londons burning

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Labour scum. All of you.

But the difference is that the Irish at least (claimed to) have a cause. This doesn't seem to have a particular aim or motive. But ofc, the Irish are fucking masters at this.

2. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

So wait, a Belfast Breakfast is not a delicious snack food?

3. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

4. Trickster

Boris will sort all this. Don't fear folks.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol I am still cracking up that there is no reason behind these riots.

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Lol, it seems that people will always find a reason to throw random shit at policemen and riot, even if it's because of stuff that doesn't even affect them.

One might even say that native african immigrants miss the old tribe war days.
    (disregard that , im drunk and talking shit)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  7. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

8. OuNin

OuNin Member

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

He threw a sticky against a riflemen blob. Common fail.

Also I agree that it could be a great ad for heineken.

10. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

They are in England I think we have established they are pretty stupid.

1) Tooth brush... Whats that?
    2) Public health care
    3) CC Cameras EVERYWHERE
    4) WTF kind of government is that?
    5) Cricket is as much fun as watching paint dry
    6) They had colonies all over the place and they couldn't hold a single one.
    7) Riot... Why not?

11. Trickster

I sincerely hope you're trolling. Because my "someone is wrong on the internet" sense is tingling.

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah every country is stupid according to the internet. But yeah that whole not brushing teeth thing seems to be pretty true.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The police aren't even armed with pistols that shoot rubber bullets or air soft or whatever? What happens if in a city like London we have shit like this where rioters are picking up signs and traffic cones and shit and throwing them at the police, and the police are standing there with riot shields and maybe a nightstick, especially in a case where there are like 20:1 rioters:police. Sorry if I make any brit angry here but that is just idiotic and self defeating.

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

They sound about as prepared as Norway for serious crimes. Took them almost 2 hours to stop that guy's shooting spree, in America he would of been dead in 15 mins.

15. Trickster

I take issue with the insult directed at our public healthcare more than anything.

@Grant

Afaik they're considering the use of plastic bullets. The general issue is, as Chris said earlier, once you start doing that, it just antagonises them more. Honestly, we've had a hell of a lot of experience with riots because of Ireland and other problems, and any form of direct retaliation just tends to make it worse, and just provoke more riots elsewhere. The best thing they can do is just try to minimise the spread of the rioting and let them burn themselves out.

16. ViroMan

I would appreciate a rebuttal to each point you "sense" is wrong.

17. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

"Oh god, they're shooting rubber bullets at me because I just broke in to this store and took £1k and a TV, oh god no, I didn't do anything. We must fight back against this injustice!"

18. ViroMan

they should start using those foam dispensing canisters... the ones that instantly expand into a super sticky foam blob on impact thus immobilizing the retard you shot(and more if they bump into others). Quick link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticky_foam

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I think the reason these riots happen is because the rioters know the police aren't armed and can't do shit about it. If they knew they were gonna get shot with annoying pieces of plastics that sting when they hit you, they probably wouldn't even start a riot. Mind you riots don't start here but police are armed with lead bullets at all times, anyone would think twice before trashing a street or a store. Dubee is kind of right, everyone in the USA is armed, if someone tried to have a killing spree some random civilian would just shoot him, but I think that is a bit too liberal with the gun laws.

20. Trickster

Oh of course, it's totally retarded, but that won't stop them actually throwing other riots. Given that this supposedly started off over some guy getting shot by police, when he had a gun.

1) I don't really get the whole teeth thing related to Britain. Whilst it's true that we don't tend to shell out on cosmetic teeth related surgery as much as Americans, the whole wooden teeth thing came from the 1800s, so I can't help but think it's somewhat outdated.

2) Public healthcare is fantastic, and anyone who lives in a country with it would agree. If you want to pay for medical insurance then be my guest, but we get the same care for free, and it's state-run, rather than profit run, so it benefits us, rather than the companies.

3) Why would CCTV cameras be a problem unless what you're doing proves the need for them? Crime here is way lower in CCTV covered areas, and we have huge coverage, so I don't see the issue.

4) Our government isn't fantastic, but it's still infinitely better than the two-choice "right wing or REALLY RIGHT WING" American system. And it's still better than the previous government. No governmental system in the world is really that fantastic currently, but there's nothing that makes ours particularly worse than any other, and it's still considerably better than the outdated US system.

5) Cricket is the worst spot to ever be created, and every single person in Britain should be ashamed that we descend from the people who invented it. It is the most boring sport ever envisaged, and I apologise profusely for its existence.

6) To the best of my knowledge, we had the largest Empire in history, and held it for one of the longest times since the Romans, notwithstanding a brief blip from Mr Napoleon. But I don't see how colonies are really relevant in this day and age. It's another throwback like your teeth point. And given the way this point is worded, I can see you're clearly just trying to get some rise out of me, thinking I have some pathetic patriotic allegiance to something that was all said and done long before I was even born. The difference is, whether I agree with this or not at our end, that in school we're virtually taught to be ashamed of the past that happened before we were born, slavery and what not, whereas you guys are taught to be proud of it, when realistically, there's absolutely nothing for any of us to be proud or ashamed of (besides cricket), because we had nothing to do with it.

I feel like I've lost just by replying to these, but at least I can sleep easy knowing all is right on the internet.