NF disadvantages

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dragoon, Feb 6, 2008.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

This is impossible. "By all players"??!?! and look im pleased with the hight of
    the nf baracks atm. I dont cry if the devs make it smaller either, it just dont bothers me.
    I bet theres nothing what all players want.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I agree with you because there has been many threads about balance and no one can agree.. There is always some people who are hard headed(district ticket bleed) But I think anyone who has been a commander for NF can agree that the barracks suck.. I havent seen anyone disagree with that

Its funny even tho BE's weapons are stronger on paper every public game I play NF wins.. And BE usally only rapes with rail guns on upped res servers like mitties or when BE has almost every ref..

3. o_O

o_O Member

It seems like some actual statistical data is needed to see how much effect these things actually have. I think the light tank advantage plays a much bigger role then people give it credit for. One light tank can win or lose the game if it kills an APC or holds a key location in the early game.

Making stuff identical is not the only way to balance. The most fun way is to make both sides significantly different but still more or less equal (like starcraft) Keep the NF barracks tall and give them something else if BE is winning to much. If nothing else just give the NF barracks some more health.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

in early game you just have to run into a afv and unload all your missiles and
    shells til it dies. The afv or apc cant even make something against it.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Haha in 1.07 or something the AFV couldn't even aim at an lt that was standing in a 10 metre radius near him. Now that was bad.

6. Caelo

Caelo Member

first thing the BE comm did was get medium tanks.. even before getting armour and engines :P

7. gezor

gezor Member

ok, ok then by the majority of the players

really? u are the first one i hear saying this. i have heard so many complaints about the height of the NF barracks ingame, that i got the impression all players want a smaller barracks.

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

Nah, NF is using old equipment and stuff, so the lazors should be rust colored.

9. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Bet there is.

For the men as quoted in Blackadder II 'A good hard shag'

And for both men a women 'MONEY!!!!'

:D :D

10. gezor

gezor Member

the CVs are imbalanced

NF CV is much easier to flip than BE one and its easier to hit too.

11. -shadow-

-shadow- Member

cant u just nerf rails?
    BE double rail heavy is so fuckin strong. it ruins late game, because NF has nearly no chance.

12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

nice necro >_>

anyhow, be rails can be countered in a number of ways, but no one likes to use them. UGML, Nukes, abs armor.

tbh, rails are the weakest cannon in the game. they shoot faster than any other however. against abs armor, dual HE cannon does more damage really.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

after playing a few more games i gotta say that a minor nerf to rails would probably make the game more fun.

14. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I still think NF should be able to shoot dual nukes >_> ^_^

15. gezor

gezor Member

UMGL is useless. much too slow, enemy can easily dodge. upgraded guided ML is better, but most of the time BE heavies have thick reactive so that rockets arent effective.

and absorbant armor sucks. u take still alot dmg from rails and when the BE heavy has rockets too, youre fucked.

currently the super LT is more effective vs BE heavies, because the NF heavy is simply too big and slow to dodge double rails. u cant even turn fast enough to hide your damaged armor side.

but all this has already been said in this thread.

16. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

I've taken out BE heavies in LTs, It's not that hard, just make sure they can't hit you

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Stop playing servers using money multipliers, the game is balanced for low resources, where the great cost-efficiency of absorbant armour vs railguns allows the NF to field many more tanks than the BE can dual rail comp heavies.

18. arklansman

arklansman Member

UGML is upgraded guided ML. :|

19. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I gota say... ugml is the best weapon to use till they get reactive on. even then it still pwns.

20. Spooky

Spooky Member

Yup thats very true... but I find BE's are harder to turn.:D