Remove Comm's ability to give targets

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by flounder, Jun 3, 2008.

1. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

odd, was a reason given for it being removed or just something to retry at some point? Free wallhacks are handy, but sort of spoil a few surprises

2. Alceister

Alceister Member

Anything where you press A and drag DOES NOT INVOLVE SKILL. It's an annoying and repetitive process that you have to repeat every 30 seconds!

3. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

This is the most important suggestion on this forum. I bet my life on it.

Please, remove target spam!

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why is it still in the game?

5. Icefrenzy_TKER

Icefrenzy_TKER Member

Terrible

====================================
    THATS AN TERRIBLE IDEA Empires is good with targets coz it helps infantry who to kill.Withought the target system the game will be harder for commanders coz the cant give any targets anymore.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Just remove the aspect of attack orders that shows through walls.

7. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Using that logic, infantry should have aimbots because it helps to kill. Without aimbots the game will be harder for infantry because they can't aim anymore.

8. Icefrenzy_TKER

Icefrenzy_TKER Member

Targets are different at aimbots dude.Targets are used to give infantry specific things to kills.Aimbot is a cheat/hax that makes player get headshot everytime

9. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

yes targets are not aimbots. But in essence they are wall hax. You can see your enemy before he even rounds the corner and setup an ambush. It also prevents sneak attacks as noone can sneak behind because they have the big huge red diamond on their foreheads.

I personally am all for removing the targe spam but maybe leave in th ability to mark just 1 target.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

But it works both ways. If your commanders not good enough to keep up with targets the other team will have the advantage.

I for getting rid of mass targets but not targets. And I want squad leaders to be able to add his own targets to the commanders with out them canceling each other out.

11. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

I like targets. It gives battle a direction and since both sides can use it, it cancel its negative side effects out, unless your com is a fail.

12. Demented

Demented Member

However, it annihilates stealth tactics for anyone who isn't a scout who can spare 5 minutes to crawl through the battlefield prone while not doing anything for the team.

At least with cameras you can generally destroy the things and shut down the wallhacks.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Targets are a big reason gren's get kills. I'd say at least half of them are targeted. With out them prone rifleman just dominate everyone. Hell even with targets they dominate.

I remember a prone HMG hiding in some trees just racking up kills cause the commander didn't give targets.

14. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Grenadiers were, at one point, supposed to work with scouts.

Granted that system is way too clunky to work as it stands, but I think that removing comm targeting and replacing it with something scout-based would be good. Part of the reason why scouts are so pathetic is that the big thing they're logically supposed to do is already done far better by comms.