Remove the opt in for commander vote

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lazybum, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I actually really enjoy commanding in a pug or a scrim, you feel way more like a commander than in pub games, in pubgames you just feel like the dickhead thats placing buildings.
    In real games you lead your team, you can macro manage them and I even micro manage people. You have a clear overview, you see when an enemy squad is trying to flank you and you warn your team, you see incoming tanks and you can redirect resources to fight them off. Like playing a real RTS but here you cant just mouseclick units to a certain location, you need to communicate with the team and motivate them to listen to you.

The frustration that arises from commanding pubs, for me, is that when you as an experienced player see the tactic you can take to win the game ( apc rush, stealth hit, what ever ) but the team doesn't follow it/doesnt understand it/doesnt do shit about it. The lack of organisation and the lack of order is so upsetting after you have commanded pugs/scrims.

Anyone with a bit of commanding experience that gets too command a pug/scrim will never be able to go back to happily commanding stupid pubs.

Xyaminou likes this.
  2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I dunno, it's a little more relaxing to command pub games because you don't constantly have rushes or ninjas or fronts changing every 2 minutes. On the other hand in a pug setting you actually have people on the team who listen to you when you ask for a spawn kill, or even something real simple like getting refs is a good idea. It's a real tough call, they both have their upsides.

3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

People don't listen to you in pub games, not ever. There are still plenty of ninja except you will receive no support from your team. I don't see how any of this can be relaxing.

4. Paradox

So what you're saying is the upside to commanding pubs is that its boring ( u used relaxing ) ? What?
    No offence to you personally lazybum, but if you or anyone else find commanding in pubs relaxing then you aren't putting in your 100 percent to win the game, which isnt needed but as a person that is very competitive I Wouldnt want you as a comm.
    If your team doesnt listen or you are having a relaxing time you can do a ton of things to win the game for yourself.

- build buildings yourself, including backup rax, repairpads refs etc
    - place turrets and build them yourself
    - go frontline distract with your cv, also known as boomtanking. But just sit there, let them fire shells at you. Not the real kind of boomtanking
    - drop walls and armories everywhere on the frontlines

if you do these things consistently, pubs arent relaxing at all. BUT you'lll win atleast 10 percent more games, maybe even 20 percent.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

But I do do those things in a pub setting Mr. Dox. The difference is in a pug setting people are actually somewhat competent so it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to get sticky stunned or shot out of cv. In a pug I know I'll lose the cv in if I try anything risky. Or in other words I can have fun being hobbes in a pub setting but can't do it in a pug setting, so that's what I mean by relaxing, I can play the way I want to play.

6. Paradox

Ow ok, then I appologise