or principles. I wouldn't call myself a Christian.

Look, I know what a bigot is, and I'm not one. Ageism has to exist on some level, though. It would simply be too resource-consuming to implement a reliable and uncorruptable system whose purpose is to study each and every child on the planet in order to be able to determine whether they are mature enough to vote, drink, drive a car, etc. or not. Culture, on the other hand, is something that you choose. You may be born into a culture, but it's totally up to you whether you follow your culture or abandon it, unless there are state-imposed requirements and restrictions, which, in this case, would exist in my ideal country.

If I was to organize forced, government-promoted cultural reform and purification, every citizen (yes - whites, arabs, Christians, Muslims, Jews, you name them) under the state's authority would be subject to it. If I was to ensure all immigrants hold such religious values that are in compliance with the law and culture of the country, only those who practically are in conflict western values would be either rejected or 'converted', so to say.

Sorry, I meant Muslim immigrants to western countries. I'll also refer to what I said above;

That's where the definition of being a Muslim gets blurry, though. For example, I'm officially Christian, according to some paper somewhere. However, as I've stated, in reality I'm an atheist. I haven't bothered to leave the church yet, I'll probably do it eventually. I don't follow any Christian traditions or principles. I wouldn't call myself Christian.

A lot of people neglect so many Islamic traditions, that it's hard to think of them as genuine Muslims. I wasn't referring to those who are only 'formally' Muslims.

You may imagine my view of all Muslims is comparable to judging all modern Christians by the crusades commenced 800 years ago, but you are wrong. However, for reasons you already mentioned, a high percentage of Muslims are radical and violent, and most of the rest consciously tolerate and fail to condemn the actions of the radicals, during this age. Everyone sees that.

If you don't have the time, then don't reply. Throwing an insult isn't going to prove your point or save your time. Also, care to explain how I am 'running in circles'?

Well of course it's rubbish, if it's an absolute requirement to actually be part of both cultures. We might as well trash the whole concept of a 'neutral' point of view, but you know what I mean anyway.

I'll define civilization:

Compared with less complex cultures, members of a civilization are organized into a diverse division of labour and an intricate social hierarchy. The term civilization is often used as a synonym for culture in both popular and academic circles.[1] Every human being participates in a culture, defined as "the arts, customs, habits... beliefs, values, behavior and material habits that constitute a people's way of life".[2] Civilizations can be distinguished from other cultures by their high level of social complexity and organization, and by their diverse economic and cultural activities.

The term civilization has been defined and understood in a number of ways different from the standard definition. Sometimes it is used synonymously with the broader term culture. Civilization can also refer to society as a whole. To nineteenth-century English anthropologist Edward Burnett Tylor, for example, civilization was "the total social heredity of mankind;"[3] in other words, civilization was the totality of human knowledge and culture as represented by the most "advanced" society at a given time.[4] Civilization can be used in a normative sense as well: if complex and urban cultures are assumed to be superior to other "savage" or "barbarian" cultures, then "civilization" is used as a synonym for "superiority of certain groups." In a similar sense, civilization can mean "refinement of thought, manners, or taste".[5] However, in its most widely used definition, civilization is a descriptive term for a relatively complex agricultural and urban culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization

Wikipedia's definition comes close enough to my own.

No, it does not. I don't see why you would call me a 'racist bastard' though. I would understand 'fascist bastard'.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  8. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

O.o and brits make fun of america for being fucked up O.o

Fuck it, lets all move to canada.

**EDIT**

I guess we can't say anything over here. We use shotguns and .35 mags instead of noise makers ^_^

9. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Indeed, and once you throw that angry teenager out of your store at gunpoint, he'll buy a gun too, go to some university, and blow the living shit out of everyone and everything.

As for TheBoff's comment on hillbilly's rant;
    I think you might have to look up the real meaning of the word "racism" from a dictionary. Hillbilly's rant was clearly populist in nature, but racist and deserving a ban? Far from it.

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The same thing is happening in Belgium, many immigrants don't want to integrate and simply life off of the state, then when they're sent out of the country, they rally up a group of people to state that they've integrated.

As a matter of fact, there's semi-immigrants living right on top of my head, one floor above mine. They use 3-6 month visas to stay in the country, under the guise that they're working for a company. Just this week, they brought in a bunch of expensive things like a plasma tv, just because on of they're wives came to life with them.

I woke up today with the sound of a vacuumcleaner cleaning the room above me, and it was louder than the vacuumcleaner in my own apartement.
    Hell, the immigrants even have a wiki set up to help them get into countries, something which i consider to be an insult, actually providing immigrants with everything they need to force their way into a country.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I laugh at people that think that immigrants "leech" off society, which simply isn't true.

the work of immigrants gives the UK a net bonus of more than a billion pounds annually.

And how can immigrants leach of society when they are required to be registered in order to claim benefits? What else are they going to do, use our public transport too much?

oh, also, guess the number 1 nationality of illigal immagrants. Poland? Pakistan I hear you blindly chant? Actually it's North America. That's a cold, hard fact. I didn't believe it at first either, but that's just because I too used to at least harbour the notions of the daily mail and daily express.

It helps when your mum got an anthropology degree at oxford uni.

I think it's funny that when you get enough bigotted people without facts but opinions, they can pretty much form an acceptable "point of view" like the idea that immigrants come and leech off society, as if it can justifiably be believed as an alternative.

oh, and if you do want to see the real leeches on society, just look at the richest 5%. I've heard them described as the pound's plughole, because for many people in that position the vast majority of the wealth they aquire in britian they put into off shore tax havens and spend it abroad, where britian is never going to get the money back again.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Ok JJ, I feel you aren't getting my point here...let me explain it a bit if I can. Firstly; Taking the religion "blindly to the core", actually results in the REVERSE of what the terrorists do. The religion preaches living in harmony as it's number 1 facet. It maintains that it is just the reincarnation of the same religion that has been sent to man over and over again (christianity, judaism, etc), except that this time they say the message is right. The Qu'ran instructs to Leave other religions and peoples in peace and live in peace with the world. It says that people are not wrong to want to live good lives...it doesn't matter what religion you are or your creed or colour. The whole book is about equality.

Secondly; A high percentage of muslims are NOT radical and violent. They are a definite minority. Most of the rest of the muslims do not tolerate these behaviours, and indeed, they speak out about the actions these terrorists take. The terrorists are not muslim, you see, because they fail to follow the prime tenets taught by the religion about living in harmony.

Thirdly; To be a muslim you only need to do one thing. Believe in Allah as god of all things. It would help if you could pronounce the shahadah (profession of faith) in any language, but all you really need is belief.

Now, i'm not totally against your views on forced society because I believe in some ways it is helpful. However, it is inherently dangerous...there are many pitfalls with this idea and it is incredibly easy to abuse. That is the reason most people oppose this idea - not because they don't like what it promises, but what comes about after...you always get martial law and closed society. It always, always happens that you get more and more rules imposed on people and enforced, with only the people at the top having freedom and pulling the strings.

It's an attempt because Judaism and Jews still exist. Ultimately it was a failure wasn't it? Jewish 'race' is a mistake on my part, it was purely used as a simplifier. The holocaust isn't really relevant, but it is in a way because you had been advocating the use of force on a particular group of society. People drew parallels between your views and those held during the holocaust.

13. davee magee

davee magee Member

JJ, im sorry for my previous post,
    While i dont agree with you it wasnt an excuse to get angry, and besides what I said didnt really make alot of sense (while what i meant to say did).

i'll leave the persuation to IKALX now.

14. REX

REX Member

Over here they do leech and they do it well in many ways. There is a high unemployment rate among them, but that has become harder these days with new rules in order to get the benefits.

They do like to set up shops mostly greengrocer's, pizza/grill and Merchants.

I often talk with the local pizza guy and he constantly starts new grills because of the startup help benefits. He sends crazy amounts of money back home to his family. I often see them at the post office sending giant stacks of money back home.

I also know the local greengrocer and hes bought 2 houses back in Turkey and also supports a lot of people back home.

When im bored with the usual stuff I sometimes go to their shops in town and get strange illegal imports at prices that are very far below anywhere else. They clearly dont pay import taxes and so on. But they have a lot of unusual stuff... kindoff like being on a vacation. Lol they always ask if I want to buy my soda with or without the deposit :), they dont put on the stickers.

Also a lot of them have very nice cars. A guy I knew in school had a new Audi with a pricetag of atleast 50000£ and he was only 18 years old.
    There are a lot of these sweet cars in the local gettho "South park" and most of them make stops across the streets of my mothers old shop. they step out and someone from the apartment above throws out a key. You may have already guessed it yes its drug dealers :).

But then there are the immigrants that dont bother me. A lot of the asians/italiens have made great restaurants in my town. Also a clothes store owned by people from greece. We also have a lot of people from Poland who do heavy work at very low prices. So yes there are a fair amount of immigrants who do well and who have integrated. But a lot of them drain the nation of money just as much as the rich do.

15. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

16. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

Immigrants are okay with me, but they gotta integrate. If they dont integrate, then they get kicked out, and me likey :)

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it's allah simon, not muhammad.

18. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Uhhh, no, its depictions of Muhammad. Just for future reference if your going disagree with me, please consult Google first. kthxbai

19. REX

REX Member

Wauw I see the light now. Ofcourse we should not debate anything that requires a lot of words. This is a gaming forum so we should all look at some YouTube videos and use no more than 10 words max per response right ?.

And if we see any thread more advanced than that we should go off topic and fuck around. :pathetic:

20. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

TBH, I blame parents of the children for that. My generation, or the children around my generation, have a severe lack of respect for life. Most kids between the ages of 2 and 25 year old have some sort of mentality that they are what matters. They don't think how things will impact those around them. More or less, they are mostly spoil selfish brats.

Before, during the 1950's and 60's, parents were much more forceful upon their children. Parents taught their children how to live moral life styles, not only by telling them what to do, but also leading by example. School taught children the ethics of society. They didn't say violence was absolutely forbidden. They taught when violence was acceptable and to what extent violence was acceptable.

Now with 0 tolerance for everything, and the prevalent attitude that everyone else in the world can go f*ck themselves, you don't see that anymore. I was fortunate. My family is reallllly old fashioned. I will always respect my parents, whether I like them at the time or not. I will always be thankful that they put up with my shit day in and day out. I owe them my life while they owe me nothing.

That's just my 2 cents. As I always tell certain types of people, get the f*ck over yourself. There is a difference between being god and making people know you are god. God is pretty good at it, but most teenagers aren't.