Remove the opt in for commander vote

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lazybum, Dec 10, 2014.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oh you could opt out? meh im not sure this would change much then (except for the noob to get all the votes and ultimatively all the blame because he didnt get what he opts out of)

i thought its a forced vote in so i can vote for all those big mouthed super pro players who never command but constantly bitch. at best it would only let them play as comm until they played a full, not griefed, round. and ofc after that they should get 2 rounds off i dont want to be inhuman.

to bad thats pretty impossible to implement (except through peer pressure - but yeah ...)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I still wish game hours to be displayed next to the people opting in.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

yes please

4. 101010

101010 Member

You mean like
    player.times_commanded
    and
    player.time_played
    or even
    player.avg_xp
    https://steamdb.info/app/17740/stats/
    hmm if only we had a GUI that we could hook game info and display it in a custom made com vote window..Oh wait that shit is coming soon.. :o

5. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

No, we had that already and it led to random noobs getting voted into the CV. No need to bump this.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

That's the point mcgyver.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I think I prefer a noob placing repair pads in the main over no commander at all.

8. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Hey, Jephir isn't a noob!

9. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

[​IMG]

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Candles got up with his sarcasm foot today :|

11. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

That's no surprise when you look at the suggestions forum.

12. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Leave as is - remove the OPT IN, OPT OUT buttons. Leave the vote. Make OPT IN a special key that requires adding manually to config. That should remove the first time users from ever opting in, but will not keep them out of the vehicle on newb vs newb match's. It only means newbs need to run for the vehicle on start of the game when no vet opts in.

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Okay, you made me remember that fucking round.
    Burn well deserved.

14. Lazybum

WE NEED MORE COMMANDERS.

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Seriously? A hidden keyboarding?
    Why don't we just password the servers and all 5 of us can play in peace

16. Lazybum

Oh please don't look into JGF's comment, I meant the rest of the thread.

17. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Are you not aware of the current trend?
    Vets stay in spec waiting to see which commander will win. Vet commanders, that do not want to command, stay in spec waiting for someone else to take the reins since they don't want to command. Vet commanders have a 50% chance of being picked since nubs will vote randomly, many times voting in their nub buddy.

Many times leave 5-10 nubs on each team. One nub opts in because "No one else would, and even though I have no clue what I'm doing, it's got to be better than not having a com", or they do it and they get voted in because the vet commander is unknown to them and their nub buddies. And that is when the vets stack against the nub commander and end the match quickly. Or you play with the nub commander, and spend 30 minutes being tortured as he watch's commander TV and no matter how much better your team is than the other team, you lose. You get pissed and fed up and leave.

The only way a nub can benefit a team is if someone sits on his shoulder and whispers in his ear. TURN THAT FEATURE ON! Enable vets to remotely advise a commander. Let the commander choose whether they want advise from a vet or not. Once they say YES - Everyone in spec and on their team gets a "HELP WANTED" request and you get a private chat channel with the commander. You teach him to become a good com, and even if he doesn't know the map - someone helps him. The only issue with a spec player helping a commander is they would be ghosting and would give that commander a serious advantage, so spec help is probably a bad idea. Although I do it a lot, but broadcast to both teams what I'm saying. I also don't give specifics, I give tips on gameplay not on what research they should do, or where buildings should go. This is not ideal since it pisses off players to hear someone talk continuously.

Otherwise the nub commander just ruins the game for everyone - time after time. All of the 12 year olds want to command. They never move the vehicle, drop a repair pad first, or a VF, or armory or turrets and NEVER do they drop a RADAR. At very least a vet team can use the VF for an early attempt to win, and when that happens it trains the nub to always drop a VF first.

18. Lazybum

I am completely guilty of this. Especially on maps like streets or slaughtered which are horribly boring to command.

19. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Or MONEY - most boring com map there is, but good noob trainer. Most noobs screw it up with wrong begin game choices though. I've heard from a few guys who com, and they do the same thing. I know I do it, since I feel compelled to com if no vet opts in, and especially compelled if a noob opts in. I'd rather just play though. On some challenging maps, I enjoy it, but once all the research is done I want to get into a heavy. I can usually convince someone to take com then though. The problem with nubs early game is they do everything too slow. No targets, shitty base layout, no turrets, they don't build anything, they watch from COM tv and wonder why they lost. Then on subsequent maps they say "I have commanding experience, let me com" only to screw up that match.

20. Lazybum

I don't hate money as much mostly became I get to have fun with building placements, it's more open to stuff then slaughtered or streets so redesigns are always an option.