McD vs KFC scrim - Saturday 5th July 21:00 BST/4pm EDT/1pm PDT - McD signups here!

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Jun 29, 2014.

1. FN198

FN198 Member

It's an attack.

Server stutter disappears after a map change. If you join a server that has had the same map on for a week or so or even just a day you'll notice that it has a peculiar lag to it. If you change the map, however, it disappears entirely. That it was stuttering during spec time just a minute after the map changed was too fishy to pass up.

I don't know who is responsible for it, but it's a really shitty move. They fouled up a game that Trickster and I spent lots of work over the last week gathering up players for.

Finally, I'm not saying that it didn't affect both teams. It surely did, but not everyone has the same reaction to such severe lag. You can post that KXIC lost, or that EPIC won, but the reality is that it was less a game of empires than a game of who could deal with the server stutter better.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I wouldn't normally post chat logs and shit but I literally cannot believe the this conversation I'm having, so I'm going to share it.

Code:
    23:43 - =[KXIC]= FN198: it was an attack
    23:44 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: lol
    23:44 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: are you for real
    23:44 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: did you even have your netgraph open?
    23:44 - =[KXIC]= FN198: not on the players, but the server
    23:44 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: the graph looked identical from the moment we joined to the moment we left
    23:44 - =[KXIC]= FN198: pretty subtle
    23:44 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: are you legitimately saying you were losing that round because you think the server was getting DDoSed
    23:44 - =[KXIC]= FN198: and I do not have any clue who was doing it
    23:45 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: is that honestly what you're telling me FN
    23:45 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: FN
    23:45 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: if that server was getting DDoSed
    23:45 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: it wouldn't be up
    23:45 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: it would have crashed
    23:45 - =[KXIC]= FN198: you can modify the attack, you know that
    23:45 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: ...
    23:45 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: I cannot believe
    23:45 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: I'm hearing this
    23:45 - =[KXIC]= FN198: It's just really sad that this happens.
    23:45 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: the server wasn't DDoSed
    23:46 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: you guys got shitstomped in less than 10 minutes, you blamed it on lag and ragequit
    23:46 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: no-one was DDoSing the server before we joined
    23:46 - =[KXIC]= FN198: everyone is going to get shitstomped when the game is slideshow mode
    23:46 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: and the graph was showing exactly the same packet loss before we played as to after
    23:46 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: I don't know, I'd say about 50% of the server was shitstompign the other 50%
    23:47 - =[KXIC]= FN198: people on my team weren't able to do things in the lag
    23:47 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: but they were on ours?
    23:47 - =[KXIC]= FN198: what im saying
    23:47 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: so
    23:47 - =[KXIC]= FN198: is that you guys can play well in lag
    23:47 - =[KXIC]= FN198: and thats all this proves
    23:47 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: they modified the attack
    23:47 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: to only affect NF
    23:47 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: that's some pretty sweet DDoS
    23:47 - =[KXIC]= FN198: you can't do that when you don't have player ips
    23:48 - =[KXIC]= FN198: it changes the game
    23:48 - =[KXIC]= FN198: albeit equally for both sides
    23:48 - =[KXIC]= FN198: but its not something that everyone can deal with evenly
    23:48 - =[KXIC]= FN198: but it removes the ping advantage for sure
    23:48 - =[KXIC]= FN198: and levels the playing field, at a whole new low
    23:48 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: you can't be serious
    23:48 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: dude
    23:48 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: you lost
    23:48 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: lol
    23:49 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: lag was nothing to do with it
    23:49 - =[KXIC]= FN198: I have had so many shady episodes with you
    23:49 - =[KXIC]= FN198: and EPIC in general that it wouldn't really be an anomaly
    23:49 - ΦMcDΦ Trickster: lmao
    23:49 - =[KXIC]= FN198: I'm not the only one who thinks this
    23:50 - =[KXIC]= FN198: but it just seems so convenient
    23:50 - =[KXIC]= FN198: that things would play out this way

TL;DR apparently KXIC lost because I DDoSed the server. Also, apparently the server was totally fine until we loaded up Mvalley the second time, people totally weren't pointing out it was laggy as fuck and that was the whole reason we restarted it in the first place.

EDIT: So I didn't notice FN posted above, so it makes the log a bit redundant. Regardless, my point stands. I have no idea where you somehow have the opinion that lag magically disappears after a mapchange. It doesn't. It "can" fix it, but it's not a hard and fast rule. I say that as someone with 6 years of server hosting experience, vs your 0. Given it was FN's job to get a server ready to play, and he didn't get the server in a proper state, he's trying to blame it on a DDoS attack. You ragequit this, you cost everyone a good game, and you wasted people's time.

McD will be available to scrim when I'm not around, I'm hoping someone will step up to lead it and I'll help out where I can.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  3. FN198

FN198 Member

Trickster I'm not saying you did it, but it wasn't Viper.

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

If you played a 40 minutes round and you lost, you definitely have the rights to blame the lag.

10 minutes and quitting?
    I believe that's the shortest scrim ever, without any type of attack focused on CV. I thought you'd be at least a little ashamed of this.

To be fair, KFC had ping advantage and I didn't even play for McD.

5. 101010

101010 Member

From what I seen even viper's main server was having some issues today. Lag spikes and an increased amount of people dropping connection.

UK players are better with dealing with lag..... Americans are a little spoiled.
    My opinion is that it was a fair game......maybe next time FN should get a head start or increased resources.

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Or we switch the fucking servers if it doesn't work.
    Not force it because we are stubborn children.

I was perfectly fine playing with 99 to 125 ping on epic's server.
    But no, we had to go into a server that was far worse in comparison, and we didn't bother to move because reasons.

Also kicking people off your team because you want an exact number is just fucking shitty.
    You damn well knew you could field more than 13, but you didn't and you kicked people who wanted to play and were in your shitty group.

I have no idea why people bother to join your garbage clans.

7. Trickster

That's not what's implied at the end of that excerpt.

To be honest, I wouldn't even care that much if I didn't feel so bad for all the guys I got on who I promised a game for in the second round after they dropped from the first to make room. You took that from them and I'm really pissed off about that.

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Lol, DoSing a server? Are you for real?
    Whats next? Its Dies secret move in cooperation with pcwizdan to incriminate trick and struck a big blow to the clique?

fucking lel mate

9. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Shortest Scrim Ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye_a6BsJaCY

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

That's still kinda a CV rush. :D
    I am referring to the games that's won by solely map control.
    I can't come up with a shorter round than McD vs KFC.

11. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I dont understand why people are giving kfc so much shit for losing, I mean, wasnt it expected? Look at the players mcd field, its all really good players that can take anyone on kfc most of the time except for some exceptions. People on this forum always like to say the new formed clans have the advantage of not being rusty and active but it honestly, and im pretty sure everyone here knows it but just doesnt want to admit it, doesnt matter compared to the insane experts of the game ho might not pmay as much anymore but just arz amazing at the game; spike reznov youzy herbie securith nihia and others. Theres no way any team without enough t1 and t2 players can beat them even with amazing leadership. Its like everyone has a rod up their ass and wants kfc to disband so we can go to having no clan drama and no scrims. If thats what you want stop being a faggot and saying what people expect so they think u a lewl kid.

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Ladies and gentlemen.

The definition of back-pedaling.

14. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

It's funny because FN is trying so desperately to excuse the loss.

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

wow. I thought KFC members actually believed that KFC got a damn good roster.
    But you got a different(correct) opinion, that's really nice of you.

16. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

This is kind of a silly statement considering all the players you listed still play with some regularity except for nihia.

In fact, I don't think more than one or two people 'came out of retirement' for this.

17. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

U arent one of these fgt old forum guys who idoloze active players like some of the peopme here saying we have amazing roster of hat the fuck ever. Mostly people who aren at the level the above players are. Peoplejust wanna say shit so people like them. Eg: lawliet

18. Trickster

Had we played both rounds properly and KFC (or FN Rather) had been straight, we'd have come into this thread going "gg wp, look forward to the next one". Instead, FN ragequit as he was losing the first round, refused to play the second, and then claims the server was attacked and that's why they lost.

And as I said earlier, not playing that 2nd round was really out of order because I brought 18/19 people to that game, and dropped 6 of them for the first round, so they could play in the 2nd round. They set aside their night for that and FN being a sore loser lost them that opportunity. Even if KFC would have gotten rolled in the second round as well, it's not ok to just quit the scrim like that. Even clans like MEG who knew they stood absolutely no chance, never ever did that. They had the decency to play both the rounds they committed to. FN didn't. And that's why he and KFC are getting shit in this thread.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I wonder who's the bitch that didn't play. I am pretty sure he's feeling lucky.

20. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

This scrim made me sad. I really should have tried playing more often during the previous week, kept making all the wrong decisions. I don't know if it was related to lag either, but there was a couple of guys I couldn't even revive, that shit really gets me cause it kept getting me killed during the attempt.

Still, even though it was kinda bad, I do want another scrim of sorts. It really is a different experience to pub games.