Infiltration Round 2: Empty goes full retard.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Well then what do you expect us to do? unless LorDz is in fact still playing and is a hidden player, waiting in the shadows to strike, there is nothing else to do. That or you decided to put that stupid ability to feint death in. I hope you did not.
    Just dont fucking target the nuke ikalx. Please.

Lets just all barricade ourselves in the control room with some rations.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Empty

Empty Member

no deadposting round isn't over yet ffs

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Im being haunted by the deaaaaaad. Someone stop the voices.
    I need to quit smoking this shit that complete gave me the other day. Stuff gets into your brain.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Ah well ikalx must think the rounds over, it pretty much is.

Ikalx unsheathed his now dull and rusted knife. It had got him this far, he could finish this. Every last traitor had to die.

complete saw the glint from the corner of the room as Ikalx approached zoom. "Lookout!" he cried, zoom dodged out of the way of the intended backstab and backed away from Ikalx.

"That's the last of them Ikalx. We're safe."
    "Bullshit and you know it."

complete looked for a weapon, and spied the fallen commonwealth rifle he crouched down to pick it up.
    "We don't have to do this, Ikalx. You can trust us."
    "That's crap complete, you've planned it all from the beginning. Getting it down to you and zoom so you can overpower me."
    "We don't want to hurt you." Zoom said shakily.

Ikalx turned his attention to complete, who had brought the rifle to bear on him.
    "I'm warning you Ikalx, drop the knife. Nobody here needs to get hurt."

Ikalx lunged, Mcgyver pulled the trigger. The clip was empty.
    "Oh fuck."
    He raised the rifle up, just in time to block Ikalx's knife blow, Ikalx's arm jarred against the rifle and he pulled back in pain.
    "Come on then. Fight me like a man."
    Ikalx dropped the knife to the ground and raised his fists. complete responded in kind.
    Ikalx dove into complete and dropped both of them to the floor, they grappled, complete managed to get Ikalx in a headlock but his opponent bit down on his arm and complete was forced to release, they continued to writhe on the floor until Ikalx had complete pinned beneath him. "What are you going to do now?" complete asked. Ikalx responded with a headbutt and complete was knocked unconscious instantly.

Ikalx got to his feet and brushed himself off. He turned towards Z100000M, and saw him holding a pistol he'd picked up off one of the other bodies dotting the room.
    "Now now, let's be reasona-" Ikalx was cut off by the pistol round ripping through his forehead. He dropped to the ground instantly.

Days later, there came an echoing hiss from the top of the silo, Z100000M and complete made their way up to see sparks flying from one of the blast doors. The sparks moved up along each side of the door, tiny beams of sunlight came through the gaps in the steel and fresh air flowed into the corridor.
    A voice, distorted and muffled came through the small cracks.
    "If anyone is in their, leave now! You have 60 seconds to clear the door!"
    complete and Z1000000M ran back down into the silo and waited. A thunderous crash rocked the silo, and smoke billowed down the corridor towards them. Through the mist they saw torch beams approach them.

Several men in combat gear entered the main silo.
    "Hands in the air!" one yelled. complete and Z100000M did as they were told.
    "Where are the others?" the leader demanded, as two men patted down complete and Z1000000M.
    "They're all dead. Bottom of the silo. There were traitors, we tried to save who we could but they got all but us."
    "You two, head to the surface, hands on your heads the whole time, the surface team will deal with you.
    Squad, sweep and clear this place, I want every crew member on the silo accounted for, stay alert, there could be more."

The men dispersed and the silo was cleared. No other survivors remained.

Base Crew Win

Ikalx was a Paranoid Rifleman he got one kill per night and his goal was to kill all other players.

From now on this role, as well as the saboteur and spy roles from earlier (kane and meg) will be known as Rogue Rifleman

There'll be a big debriefing mainly because of the amount of PMs. Ikalx could have won had he sent in a target, but for whatever reason he withheld, I think he was afk but I feel his allegiances changed, he got discovered early on and befriended about 4 people, in the end I don't think he could bring himself to win either way.

GG I guess. Sorry about the slow final days, I didn't realize the setup would draw out so long.

5. Empty

Empty Member

you can deadpost now.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

This is why I was reluctant to trust complete_ and Ikalx. I suspected Empty would change shit up on us.

Three independent factions? Now that's interesting.

Good show, Empty, good show.

7. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

You bandwagoning, mother fucking peices of shit. Honestly, I can see why complete is just giving up. Paradox, Grant, Trickster and I were VERY FUCKING CLEARLY WORKING TOGETHER AND NOT INFILTRATORS, but NOO. No, you have to go bandwagon the FUCKING MEDIC. Even when the 3 guys working with him were proven innocent. I don't care how dumb he was acting about it, all you have to do is read through the lynch votes to determine guilt or innocence seeing as nobody ever bothers to lie about it.

And then, even though it was made abundantly clear through Empty's way-too-obv clues that RIFLEMEN=BAD GUYS, we have a medic actually saving one throughout the round. Great fucking job there.

The fact that the base crew won is not because they deserved to, but because Ikalx didn't bother to win. That is just ridiculous.

VOTING A FUCKING MISSILE. Hooooly shit. Hygrom deserved to die just for that piece of retardation right there. Abstaining is a SERIOUSLY FUCKING RETARDED IDEA. Even if you kill off a base crew, you get very good information about the infiltrator and anti-infiltrator patterns emerging. ABSTAINING EARLY ON IS A BAD IDEA, IN CASE THAT WASN'T MADE ABUNDANTLY CLEAR.

Kane, next time somebody tries to talk to you in steamchat about infiltration, don't say 'No thanks' and then immediately kill them. While I didn't tell tales, it was pretty clear whodunnit :\

Let's just get on with the next round and forget about this nightmare.

8. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Even though I didn't play in this one, I had great laughs while reading trough it. Hilarious round.

9. Empty

Empty Member

stop the presses i goofed.
    fucking hardcore.

Ikalx is writing the true ending to the story. The one that the Brenodi national news didn't tell you...

10. ImSpartacus

Is it because Mcgyver rose from the dead?

11. Empty

Empty Member

No but I am retarded.

Mcgyvers brilliant medic play last round has put him in my mind permanently as a medic.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

My last target was Complete_ so that he couldn't medic zioom and save the team. I wasn't given 24 hours for the target, due to Empty's crash and burn.

----

The webmaster stood poised in the darkness, the sound of a clip locking into his pistol broke the silence. They would never see him again, nor would they believe they should. The deluded and confused exit to the Ikalx they had known would likely not have stood up to scrutiny, though that was to be expected. He scrubbed at his face in irritation, the skin peeling and blistered from the acid adhesion of the mask he had wore.

"Two got away." A voice whispered out of the gloom. He shrugged it off, he had his objective, and more, and now it was time to move on. The bomb rolled along behind him as he began to walk, carried by a mechanised trolley that he had requisitioned a long time ago. Brenodi technology had to be admired, he thought to himself, as he suppressed the urge to whistle.

He would be glad to be rid of this place. Though the game had been fun, it was time to head back to the real world, he had plans for Dudley, big plans. And perhaps his 'superiors' would be part of it. Perhaps not, he thought with a wicked smile.

One more step into darkness, he thought. One more step into the Abyss.

He began to whistle sofly.

13. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

Voting to abstain can also be a useful tool, the people who argue the most against attempting to blindly kill someone are suspicious. Looking at the vote counts for the first round, meg voted for trickster, kane for paradox. Ikalx did vote for dudley though. The act of a random lynch at that point in the game, going off of nothing but player actions, was dangerous. 10 base crew, 4 friendly abilities, and only 3 with the goal of killing everyone. While we couldn't have known that at the time, we were in a position of being more likely to cause harm to our survival then to work towards our own salvation.

The fact that nothing was learned from that first vote is also important. At least, nothing was learned immediately. The four people who lynched the base crew in the start were all base crew or our allies.

14. Empty

Empty Member

Ikalx wins..?

So I fucked up. This morning for reasons I don't fully know, I called the lynch vote 12 hours early. I'd just woken up and was pretty fucked because I hadn't slept for 2 days. I called the targets about an hour ago in error, again 12 hours early. Not giving ikalx enough time to make the winning target.

With 3 remaining.
    Ikalx
    Complete
    Zoom

Ikalx kills complete, then during the daily vote, it ties and Ikalx wins since he has a nightly kill. I apologize sincerely to everyone.

The true ending is as Ikalx posts, the last two think him dead, but Ikalx has survived with a nuclear warhead, to wreak havoc and purify Bren of it's traitors.

Again I fucked up big time, I'm sorry etc.

15. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

So... when do we get the run down of the clues?

Also, super amazing game, even though I was dead for all of it.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Took longer than expected but I call GG.

Also, you've made some drama, which is rather awesome.

17. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Was complete or zoom not an engie?

18. ImSpartacus

And just when I thought it was over...

19. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Even pointed it out ... but didn't want to make me suspicious ... "What's the meaning of this, I'll have none of your game" when complete_ saved Ikalx the first time ... so freaking obvious he played someone out of his mind ... :pathetic:

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'm surprised devourawr got so angry. I acted as a real rifleman at pretty much all times, except that I opted to kill, when I could have abstained during the night.

I was the tool wielded with precision by the base crew, to root out any and all bad elements, and that I did pretty quickly, hitting griffin on only the second(?) night of targets from the base crew. I'll admit I hit Candles instead of Kane near the end, solely because I wanted Kane to be around to do his kill and be blamed, otherwise i'd have three against me in the end.

Otherwise... it's not like I should have been that suspicious, since I played as a regular rifleman all the way through, with only the kill posts to betray me. Heck, who else actually rallied and stayed cohesive except our group? Devourawr, you can't say that you, Trickster and P&G were working together, since you were about as teamed as a flock of rabid dogs, and apart from your case, talked themselves into getting killed.

I do like the way pretty much all of my posts in this thread, helped me to look innocent. Especially the Paradox one, which was a nice side-effect of a real post :p