NF disadvantages

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dragoon, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Even on normal resource servers, with 30 - 40 players playing It's really not rare to be able to field 10 heavy tanks.... It's just the fact that you have to spend a LONG time researching the aborbant (when researching it will almost always be as a second armour) just seems unfair.

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

2 times more nf heavys than be ones is not so balanced as it seems because you have a limit amount of players

3. gezor

gezor Member

1 BE heavy controlled by a good tanker can easily pwn 2 NF heavies (except for they have upgraded guided mls), because double-rails are very accurate and have a insane fire-rate.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  4. Reef

Reef Member

NF armory is so easy to grief, just stand in the doors while few guys are inside and don't move.

Maby absorbant armour should have lower hp but more speed absorbing modifier, so it's even more usefull against cannons?

5. Vader6

Vader6 Member

Well, NF Mediums and Heavies do have an advantage over BE ones. They have the ability to line up next to fully built walls and shoot over.

6. gezor

gezor Member

oh yeah, we had such guys several times. but they get kicked/banned pretty fast :p

wow, damn with this tactic we can pwn them now. build walls everwhere and hide behind them :rolleyes:

7. Reef

Reef Member

Yea, go to their base, make a wall there and then You'll win. Great.

8. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

the league matches says otherwise :P.

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

LIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOMETANK DESTRoYS EVERYTHING

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

You didn't really organise your team in that match, lets be honest. while BSID attacked with squads in APCs, you kinda roamed around with LTs for the whole match until you were out teched. You did really good, but you were really far too spread out impo.

didn't you win slaughtered thanks to an LT too?!

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

LTs are only good in great numbers which only really happens on mitties

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

In the recent builds people gimped abs so much it makes me want to cry... Back in the day it was the best all around armor... Now its like freaking pussy armor, a single rocket from anything rapes of 2 plates. Sure its good against railguns but what moron BE heavy driver only relies on their dual cannons? If they got a brain they will also be firing off missles, so how do you counter that? Missles + Railguns, the two don't match in the types of armor they need...

I don't know why people love heavies... Hell; once the team is rolling around in their 1000++ res heavy tanks im still in my modest 600 res med tank, and I still manage to take out armies of heavies...

Though the way abs has been nerfed into oblivion pisses me off to much... Its one of the longest to ressearch armors, and now the most useless...

13. -shadow-

-shadow- Member

i play Empires since 2.0 and i always wonderd why the Brenodi heavy is so much stronger than the NF heavy.

absorbant should be the anti-railgun armor, right? but how much is damage from rails reduced? 10%? 5%? it seems pretty useless to me. even with 6 absorbant armor plates you go down very fast. and u cant dodge with this huge NF heavy!

Empires is really imbalanced in late game. when Brenodi have Heavies with double railgun they nearly always win. this really sucks when you are on NF.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Uhg, noobs. Absorbant reduced rail damage by 50%. 6 plates should go down in roughly 12 hits. About 5 seconds for dual rails.

15. -shadow-

-shadow- Member

yes, 4-6 seconds and u are dead, thats true.

then 50% damage reduction isnt enough! or fire rate of railgun must be reduced.

16. thaile

thaile Member

I been doing the dmg calc base on the scripts and abs armor still the best against cannon and second best against missile. 6 plates of Comp armor would go down in only ~9 hits, while costing a lot more.

Although I agree that BE hvy with rail gun is way unbalance against the NF Hvy. If you just look at the numbers the NF hvy with 5 ML seems to win out, but the inaccuracy and slow speed of the ML makes it unbalance, since the BE hvy can dodge most of the missiles.

17. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

That's why the new Heavy tank has the side cannons...

18. gezor

gezor Member

yes, absorbant armor really needs to be buffed. its usability vs railguns is a joke.

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I don't think there's any point in saying what the values if when playing it obviously isn't enough.

I don't think it's enough.

20. gezor

gezor Member

yes make a poll. lets see how many Brenodi lovers we have here, who want to keep their imba heavies.