Infiltration: Black Ops Field Training

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Sep 2, 2014.

1. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Why is the only time we really know who someone is when we shoot him dead?

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Very simple, I find it provokes thought :)

And sometimes annoys people.

Which are both win.

3. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

4 shots rang out......4 riflemen anyone? Or just another one of emptys coincidences :)

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Internet got fixed earlier today, didn't read the thread but vote Trickster or something we're in the day right.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The one time I don't instavote Paradox is the one time he finally gets voted off. Why am I not surprised.

At least now I can fucking play this game.

7. Empty

Empty Member

targets closed, gotta have breakfast then i'll write up story (10min)

8. Empty

Empty Member

Hexi was heading back to his bunk, late at night. He'd been out trying to gather some intel and keep an eye on those he thought suspicious but he'd turned up nothing.
    The bushes to his left rustled, and he saw the glint of metal. Not taking any chances, he immediately broke into a sprint.
    Immediately, heavy footfalls burst out from the bush as the assailant began the chase. Hexi turned his head to try and get a view of who was chasing him but couldn't make anything out in the gloom. He turned to look forward again and slammed into someone.

A sharp pain came from Hexi's gut and he looked down to see blood. The man chasing him caught up and slammed a knife into his neck.
    Hexi's vision faded quickly to black.
    "You could have done that better" said one, as he pushed Hexi's limp body off himself.
    "You could have dodged." said the other, as he tried to catch his breath.

Trickster decided against moving that night, he'd bide his time before making a move. He heard the sound of footsteps outside his room, he made his way to the door quietly as he heard the thump of boots leading closer and closer to his room. They stopped at his door.
    Trickster drew his sidearm and got ready.
    The door crashed down in one movement, the silhouette of a black figure stood in the doorway. Trickster aimed and fired off two shots, both connected but ricocheted off the mans armor. His assailant brought his rifle to bear and unloaded the entire clip and mowed down Trickster where he stood.

"... Shit."

Day starts, day will end 4 hours earlier than today tomorrow because I get home then and I need sleep, so get your votes in before 8am GMT+10.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

What do you know, the scout dies first, again :rolleyes:

I'm not going to vote.

10. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

lolnope

Anyway, rabid searches for clues gives me "A glint of metal" -> Metal Smith and "The bushes rustled" -> PredatoR.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  11. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

Drag0wn wakes up in a stack of BE crates, coughing, in a sub-basement

"Oh lord, why don't they fix the ventilation in here? I'm allergic to this mold and my only friend (picks up allergy medication) betrayed yawn me."

Looking at his watch, he notices the date has drastically changed

"Shit I have a job I should be doing... or should have done. Whatever the record keeping is rather shoddy around here, go figure. I better find out what's going on so I don't get moved to the front."

Go Figure:D

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

Trickster became the most obvious target after not voting Paradox on day one, not surprising at all.

13. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Protip: If you are the rifleman you don't have to kill someone every night!

Will check for hints later.

Famous last words. :D

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah I'm not that surprised. I kinda thought that after Paradox died and it was shown he was base crew, I might avoid dying because of that at least. Clearly not. Rifleman kills me nearly every game on the first or second night.

I wasn't going to post but Empty actually fucked up a bit. I'm wasn't the Scout as he highlighted in his post, I was an Engineer.

15. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Well, at least we didn't lose the scout.

Metal Smith would be way too easy, the other is believable I suppose but I'm 100% sure that exact phrase has been used in previous Infiltrations and I'm always getting accused for it.

16. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

The mention of heavy foot fall after the assailant ran after him and how he was out of breath after he caught up could mean he was an out of shape portly type of man. Though I don't know who that could be pointing to.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

Upon further consideration, the rifleman messed up. Trickster's motive went poof when Paradox proved to be base crew, there was nothing to follow up on.

18. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Fuck, didn't even realize this game had started, I assumed Paradox would come poking at me when we began. When Empty mentions someone ranting and raving about "jekotian fucking shits" at his work, you'll know who it is.

-there was a long post here but it didn't really add anything that we don't already know-

Just remember, scoot, don't admit who you are until you've scouted someone out. Build up a little team and subtly vote people to death, if you can find the rifleman then even better, stop him from killing useful people. Or you, which is important too. Because you'll have to carry this game.

Candles pointed out the clues, nothing much to add onto that except the two small electrical burns in Empty's neck. A vampire or a tazer, if Alucard was playing I would be voting him. Does anyone own a tazer/cattle prod/work on a farm/etc?

19. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

So..
    The infiltrators killed 1 guy and then we have a rambo rifleman that is shooting everything that moves?

Nice.

20. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Ah that explains it. I thought at first that it was a split vote and therefore the infils got 2 kills. Rogue rifleman makes more sense though