This is getting out of hand.

Discussion in 'General' started by Paradox, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Everyone seems to come back to this point that I knew better I do know better than to continue "exploiting" when admins are getting pissed thats why I stopped it, but if they ban me for arguin with destroyer about 9 mining using previous so caled exploit I'll get pissed at that shit.

2. Paradox

No no I should really get banned because mcgyver, a guy I never play with, has me on his non friends list on the forum.

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

You make a persuasive argument, okay I changed my mind.

I vote perma.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You. Got. Banned. For. Dodging. Gags.

You can't even read what other people are writing, you shit all over them, you twist both facts and their words, and you expect fair treatment.

5. Paradox

I got banned for exploiting -> exploit and general assholery-> calling u a stupid idiot and arguing''

[​IMG]

6. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

And I gave you a thorough post explaining why the ban reason was "exploiting and general assholery", but as others have mentioned you don't bother reading what others write.

I'll reiterate. Its usually not a good idea to try to justify your actions and state how you are right and everyone else is wrong after exploiting.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I understand. I really do. I can't stand being gagged or muted if I'm trying to argue/debate against something.

But, dude, the point is to not be surprised when shit sticks. For admins it's more about people trying to be fair rather than sticking a set of rules and laws like we have in real life. They have server rules, sure, but after that it's admin's discretion and everyone has their own.

What I find funny is 7 years I've been playing this game and not a single ban, kick, slay, have I endured. Sometimes slaps for lolz, but apart from that, no admin intervention. And there are maybe 30-50% of the players on Empires who are the same, and we have to play with dicks who basically mouth off and exploit and are doing it simply because they know Empires needs the players, rather than because they would do it normally.

8. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

The difference is that you can tell the difference between things that you should and shouldn't be doing Ikalx.

9. 101010

101010 Member

The problem is every admin has different ideas of what people shouldn't be doing and who is allowed to do it. I have also noticed most of the admins that ban people for exploiting are the ones that exploit the most.

I have seen lots of people do the same things paradox did and no admin action was taken. I have even seen admins doing the same things.

How are new people supposed to learn the game when there is no consistency of what is allowed ?

[​IMG]

10. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Pretty hard to take action when noone bothers to report it.

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I can't seriously believe that such a thread went on for 7 pages already. Fukken really? I don't care much about this "go disscuss on server page, as us being such a small community with 2 servers, we all swim in the same flith, but making threads such as this is an offence onto itself.
    There is not even much argument to be made at all, yet it seems everyone is content with wasting eachothers time with pointless discussion.
    You exploit you get banned.
    You dodge admin commands, you get banned.
    It is common sense for anyone who has been playing any multiplayer game for more than a year.
    Ban expires, but you still persist? Ban again.
    Simple.
    There, can we lock this now?

Also, regarding D's post- Paradox? Elitism? Did I miss something?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  12. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

i see the confusion. at first it seems as though your initial reason is in fact the gag evading. i understand debate and a desire for clarity is annoying and inconvenient.

but then just two sentences later, you state that both bans are for exploiting, with the second "lengthened due to your further misbehaviour against admins"

so if i understand correctly Paradox is accurate that his ban was subjectively delayed (not really happening) and then applied when his defense and inquiry for explanation was deemed to be too much hassle and require too introspection.

this would be like going to court to contest a speeding ticket, where one might simply be facing a fine. upon arrival in court the judge says "this guy... always here bitching about his ticket. it seems like 34 times i've seen him. he's always dressed inappropriate for court, he's always rude and he's not a very good driver. fuck him, let's throw him jail for the weekend. gg no re"

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you know paradox, ive never ever received a single ban, kick, gag or any other admin action taken against me the entire 7 years i played empires.
    now theres a lot of people claiming its so full of bugs that you have to stumble into exploiting at a time, how hard was it? not at all ...

but then my iq is over room temperature.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  14. Paradox

I have never received a serious ban kick gag or silence ever until this week.
    Your point is? It's like I have this reputation of always being seriously banned or kicked every fucking time I play, it's the first time ever people are actually seriously kicking me and gagging me before it was all fun and jokes cause it was friends ( mostly predator the dick ) doing random shit to me just because he can. Bousting about your iq over internet, tough guy.

15. flasche

if youd be so smart, you by now should have realized how pointess any further argument is - no matter if its fair or not.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

ditto
    Even severe (and actual) retards have iq around 50, afair.
    Unless you are using hipsterheghts.

And now I'm going against my own recommnedation. Damm you useless trivia.

17. 101010

101010 Member

I'm talking about when admins are on. They see people doing something and choose to allow it. Then other times it's a problem. It ether allowed or it isn't. If an admin exploits then later bans,kicks,or slays someone for doing the same thing.....that's a big problem.
    Things like that make new people not stick around.

That's why I keep say there should be some sort of guidelines.
    You can not have different rules depending on what admin is on and what mood they are in. Any other mod / game servers the rules are set. You break a rule it's an automatic ban. If your an admin and you break rules your removed from admin.

If things are ok to do some times and not others. Then admins to to communicate when it is ok and when it's not.

18. Paradox

I'm not arguing my ban there I'm arguing better admin policy and consistency. And your stupid ass claim that I get banned every day and how much smarter you are for not getting banned. That right there is massive elitism

19. flasche

oh man, well yes i probably should have left out the last sentence. sorry bout that, i dont think you are dumb in terms of mentally challenged, just a bit dense.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

This would be like getting caught speeding and protesting that you weren't instead.

And the repeated gagging was so that Wealthy could type something to Paradox without him interrupting, but he instead kept rejoining the server. Not only that, he also blamed his shitty connection for constantly dropping him (100% absolute bullshit). In the end his ban was exploiting AND general assholery - you should know not to do certain things, and that is clear as day.

@42: The next time you see someone breaking the rules report him to an admin. They can't take action if they don't know it needs to be taken. We've said it time and again in this thread and you keep repeating the same argument as well.