UK rage against "young people" ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by REX, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I really don't think that's true at all, but it all depends where you live.

except for me, none of my good mates, my football team, have done drugs. one of them doesn't even drink. we go out to partys, we play football. nobody in any of the 3 secondary+ schools i've been in has died, or had a knife incident, or an unexpected pregnancy.

england is awesome from where I stand. hoodies make me lol, they don't threaten me.

2. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Awesome :D

3. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Quite the opposite for me, in High School, one girl hung herself from a staircase, one, one player from our school dropped dead during a Football (American) game, & a friend of mine drowned while surfing. Pregnancy was common & most of those girls usually ended up transferring to a school for pregnant high school girls. As well as bunch of other random crap like arsonist, & cementing the building doors shut.

4. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I lived mostly in Newcastle and Scotland lol. Maybe its just the north is messed up hehe

5. REX

REX Member

In my highschool there was not even 1 that smoked. Some people did drink a bit too much...... all the time.

It was far worse in my younger years as my school far out of the city only teached until 7th grade. Then we all moved to another school and I fing kid you not, translated to english means South Park.

the worst ghetto in town. Now not all imigrants are bad, but it had a nick name that indicated that there was a lot of the bad ones. And by my experience there they were the ones making trouble. A lot of them using knifes, most of the time trying to start fights.

I especially remember once were this egyptian guy told me how he could slice open my chin and how freaky it would look and how he could also take out my 2 friends.

He had been saying crap like that before, but this time we were alone walking in gym class far from the school. He continued to intimidate us and thats when I had enough and decided to scare him. When he looked to my 2 mates I picked up a good rock and when he again claimed he could kill us all, I told him I would crack his skull open wih my rock. Suddenly he seemed less confident.

sadly that was how you would get some respect there. I may have saved him from a lot of injury as my 2 friends are actually black belts, but they didnt say anything, as no one ever believes that claim when a fight is about to break out.

6. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

That device is a fine idea and fixes the problem for the shopkeepers, but it doesn't really change the corrupted nature of the modern youth. The retards should be arrested and forced into camp schools with militaristic discipline, to be taught to respect and contribute to the society they're living in. In fact, every school should be like that.

Drinking and smoking should be banned, companies selling unhealthy food like McDonalds should be shut down, and people should be provided with healthy nourishment, and healthy nourishment only. Physical exercise and healthy lifestyles should be forced upon everyone. Obesity should be a crime, unless caused by a genetic disorder or something.

I hate freedom and tolerance when taken to the extremes. That will only make us spineless pigs with a low work morale, no motivation to respect one's society, and no capability to stand up to anyone or anything. But whenever you speak against freedom, you will be labelled a fascist, and fascism by the average Joe's definition is evil. What's next - the act of disciplining one's children to behave like human beings (instead of apes) will be labelled evil and oppressive?

I have seen first hand the youth begin descending into the shitter here in Finland, too. When every obligation becomes voluntary, sure, the courageous and talented minority will be more motivated to fulfill those obligations. However, everyone else never learns to respect authority, nor to acknowledge to have any responsibilities to others than themselves.

[/right-wing rant]

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It must be quite depressing to live in your world JJ.

8. Aurora

I'm sometimes depressed, but most of the time I'm an optimist. Optimism gives strength, and I try to never give up on important goals. I can acknowledge problems and depressing things, but letting them bring my motivation down serves no purpose, as it doesn't help me solve the problems or get over said things. I'm quite cheerful at the moment. The state of the modern youth isn't exactly the end of the world, but it does suck.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  9. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

This thing is just something that stops the symptoms. the problem is still there, wrecking havoc (apparently that's how to spell it!) to the rest if the country. Seriously, if these sorts of things are going to be stopped, the root of the problem has to be fixed.

10. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I contribute to my society, I respect the lives and opinions of others. I don't go around causing trouble.

I have no respect for authority.

I respect skill, experience, intelligence. I'll listen to orders if I think the guy giving them is making sense. But I won't respect someone just because I'm told I should. That shit gets people killed.

Same reason I don't follow rules blindly. Rules are made for a reason, and I believe you should understand the reasons before you go obeying, or breaking, rules.

11. ba'al

ba'al Member

Is the Mosquito thing true? I've never heard anything about it, seems unreal to me.
    I don't live in England, so I really don't know if what you're is true or not.

I live in Portugal, worst country in Europe, (every portuguese person I know admits it), it's a country that doesn't have a single law which isn't absurd or plain stupid.

Take for a example law passed in the late 2007, in which the number of times you repeated a crime doesn't matter, meaning that there is no difference between the number of people you kill. Also, police officers have no authority whatsoever, there has been a case where a policeman was arrested for shooting a man that stabbed and killed 4 police officers. In fact, police officers can only use their guns when the perpretator has a gun as well.

Spain, also, has a number of absurd laws. Here, the maximum prison time you can ever have is 30 years (in Portugal it' 25 years), independently of the crimes commited, everyday of that prison time spent working or studying through mail removes a day of the total prison time, halving it. Spain's currrent prime-minister , Jose Luis Zapatero, is/was being accused of negotiating with ETA. While the same people that were pointing fingers had been freeing their people during their last mandate.

Sorry for the long rant, but I want you to know, that wherever you live, there is always worst.

12. REX

REX Member

13. ba'al

ba'al Member

I still think it's kina of a prank or something.

Isn't illegal to put those things up?

14. Aurora

Believe it or not, but sense is a very subjective definition. We need experienced and knowledgeable authority to endorse basic values and a certain definition of sense on ourselves, to enable us to live properly in a society, and to cooperate and coexist peacefully with each other. We need authority to unite us.

Rules effectively serve the exact same purpose in a different way, as they are written by the authorities. Indeed they exist for a reason, to guide the people and uphold order... but I don't see the point you were trying to make.

Well yes, on the economic level I tend to be leftist. I'm just very authoritarian. I guess the left-right axis is just too outdated nowadays... www.politicalcompass.org is more accurate.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

how's that fixed?

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Don't worry JJ, your day is coming - just have a look at zeitgeist and you'll see what I mean. When I look at that thing, I can't help feeling there's more than a grain of truth in there...tho I don't believe things I can't confirm myself, so it's mostly disregarded. Still, it's at the back of my mind...and i'm sure a world like that would make you happier.

17. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Because you go far enough to the left and right and you can't tell the difference anymore :)

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

some situations, some limited situations, that is true.

but I don't think JJ was making a very leftist speech to me.

19. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

20. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I'm torn on this issue. On the one hand, I hate you damn meddling kids. On the other hand, if this were done on some other age group, like, say, senior citizens, the AARP would be spanking senators so fast you'd swear your grand-pappy's belt was a member of congress.

Then again, as a famous philosopher once put it,

Adults! Kids! Adults! Kids! Adults! Kids! (Warning, whoever posted it screwed up the volume. Turn your speakers down first. It practically deafened me.)