londons burning

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

but why? Is this what they do for fun?

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Pretty much. Quite frankly, I don't know why they weren't just shot on sight.

3. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  4. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

Why are they rioting? It is not like they had an earhtquake, tsunami, and a nuclear meltdown of several reactors in their neighborhood.

I also noticed that they don't mention the ethnic group that is involved. If the shop owners had guns, there would be less rioting.

Back in the los angeles riots, blacks were targeting local shops; particularly korean shops. The koreans formed bands of armed civilians with AK's, AR's, knives and etc to protect their korean businesses.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol no politcal reason? They should shoot them on sight but I don't think they have guns. I know they were only giving libya body armor and non lethal stuff. Need to bust out some of those AUG's

6. Trickster

There's a decent majority of black people involved, but that's not to say there aren't whites and Asians involved too. And no. If shopkeepers had guns, then by whatever means, the rioters would have/acquire guns, and we'd have a civil war.

Honestly, as much as I'd love the Army to just make them shut the fuck up, I'm still really fucking glad this country has very very very few guns. Especially given that guns sparked this off.

But no, it doesn't seem like there's a particular political reason. Some guy getting shot by armed police caused a protest in one area which turned into a riot, then it just escalated. Most of them just seem to be using the opportunity to loot and riot. I can't help but think it's because they're really fucking bored.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol if America hasn't busted out in a civil war(well recently) then I doubt the peaceful country of England would. Guns keep shit like this from happening. Guarantee those shops would not be touched if the owner was out front with a shotgun lol

But yeah, the whole crime element sucks. But I love going to ranges and knowing that I can blow someones back out or shoot myself if I get a position where I would slowly die of hunger or something.

8. Trickster

If there were guns, then we'd have open warfare in London, I guaranfuckingtee you. A shopkeeper with a shotgun vs 20 people with handguns stands no chance.

9. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

if you were in the 20... would you risk your life though? even if you were to be able to shoot the shop keeper, odds are.. 1-2 of the 20 will get shot as well.

its like how terrorists could hijack a plane of 100 and crash it into a building. besides one plane's occupants fighting back... the rest were rather placid. 100 people did not try to take down 1-2 terrorists. perhaps the people didnt know they were all gonna crash into a building and die.. perhaps they figure they'd land somewhere and get rescued. but yeah, they all got owned because people didnt sacrifice their life to stop the baddies.

10. Trickster

Maybe you underestimate how stupid these people are.

11. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

perhaps. murdering someone for loot is rather irrational. well, i don't think of all of them are stupid. they are smart enough to start a riot, knowing that the police are exhausted from other riots. its like calling the police and making up a report that there is a guy in the neighborhood with a gun and he kidnapped a little girl... and then going to rob a bank that is on the other side of the town. you know there would be less police to stop you because they are busy finding the gunman who kidnapped the little girl.

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Oh ... we're talking about plundering a shop and not a "you gonna die anyway" kinda situation ...
    but if you think guns for everyone is the best, we got it, now go back hunting terrorists in your kindergarden, with all thoses intensive strip searches. :rolleyes:

FYI London's just burning once in a while 'cause they must miss the good ol' times :cute:

13. Trickster

Don't presume to have any idea why they're doing it, or the state of the police force in this country. It's nothing to do with the police being exhausted, nor have there been any diversions. Every police officer available was used, but it was just a plain and simple fact that there weren't enough, coupled with a lack of ways to deal with it. If they had guns, then they could be shot at. If they were attacking the police officers on even terms, the police could fight back. But as it stands, either there aren't enough police in an area to fight back without getting their ass handed to them, and realistically, going in and kicking the shit out of them would be shown everywhere on TV, on the internet, sparking more riots. The police are essentially hoping that with enough presence, the rioters will stop doing it.

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

America has lots of non lethal weapons for these kinda situations, you could borrow them.

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

We generally take a dim view of the police kicking the shit out of civilians. And we also generally rely on people not wanting to break the law rather than keeping the entire country under martial law with millions of policemen.

There isn't any realistic solution to this, it'll go down eventually and then hopefully someone will try to solve the social causes for riots like this.

I wish I could blame it on the conservatives but I don't think I can make up a reason why it's their fault.

Also guns aren't a solution, northern ireland had quite a few guns in it, it just resulted in the army and a lot of civilians shooting each other.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  16. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Still think belfasts the riot capital of the uk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_WG4Vbh9EY

Especially 2 mins 20, 4 min 30 and 5 mins 40s.

Makes the earlier youtube link on the riots make the london rioters look like fluffy kittens

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Well duh, civil unrest is the main export of northern ireland.

I assume it's because northern ireland is actually a portal connected to a bit of the israel/palestine border.

18. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Im pretty certain its actually the petrol bomb haha

19. RKB53

RKB53 Member

When the conservatives are in power in the uk there is always rioting.

Rioting has also apparently broke out in manchester

20. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

While that is true, and part of the reason I want to blame them for it, I don't think anyone really knows why this is happening at the moment other than the general 'british people are miserable'.