NF disadvantages

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dragoon, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I think its fine... And I also think that the BEAR2 is the best gun in the game, I rape entire squads with it; gimme a sticky nade and there goes that APC too...

A good light tanker can take out an average med tanker....

The NF heavies spam so many missles it is scary; they rape buildings in seconds...

2. Reef

Reef Member

Ok I admit being wrong at the assumption that NF is weaker. I am sorry. Please don't yell at me :-(

3. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Stop yelling at him.

The NF Heavy WILL have side turrets just as soon as I make some new LODs for the retextured model. When it gets them the massive amount of rockets it currently has will be reduced.

On the new heavy will be modular weapon models to show light, med and heavy cannons, missles and MGs.

I have Spoken.

4. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Honestly? Just build a backup barracks. On Money, you can afford it, and they're dirt cheap anyway.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

nah I agree with you still.. Its not a huge issue that messes up games but really.. You guys say that the iron sights on BE makes up for the NF barracks....... I can kill just as well with BE rifles as I can with NF rifles... But the barracks cant even fit it in all places BE can, they stand out like a sore thumb, its easy for tanks to shoot it from across the map and you say that its ok because you can hide on the roof of BE's barracks........... The top of the barracks the easiest place for a commander to spot an enemey LOL Also look at the armorys.. I have killed so many people in the nf armory because they only have one entrance.. I remember killing 4 people in it at one time with a mowtar shell... Its like shooting fish in a barrel :headshot:

haha and the LTs are great for the start of a match and can end a game if the other team sucks :p I personally think BE heavy tanks are alot better then the missle whores NF have.. But NF is going to get side ports for mgs! anti infantry mgs? good luck finding infantry on a side of a heavy tank.. actually good luck finding any infantry walking around on the frontline that late in the game...

I personally think krenzo just hates NF :)

edit: but you know what I can come up with counters for everything I've said except the barracks.. NF VF's are better.. NF armorys can be good because the only entrance isnt facing the enemeys and the LTs can help secure more refs early on.. IF the enemey afv's dont know how to hit fast targets :p

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Aside from the rather scary Brenodi-ish nature of his avatar, I find this hard to be true. So far, i've found the balance is not bad, but on certain maps certain teams will get caned rather regularly. Again, things will change when Aircraft come, but right now...it's 'good enough'...and btw, you don't even want to see how high NF rax was before ^^

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

You guys wont want it any shorter when it gets used to wall in blimbs. xD

8. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Ahem, side cannons that fire cannon shells, out of the sides, at things beside the tank, that get by cannon shells, on the side.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

nice :) I was thinking it was going to be manned machine guns but are these side cannons going to be like turrets that shoot them selfs or controled? sounds better then the blown speaker sound of missle spam lol

10. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

I hope they are auto controled if no one is in them as that would cut the available drivers by two thirds in order to have it fully gunned AND let the other team get four points in one kill... Also will they ALL share the same heat meter? Thinking of balancing this against the BE heavy makes me cringe.

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I still don't like that idea you know.

12. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

NF should have two nuke slots. (2x3 ML slots) Nukes should be cheaper then. Whatever DonMegel will do it won't nerf BE 2 x railguns. It also won't make idea of heavies that are only good with firing missiles (at buildings) less braindead. (every idiot can dodge these missiles, 2x guided salvo change it a bit but not that much)

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

BE heavies with railguns > NF heavies with UPG Mls. BE heavies with railguns take down buildings at at least equal rate to NF heavies, they're better in the right hands because they loop over walls, and most importantly the fact that they're more accurate and the NF buildings are epicly proportioned mean that it's impossible to miss. and BE heavys don't handle like pissed off rhyno on a skateboard like the NF heavy does.

14. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Join a server, play emp_money and look what happens at the moment
    be got rails.

15. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

With some lovely balancing (heat bar increases, no pushback for the side cannons, whatever), I feel the NF heavy will pack some surprises

16. Goose

Goose Member

How often does BE actually get Railguns to counter NF Nukes? Please do not attempt to balance the game accordingly when the situation will never take place. Best of all, do not balance the game for the sake of servers who like to run the game with their own settings.

17. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Goose: I'm talking about standard settings. BE always go for railguns (ultimate pwnage) and what NF can do? They can use uranium/plasma APCs and heavies with nukes (maybe some arty to do some heat). But usually NF tries to use nukes. (yes on real servers with normal settings)

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

NF take UPG ML in my experience. nukes are only good when you control more of the map than the enemy, because they mop up enemy infantry so easily

19. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Upgraded ML doesn't change anything. It only gives your tank less heat(than 2xML). It doesn't increase the fire power. And BTW it seems that you missed what I wrote: missiles are far worse than any cannon (except nukes).

20. gezor

gezor Member

NF barracks is really too big. thats a huge disadvantage on some maps. many people have already complained about this ingame.

and dont say things like "then u have to guard it better!", thats retarded.

i think the BE double-rail heavy is totally overpowered. even a noob can pwn with it. and dont tell me shit like "but NF heavy has more missle slots" - missles are useless vs a good tanker (except guided). another stupid argument is "but NF heavies can pwn buildings". its true, but what is it good for when u have to get trough a wall of 10 BE double-rail heavies first?

make BE heavies at least more expensive. or slower.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008