McD vs KFC scrim - Saturday 5th July 21:00 BST/4pm EDT/1pm PDT - McD signups here!

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Minato

Minato Member

Here's the thing - the server was fine before you hopped on. We dicked around on district for about 5 minutes and everything ran smoothly. Even the first iteration of mvalley was fine until McD started joining.

Do I have proof of this? No, I do not. Sorry. Take it or leave it, and feel free to call me names.

Another worthy mention is that I got disconnected from the server twice with a "Could not establish connection to Steam VAC servers" message.
    What the fuck is up with that? I won't accept a "your pc/connection is shit" because it's never happened before.

Drama aside, and nevermind the lag, I'll be the first to admit that I performed bad and got my shit wrecked at the A/B 3/4 area. I want to keep playing these organized games because I want to learn from the best. When's the next one?

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

git rekt fgts

[​IMG]

EDIT Oh wait, this game already happened. Continue being rekt.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Actually, you dont really need a botnet for ddos attack.

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

This is really coming down to the level of : OMG my clan is being attacked, I must defend, even though I have no idea what I am talking about.

The game ended in 10 minutes and you guys even abandoned the scrim. Plus Jephir's demo shows a lot.
    I honestly don't see what's there to argue.

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

You're lucky, I get those at least once a month. That's a steam issue with their servers, the server from croatia or whatever server croatians connect to was probably down.

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Can anyone tell me why the mvalley ramp takes so long to build? I understand it's to slow things down a bit, but it takes such a long ass time that people just go around it now...

7. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

There's a very simple reason why no one in that match would want to DDoS the server.

1) Because they're on FN's side and want to have a good organized game
    or
    2) Because they're on Trickster's team and want to make sure that FN's team has no excuse for their loss.

Literally, neither side has anything to gain from something like that. That's why I doubt that either side would've attacked the server. I could easily just as well flip the entire implication that someone was attacking the server to say that KFC did it so they'd have an excuse in case they lost. I'd would have an equal amount of reason and evidence for such an accusation, and it would be equally valid.

The problem that Trickster's team has is twofold. First, Trickster had to drop some people and told them they could play in a second round, which didn't happen. Second, the view by some KFC that McD had some sort of advantage because of the server issue. This wasn't the type of issue that anyone would be accustomed to, so the argument that McD was better accustomed to it is bullshit. Latency was normal, variance was within tolerance, no choke, no loss. It wasn't even rubberbanding, it was as if the server would "pause" for 50ms at a time. The people on our team were, as you can hear in the videos, bitching heavily about it too.

I also want to throw out there that if it really was that bad, we could've easily gone over to EPIC instead.

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Lets just do this again next week, its not like u faggs have anythikg better to do

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

A friendly rerminder that we had laggy pugs in the past but noone with the power ever has the fucking balls or brains to change the server.
    Seriously, next time just get a backup.

10. Minato

Minato Member

Really? All right, my bad. Didn't know it was a thing, first time ever.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I've said McD can scrim without me, but I have no idea who will step up to organise it. I'm not available now until somewhere between mid August and early September depending on my next rotation.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Lawliet?

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I am looking at the roster and I see 3 to 4 people who can do it.

But if nobody bothers or tries to organize stuff, I don't mind doing it.

14. Trickster

I can't argue with how the server was before we got there because obviously, we weren't there. But that first iteration of Mvalley was laggy from the moment we joined. The packet loss was showing up and it was laggy as fuck while speccing around. The entire reason we changed the map was to try and get rid of it.

15. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Ugh, I didn't want to post in this thread because it's full of lots of whiners and talking heads pretending that they know uncertain things, but the motive landscape is a relatively simple one.

Sure, except...

Then McD gets map/team and server. That's huge.

Let me make it clear that the plain and obvious existence of a motive does not condemn McD. Motive suggests, but it does not prove.

I feel like i need to make it doubly clear that this isn't some "winky winky" not-guilty, but an honest unprovable not-guilty.

I suggest that we include in the rules that both teams must agree that the chosen server is in a playable state or else the match does not occur. Forcing the burden of stability on the server-chooser is unacceptable. It's too easy to execute a low intensity DDOS attack on a server if you want to disrupt a match. The server-chooser could do it if they aren't prepared. The opponent could it if they want to play on their chosen server. Any third party could do it because they are pissed. There's no solution, only a means of minimizing issues.

16. BigTeef

The first stage of loss is denial.

That isn't healthy man, accept that you got outplayed and move on.

We offered to move to another server, but no we had to play on a laggy server, that the other team chose and was responsible for.

We then played on a laggy server and still won.
    We didn't need to use "special herbs and spices" or a "recipe" we won by efficiency and team-work.

Maybe that's too much for a cheater like you to understand and that is fine.
    Just know that you were beaten by a retarded cripple.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  17. Trickster

Server stability or not, it's expected that the team who decided on server have the admin level required to do basic tasks. Instead, we were stuck with the same password which a lot of people within the community were aware of, as well as a 25 minute vote time, not to mention lacking the very straight forward POTENTIAL solution of fixing the server - restarting it. It shouldn't be a case of "oh we can use that server Vicki very kindly leaves up and just sort it out there and then". Things should be sorted ahead of time. If the server had been restarted and the lag was still present, then obviously the solution requires more access than you could reasonable expect anyone to have besides the server owner, so that's ok, but we never got even close to that far because no-one had access.

The map vs server pick isn't exactly equal. We've all played every Empires map 100x over, and the actual pool for what's really "permitted" to be played within a scrim is very limited, especially at the 11-16 player-count range. Map/Server choice is a formality to keep everyone happy so that each side "gets" something. I gave FN the choice because I knew he'd pick server. In my opinion, I'd prefer to play a map appropriate to the playercount that isn't particularly imbalanced towards one side ingame, as well as avoid having to deal with a select group of whiney Americans on the other team who need to blame having more than 100 ping on the reason for coming up short against better players. Those points aren't references to this match in particular, but they are based off my experience in playing on shitty scrim maps and EU servers against other clans in the past. It's just not worth the hassle.

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

And what about the Americans and Canadians? What difference would it make? KFC isn't a completely American team, same as how McD isn't a completely Euro team so this logic makes no sense at all. Actually with our 13 player team we were pretty much half American, so choose a new argument. There's nothing huge about it, you're literally trying to make issues out of thin air. The server was having problems, there was only one solution and FN didn't want to use it.

Oh really? Your entire argument = discarded.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's funny how KFC are selectively ignoring the fact that the match ended in 10 minutes.
    When there's really no "KFC-specific" disadvantage.

Did you even check Jephir's demo?

20. BigTeef

The only point I see them making is.

[​IMG]