NF disadvantages

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dragoon, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

I'm playing Empires now for some weeks.
    Usually I use Auto-Join, or otherwise mostly I play NF.

I find NF have some rather harsh disadvantages.

First most notable the NF Barracks. They are huge or you could call them landmarks.
    The BE Barracks are have a low profile, thus they can be completely protected by walls. NF Barracks are easy to identify and to bring down from distance.

The NF CMD Vehicle is much more bulky than his BE counterpart. An other easy target.

The BE APC allow to fight from seat#2 and in the same time be reloaded.
    BE APC is a grenadiers heaven! The NF APC should have too at least one gunpoint. Maybe even more. Would fit the NF Infantry doctrine.

Beside that I love the game. Of course the BE AR could have a better iron sight ;)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  2. Kamikazi Ice

Kamikazi Ice Member

Yea I always wondered why NF has such a huge barracks and CV. It doesn't make sense to me. You'd think if a CV was that big it'd have ALOT of armor (more than currently).

The Barracks I think should lose its second floor. It's not used for anything at all and therefor is only good for attracting missiles and nukes.

3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

yea ive been meening to bring this point up for quite some time. Its a very big unfair thing. :headshot: OH MIGHTY KRENZO PLZ HELP US!!!!!!!!! AND MAKE THIS FAIR FOR THE NF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

4. petemyster

petemyster Member

well, it would look ugly if you were basically fighting a mirror copy of everything (but i know that's not what your suggestion).

It adds variety and looks cool. Your forgetting the NF have better tanks (the LT allowing full plain armour and 1 canon and ML, meaning the NF have the advantage in tank warfare). That also reminds me, the LT is alot harder to hit, and if it goes right up to the BE AFV, the AFV can't aim low enough to hit it. Its stuff like that which balances it all.

Also NF is harder to grief cause it so huge, so theres an advantage for ya :D

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

NF has giant buildings and CV, BE has giant AFV and hard to use ironsights.

Both sides have advantages and disadvantages.

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I thought duke(or someone) was goin to remake the NF barracks before the 2.0 release.. BE's rockets are better too.. haha I can get infantry kills with it if they sit still :p..

But for some odd reason BE is alot easier to ninja.. I remember one time(fish was there) I ninjad this NF CV like 4 or 5 times in one match and all it did was go flying and smoke.. I guess you need to flip it on its back to finish the job

7. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

Regarding the NF Barracks,

That their height is so a disadvantage is: Because it's a "Spawn Point".
    That that makes for me the most important building in the entire game.
    Losing it, have a crippling effect like nothing else. :(
    You can recover from losing any other building with relative ease compared to a demolished barrack.

As a example, think of the map "Money"
    As BE I can easily get on NF tits by hitting their barracks from afar with rockets.
    While as NF you usually have to penetrate their driveways to do the same, just because the wall cover their barrack entirely.
    (Of course I not forgot long range ballistic weapons)

Maybe the solution is not to shrink the NF barrack,s but make BE barracks bigger. Giving BE the same vulnerability.

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I think there are so many imbalanced things that, in the end it works fine ^^

9. Androc

Androc Member

Their barracks is a little taller? Who cares? The iron sights on their rifles put those of the BE to SHAME, which more than makes up for it.

10. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

I love the huge NF commander.
    I can pin people very easy... but I get hit a lot too... but I like pinning people more.

11. Qwert

Qwert Member

Don't forget that the BE barracks allows ninjas to camp out on the roof relatively undetected.

12. REX

REX Member

there are a lot of differences to each side and NF does seem a bit bulky with buildings and vehicles. Most of them being a bigger target.

But NF is going to get sideports on the heavy. There have been some argueing over the results of this and what the effects will be on balance. But I think that will be so cool that it will make up for a lot of stuff.

13. Caelo

Caelo Member

yeah I saw that new NF rax model.. now it's only 3 times as high as the BE one (instead of 5 times or so :P)

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the NF LT.

this is easily one of the most powerful vehicles in the game. as cheap as two mediums or heavies, the most manouvarable and fast unit in the game (the only vehicle except the NF CV that can get over unbuilt walls)

the NF LT wins games. NF, for experienced clans, is better than BE really.

15. Reef

Reef Member

I feel that generally NF gets kicked on standard public games. Their tanks are hudge and they mainly shoot missiles that are easier to avoid. Their buildings are hudge.
    The best way to see that NF fails is to join midgame and choose autobalance. You almost always get to NF. Why is that? Because of ugly models? I don't think so.
    I am almost sure that if we would make statistics, NF would loose like 40% to 60%. I play for over 2 months and I personally find NF tanks harder to handle, easier targets, less firepower.
    I am not a WTJer, so I go auto or I check the names of players and join the weaker team (so I don't unbalance the game even more)... But if I play BE I usually win, and if I play NF I usually loose.

Factions are unbalanced.

16. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Light Tank > AFV
    NF Mid Tank < BE Mid Tank
    NF Heavy = BE Heavy
    Tank wise I think this is fine.

The NF barracks is huge though...
    Also about NF loosing more than the other team, I haven't seen that.

17. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

You can own everything in the early game with a lt, and in mid game i love
    to buy a light tank as engineer to drive around and build stuff + kill enemys
    that wont let me build :)

I think im really the only person in the whole universe that feels more
    comfortable with the be assault guns than the nf ones...

On KM NF wins most time

18. Kamber

Kamber Member

I think the nf comm is harder to ninja because it is taller than the be comm therefore it is farther from any mines that are dropped by it which reduces the damage it takes.

19. REX

REX Member

I dont have much of a feel as of who wins the most.

Now I havent been doing much math in about 7 months. But "NF would loose like 40%", if they loose 40% then they would have won 60% meaning that they are overpowered. 2 teams at perfect balance would be 50-50. But with chance and so on it is indeed likely to be in that 40-60 range.

Now anyway if they really suck that much I would say 60%+ would be a good indicator if we had data on atleast 500 battles.
    But that will only be pure gestimating

20. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Can we all please stop speculating about random shit for balance?? Well BE is going to get planes eventually and boats!!! ZOMG. Seriously, give your head a fucking shake a feature that has just been speculated about that we have heard almost nothing about from the devs about being implemented or released anytime soon. There is no reason to believe this will be in game anytime soon therefore using it as an argument for balance is stupid.

I perfer BE iron sights. I have no idea wtf everyone is talking about. I find them a lot easier to track with. Just go spec someone on BE with irons on and figure out where the crosshair is. Not to mention BEAR2 is just full of rape. But thats just my opinion.

NF LT pwns, enough said. Balance differences depend on map.

Moving on through the list of posts I found this gem.

""I feel that generally NF gets kicked on standard public games....
    .......I am almost sure that if we would make statistics, NF would loose like 40% to 60%. ......I But if I play BE I usually win, and if I play NF I usually loose.""

40%-60% of the time NF lose?? I don't even know where to start. I actually typed a paragraph then decided I didn't feel like getting banned. I've decided to include this nice picture of 50%(the mean and median of 40-60%) In hopes you can figure out the problem yourself.

[​IMG]