McD vs KFC scrim - Saturday 5th July 21:00 BST/4pm EDT/1pm PDT - McD signups here!

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It means 18 or 19, I forget exactly. People that sat out (to my recollection):

Herbie, MrIncognito, Raider666, Metruption, Neeony and Frax.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I dont know the exact circumstances about the shit that went down but either way I wasnt pointing out the stuff you guys faced but the genal mentality and this thread was the drop for me. Previous emosl skrim pug what ecer people were hating too how we made it a kfc versus rest thing even though those were amazing games. Its obnoxious to see how people act when we try to bring some action and healthy competition. Btw im not hating on ma clan for not being great at the gamr cause goddamn we played really well together im just stating the obvious that zmpires is just a fucking hardgame

3. Deiform

Deiform Member

Dude what happened to your spelling and grammar, I can't understand anything you say.

4. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Is Paradox actually telling us to cut down on the drama? That's what I'm getting out of these posts.

5. Paradox

Im on my iphone on the camping site this spelling bullshit on iphone sucks so i dont boher correctibg it

6. Paradox

Im telling everyone to cut down thedrama that is going to exponentially fuck future drama.

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's just you haven't wasted enough life onto this game.
    I am doing everything under at least 250 ping because I wasted enough life.

To be fair, you were literally fighting against the best.

Performance is relative.

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

shouldnt you be doing camping stuff rather then lurking the intertubes?

9. Paradox

Its sormin and shitty weather, just waiting to leave to estival

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

VIPER is played on everyday and it runs fine. I watch the server ping and graph and it runs smooth. The PUG server played fine on the other scrims except for one time when I had sv_pure 2 enabled which was requested.

Why the server was so laggy during the scrim is suspicious to me. Unfortunately I was not around to see if we were getting attacked or not. VIPER getting DDOSED is not an uncommon event. But since I was not available I can't say for certain it was.

I will make sure if I am not around for the next PUG/Scrim someone has access to my software that will let us know the cause of lag if there should be any.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

aww that sucks :(

12. Deiform

Deiform Member

Paradox's camping trip has more interesting drama than the actual scrim.

13. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Vicki says this a lot, and the server doesn't often crash...so, Trickster, I'm kinda surprised that you are surprised that someone would say it was being DDoS'ed.

Not that I'm above thinking FN would bail if his team was losing, after that pug...

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

If we were playing and suddenly the server started lagging midgame, then sure, I'd agree. But the server was laggy from the moment we joined. I had identical packet loss from the moment I joined the server to the moment I left. On top of that, it's fairly likely that any issues with that would have been mirrored on VIPER main, given they're on the same box, yet I haven't heard anything about VIPER being laggy when people swapped straight from the scrim server to the pub server, while some of us were still dicking about on emp_tutorial on the scrim server (where it was still laggy).

We could have swapped servers, but instead he spat his dummy out and threw his toys out of the pram because he wasn't getting what he wanted (a win). That's the long and short of this.

15. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

You know, I could be really shitty and turn it around saying that FN didn't want to play and used the lag as an excuse hoping we would quit before playing.

I mean after-all his team wasn't lagging as hard as ours was.
    I certainly could play in those circumstances compared to Jephier's hell.

It's very suspicious how the server was "fine" until we joined and started playing.
    And how bad the lag was for us.

16. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I want some new drama, this one's already old.

17. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

someone did post in this thread the same thing was going on, on VIPER as with PUG server that is what leads me to believe it was an attack, but I was not here and could not check out things.

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

IIRc viper had the problem before. It was a set of pugs some time ago, it was lagy but bearable but i rememeber fucking teleporting if more than one person was near me.

19. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

VIPER is played on everyday and its been running fine, just when we first switched to 2013 we had some lag issues, I didn't realize I had to change some cvars in the server.cfg after I did which was months ago its has been running fine. Also I was told the PUG server was running fine until mvalley. But like I said I was not there so I can't say what went on for certain. But the generally speaking my servers have been running smoothly w/o server lag issues.

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I don't see how FN actually expects someone from MCD to DDoS the server. It can not only land you in prison, it's also shit that some random person wouldn't know how to get started on. I don't think there are any known players who were on MCD who have access to a botnet.

Leaving the match before it ended was not expected. We're giving FN shit for leaving not for losing. Read the thread moron. btw the rest of your post is nonsensical so I didn't bother quoting it or arguing it.