Infiltration Round 2: Empty goes full retard.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Empty

Empty Member

I can't really turn it into a story but i've overviewed the PMs, who befriended who etc.

So here it is, debriefing

Debriefing
    Day One
    Not a clue.

I thought it was sort of clear. I locked down the silo to prevent the nuke being launched, not really important but w/e.

Not that cryptic but it's a hint towards Ikalx being a nutcase. This was meant to be a clue you guys figured out later upon befriending Ikalx.

More pointing towards one of the classes not being sane in the membrane.

Night One

Spartacus scouts mcgyver.
    Kane kills devourawr.
    Grantrithor scouts Paradox
    Meg shoots grantrithor
    Ikalx knifes grantrithor
    Paradox saves zoom.
    complete saves trickster

Ikalx contacted several people straight away by group PM, complete, candles

Spartacus gets the following info on Mcgyver

Nothing useful or interesting and it points towards Mcgyver being base crew.

Day Two

More "crazyyyyyyyyy" The knife is meant to show Ikalx is nuts. He's murdering people in a military faclity with a fucking knife. The fight between meg and Ikalx is representing the fact that they both targeted Grantrithor.

The gun is from a third faction, there are 3 factions in this match, it was hinting to the threeway fight.

Night Two

meg kills wealthysoup
    ikalx knifes viroman
    kane shoots ikalx
    complete_ saves ikalx
    Spartacus scouts Ikalx
    Paradox protects zoom.

Spartacus gets a LOT of info on ikalx:

The first section hints at ikalx being fucking BATSHIT INSANE. The second indicates the fight between kane, viroman and ikalx which ends with ikalx and viroman being shot and complete saving him. This results in spartacus getting info on complete being an engineer.

Complete spartacus and ikalx are united as the scout medic rifle team. Surely it spells doom for the infils.

Day Three

Clue towards meg griffin, relating to stewie griffin.

Kane is from the commonwealth etc, third faction hint HINT HINT

IKALX. IS. INSANE.

Night Three

Spartacus scouts zoom
    Paradox saves zoom
    Ikalx hits meg
    kane hits mcgyver
    meg is a boss and doesn't kill anyone, dunno why.
    complete saves ikalx

Spartacus gets the following info on zoom

He notices paradox is protecting zoom.
    Ikalx by this point is basically taking orders from spartacus and complete.

Day Four

Crazy.

IT'S A FUCKING SILENCER.

Paradox gets lynched he's a medic derpppp

Night Four

Spartacus scouts brutos
    Ikalx shoots predom
    Kane shoots spartacus
    complete saves ikalx

Spartacus gets no more scout hints as he's dead.

Day Five

You guys still hadn't really figured out there were 3 factions so I had to fUCKING HAMMER IT IN.

Night Five

Kane shoots ikalx
    Ikalx kills candles
    complete saves ikalx

Ikalx is purposefully putting off murdering kane at this point I believe, to thin the numbers and make his victory easier.

Day Six

No real clues here sorry. Everyone already knew everything they needed to really.

Night Six

Ikalx kills complete, complete saves zoom but it's too late.
    Ikalx wins because he can simply murder zoom.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Dz wins because he refused to enter the silo with the others.

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

nope gg no re i escaped

dont go all han shot first on me bitch

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

just because we didnt say there was a third faction doesnt mean we didnt know. it just wasn't useful enough to post about.

yes very obvious ikalx is insane, but you can't expect me to be suspicious of the guy who is basically following my orders. if we got kane sooner, we could've killed ikalx off easy. my focus was on finding that rogue rifleman.

i messed up on the night ikalx murdered candles because he was asking who i wanted to target, but i was too angry (from explaining) to check their activity out so i just told him to flip a coin. i was suspicious of candles, because he was under our radar for so long, but i probably would've settled on kane (annoying, didnt abstain on the first day). if i did that, we could've stood a chance of winning in the alternate universe (cause we won in the real one)

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Cmon guys, we can't always have a party at my house first night.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

oh and empty ended the day vote on kane early. even if i was colluding with zoom to off ikalx, we never would've gotten our stealth votes in

gg no re

7. Empty

Empty Member

Basically I fucked up and I'm sorry but what's done is done so it stands as it is.

8. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I voted before all these abstains came in so how should I've known about the actuall posibility to vote against a lynch? (OFC I knew, but I had my doubts that there was some hidden meaning voting for a nuke, like empty giving some players the task to put the nuke out of commision... :x) And yes I kinda trolled you there for a bit, knowing you were wrong about Brutos made it worth the while, and you were covering zoom and ikalx like a boss, hilarious, but I guess that was a one sided fun :3

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

you made me ragequit

Ikalx never died he just moved his head slightly to the right of Mcgyver's shot

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Fuck me, I was right. That was like the only clue I actually picked up on properly. I wasn't sure if it was right but I genuinely made that link.

11. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

Shit. I never thought of working the dudley lynch as an attempt to disable the missile. If you all remember, my original goal was to simply use it on the NF. Then it kind of just turned into an abstain vote.

12. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Well, I think it was a good round, even with the lack of clues. I realized fairly on that the knifeman was batshit; not knowing what classes there were meant I did get fairly close with the assumption of two of three independent killers but I just assumed that the knifeman was simply trigger (or shank) happy, which is fairly common for riflemen.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

There were advantages and disadvantages to not knowing the roles. I think what could be cool is if instead, Empty listed maybe 10-12 roles, but only used 4-5 of them. That way, people can try and match up the events to the roles, but at least it isn't a total shot in the dark. Multiple infiltrator teams can work, but I'm not so sure about this third faction thing, because it turns it into a bit of a free-for-all.

14. Empty

Empty Member

I won't be running 3 again, only reason they stood a chance was because nobody knew for a while.

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

wow para, you serious bro?

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Sorry about all of this... In the end I had to play my class, but I knew I was almost completely at your whim, and just had to act sane.

Despite my being a crazy ass mofo, though, I think what worked most in my favour was that I killed the only infil. Up until that point i'm sorta on that fence, but once i'm taking orders like a good little boy, and killing infils...why suspect me aside from the clues?

And the clues, thankfully, once or twice didn't get picked up on.

17. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Wow, when all those clues are shoved in front of your face at once, it does seem a little more likely. However, I still don't think the base crew could've done much better.

My marching orders say that my scouting reports will be accurate, but, "may not be the whole picture." Given that, it's almost impossible to derive anything solid from any of the scouting reports.

• Mcgyver has an unused BE pistol, but what if he's hiding a knife on his person? He could be the knifeman!
    • Ikalx aggregates evidence against each player, but isn't that what all of us are doing? Of course a rifleman would want to figure out who he should kill!
    • Complete saved Ikalx, but Ikalx didn't trust Complete. Why did Ikalx do that? Maybe Complete is a new kind of engy that isn't on my side?
    • Zoom's report was the only one that was obvious, since Empty explicitly mentioned that he had nothing suspicious. And by that time, I knew that scouting reports contained a lot more information than they were originally supposed to contain.

So in the end, the scouting reports were the whole picture and a player's role could be derived by a single scouting report. A stark contrast from what the scout is told in the beginning.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  18. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

yeah bro, you were all like kill devourawr and schtuff, nxt thing you know he's dead and I was sure OR you are rifleman OR you're nuts and basecrew so that was a certainty + I knew from day one grant trickster and dev what they were but they all died so I couldnt protect any of them, you were the only one I was sure that they werent anything bad so I protected you, dramatic music, WITH MY LIFE :DDD

19. Empty

Empty Member

Scout reports were going to contain information on:

What that person did that night.
    What other people did/tried to do to them.
    General clues about their class.

And all of your reports had that, you actually got pretty large volumes of information.

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Then why did you lie about scouts report revealing allegiance when I asked about it earlier?