Replacement of the sniper

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by deadly_venom, Aug 25, 2008.

1. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

te AR is supposed to be a med. range infantry killer, no? yet it can kill as easily at long range, or short range.

the "scout" rifle is suposed to be a long range infantry killer, no? it acts horribly at short ranges, and due to the cone of fire, it acts horrible at long range too.

your choise, wich of the 2 is over powered?

anyway, unless the AR is supposed to be a long range auto-headshot machine, my argument still stands. as it is now, the AR is a much better sniper than the scout rifle. so hey, people would complain if the rocket launcher 1-hit killed infantry, so why don't they complain when the AR can headshot someone that's 2 pixels big? (and i'm not talking about a 1% chanse of a headshot either)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

lots of people are coming on these forums to protest that the scout rifle is being removed. perhaps some people really enjoy it, and it can be made a useful part of the mod.

3. Tuxu

Tuxu Member

Wrong

not true.

just today; 7 kills under 60 seconds on drummer's map, the one with the electricity poles and fallen roman columns. Don't u just luv suicidel-turret-building-engies? ^^

and thats on a bad day :(

I think that the scope should b an upgrade u can take like the silencer and like you really do it on an M16.

hmm, that better go into suggestions as well :p

4. communism

communism poof

Its fun for the people doing the sniping. When you die normally its because you duked it out with some other class and he out did you, with the scout rifle its usually you are running to one place not worrying about people trying to snipe you from where you could not retaliate even if you tried. Its unfun to be honest, I hate walking and dieing in one shot because I wasn't expecting someone to be camped out dialing me in

5. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

ok, lets remove tanks because they can kill me in 1 move/shot ...

also, it it was a rifleman with an AR he could do exactly the same, the only difference is that the rifle only shoots 1 bullet that you can avoid, the AR shoots 30 bullets that you have to avoid ...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

When will you stop talking about the AR? We're rebalancing all the weapons, that means the AR won't be a long range laser anymore.

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

How come that I always see you as scout then? :p

8. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

afaik i still play most as an engy, i go scout when i'm bored or the comm asks :cute:

anyway, i don't feel bad when i get headshotted. they own at long range, riflemen own them at short range, what's the problem? isn't empires supposed to be rock paper scissors-ish?

then why not rebazllance the rifle? double the load time, make it do 30 damage if it's not a HS, that sort of thing.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  9. communism

communism poof

No, thats rock paper scissors

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lets put a scope on the pistol

11. Jäger

Jäger Member

it has about the same accuracy as a scout rifle so why not ^^

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i think this has gone on far enough, people are insulting one another, and making others feel bad for just a game!!
    please be nicer to each other, and consider finding a solution together!

the only beneficial thing that could possibly be added to this thread is a poll that anonymously counts players FOR total removal of sniper rifle and AGAINST total removal

13. LordDz

Let's start making accounts!

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

not like that... oh brother

you make me feel sad inside, i hope you believe it was worth it...

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

im disappointed by yer posts, no logic in them.
    First of all killing from a far with AR is either pure luck or the riflemen is skilled and know what to do to be most effective
    Secondly, you are able to snipe from far without being spotted and if will be discovered, you can just run to another location and continue sniping, and its unlikely for you to be killed by enemy from that distance if they dont have another scout
    Ar's are med range that means they are effective up to 300-450 meters, also why would ars be ineffective at close range:rolleyes:
    Side note, look at Tavor , you can get nearly 100% accuracy up to 450 when standing but shooting single shots, does that makes it a good long range? no.
    Scout rifle bad at long distances?:eek: , i think you have no idea whats a med or long range. And its shaking so its not a fucking lazer weapon, look at Obsidian conflict, you dont even need to use the goddamn scope.
    Scout rifle is, riflemen SHOULD be EFFECTIVE against inf at mid range, that meanshe shouldnt get owned by smgs ( which are more unbalanced than ar
    imo)
    No its not, it has a iron sights that makes it harder to see your surroundings and it has way smaller "zoom"
    Dude seriously, your either playing with hackers or you dont fucking know how to take cover and shit. And btw aimming someones head is stupid with small head hit boxes and only 2 modyfier.
    Normal weapons cant kill you in one shot, aside 3x std gaycombo, and they are HE arty and the nuke which both take ages to research and get tanks able of handling them. And it takes alot of money both researching and making tanks.

Also scunt rifle shots 1 shot you have no wai on earth of avoiding, and ars bullets unlike scouts dont travel in a line, so on long distances DAGA DAGA DAGA shooting wont do anything.

Not that kind R-P-S
    This is the one
    riflemen > inf
    Engy > buildings
    Gren> (well not always but you get the idea) tanks
    Scout- something yet to done, most likely a support ,fast soldier or sth like that

They are kinda fluid but that makes it fun to play not a Knigh>archer > foots man thingy that someone said before
    Also, it would do anything, its not the scout itself that makes him campand be useless to the team (and teamwork is the thing that matters in this game)
    Having a weapon that you can shoot far away without being spotted ,makes people camp, doestn matter if 1 shot kill or not.

And one thing more cut the ar/pistol shit please, its not the thread ,and solo said a thing about it.

16. LordDz

Hope you understand that I was ironic ;) ;)

17. LordDz

Or you could have the scout as anti infantry and anti structure?

There's not just ONE type of Grunt in WarcraftIII, there's Taurens, Raiders, Shamans...

18. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

its allright LordDz, you gave me a good laugh to start the day out with it.:p

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i would like to see the scout as the "preferred squad leader" with tons of squad skills and beneficial stuff for squads that include stuff to LEAD your squad, not just give it some handy benefits alone

like... the ability to give targets to his squad alone with the binoculars, the shotty for self defense but no offense, maybe even being a mobile spawn point for his squad for a minute as skill and all sorts of gadgets and skills like that to benefit the team,

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  20. FocusedWolf

FocusedWolf Member

The scout is not some invisible base-bitch with nothing better to do then spawn camp and sab the other teams radar or vf. That's the reason your inneffective at close range and while standing/running/not leaning against a surface. You, as a scout, are a long range rifleman. You are MOST effective when your NOT moving around. You have an option of a smg which totally makes your argument worthless seeing as how the smg1/smg2 is equilivant or better to any pos 4-6 shell shotgun. So when the situation says your not in a map with 400 - 2000 yd viewing distance.. their are already weapons to suit the situation.

And for closer distances a rifleman (yes a rifleman is just as useless/useful as a scout)... is their for even more power at closer ranges.

Shotguns are obselete in so many ways... their used to blow open doors... and their OK for hunting (when your forced to use them over a rifle)... but a rifle is more accurate and has lighter weight ammo (so you can carry more)... and is more deadly then a shotgun at any distance (see: full auto for cqb)

The sniper rifle is important... look at the mobile infantry... they have full auto sniper rifles!... That IS a way to make it more useful... give it a drum magazine and it can be a scoped rifleman...

don't take it away and nerf long range fighting because a shotgun IS USELESS... look in video games a shotgun was never effective past 10 ft... gee that's way better then a sniper rifle in maps measured in kilometers.

Hey i know... lets give engineers shotguns like they did in the Insurgency mod... they are useless their to (where it took 4 shots to kill someone at 10 ft). It makes sense because engineers aren't meant to fight real battles (like we have going on now).

If you want to do anything then do this:

1. make it optional, not a requirement to use shotguns.

2. make it also optional to allow a scout to take any rifleman weapon

3. make it also optional to allow a rifleman to take a sniper rifle or shotgun

4. make it optional for the scout to have a calculator

5. make it optional for a the rifleman to have a calculator

6. make it optional for the scout to parachute into any area on the map

7. make every players role exactly the same and allow everyone to have any weapon or equipment.

their implement some of those and knowone will say the scout is useless or overpowered... but take away my sniper rifle and i will loose interest in a mod that i only partially like as-is.