Infiltration Round 2: Empty goes full retard.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Empty

Empty Member

complete was our final engineer.

2. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Since you closed targets early then surely he could've healed himself and won for the survivors, or stalemated depending on how ikalx voted? Or am I missing something?

3. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I'm wondering what I did that had people thinking I was an infiltrator. The sheer improbability of a base crew surviving until the very end, or did I do anything suspicious?

4. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I'm Epic Kane, you most likely talked to KaneTW the ex-dev ... I never would have let the opportunity go to abuse someones trust to gain an advantage ... (see DDD last round:D), at that point I simply wanted to let the playerbase think that I'm the rifleman, which worked for 2 days ..., I knew that if there's a rifleman he would kill either Trickster, Paradox or Grant (given that he weren't one of that bandwaggoning group ofc), you were the only guy bandwaggoning hygrom with that group which was most likly not getting killed, thus I hit you ...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Well, it was pretty much decided when complete joined with ikalx and later spartacus really. Even though there was this slight clue with the use of weird and british like english, noone would take it seriously due to nothing else pointing to anybody.

6. Empty

Empty Member

British colloquialisms were a hint to meg griffin because they pointed towards stewie griffin.

It was literally the only thing I could think of that wasn't an immediate glowing neon sign pointing to meg, and I'ms till 90% sure it's why he got killed.

7. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

All of the killing role players were so bad ass this round. Especially meg_griffin.

9. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Did complete balls it up and heal ikalx?

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'll just say that I agree with grant, they had the courage to accept defeat and just go out with honor. Kudos to griffin and Kane, and once again GG Ikalx.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

i voted for zoom the last day, derp (also i voted trickster instead of grant or paradox first night llololol)

the game would've been over if i didnt collude with ikalx (and who is the engy supposed to save? the scout doesnt even give conclusive clues), nobody wanted to vote
    also you cant say ikalx won and still say me and zoom escaped. his job was to kill everyone, mine was to escape.

gg no re

e: also you cant vote yourself

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Wow, Kane called it ^^ Kudos!

Tbh, I wish I had been a normal rifleman, I was need deep in support trying to get out of my objectives and just side with the base crew, but Empty had other plans.

@wealthysoup, Empty called it early, erroneously, which kinda cheated me. What would have happened that last night is I would target complete_ (as he would probably save ziooom), then the last day there's only two of us, so I would auto win. However...since Empty went ahead with his post, which looked to have a fair amount of effort invested in it, I didn't really want to scribble all over that. So I wrote an alternative, or addition, instead.

13. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

At least they made it past the first night...

14. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

didnt realise that engie couldnt heal themselves :)

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

where the debrief at?

16. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Yes, my role was basecrew-Jesus. I respawn three nights after being killed for a short time.

I am disappointed that i got scouted and still wasn't invited into the elite club of trusted people, paranoia much?

Overall i disliked the round, if you don't even know which roles there are in the game, than there is very little you can do from just analyzing posts and clues. Ofc, the stupid mob is all enthused about the "crazy rifleman". THAT IS JUST CHEAP ENTERTAINMENT TO COVER UP THE FLAWS IN THE DESIGN, KIDS. ^^

17. ImSpartacus

It was a lot of paranoia. I wasn't sure how to interpret Empty's clues and I had no idea what classes I was dealing with.

And then I think it was complete_ (?) that said you (and other base crew) were an unnecessary risk. You would've served no purpose other than lynch vote control. And at that point in the game, there were too many other players alive to control the vote with four people. Once the populations were right to start influencing the lynch vote, you were dead, so Zoom got the job.

Yeah, Ikalx had it made. I directly scouted him, but I didn't see any reason to suspect him. How else could the base crew figure out that he wasn't on their side? Literally, scouting is the strongest weapon of the base crew and that didn't work.

The scout report made it look like Ikalx was just trying to figure out who was the "traitor." In fact, the explicit use of the word, "traitor" was the major reason that I eventually trusted him.

But considering that Empty wanted three independent rifleman, I can't think of a better way to do it than the way he did it.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  18. Empty

Empty Member

Actually I made it pretty clear something was wrong with ikalx basically anytime I mentioned him.

Working on debrief now derp de derp. It's gunna take ages because I have to go over PMs too.

19. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

You were paranoid and this:
    Didn't catch your attention?
    Or that he didn't like thank the engy but instead didn't want to have anything to do with him?
    Oh come on ... this wasn't Emptys fault at all ...

20. ImSpartacus

I didn't want to immediately approach Ikalx, but complete_ felt it was fine. After a few days of working together, Ikalx seemed like he was a normal rifleman. I choked up any other 'clues' as subpar writing. It's hard to tell what's laziness and what's intentional.

If you string together all your PMs into a coherent plot-line, you're a god.