Infiltration: Black Ops Field Training

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Empty

Empty Member

you still win. just fluff bro

2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Yes, because the other riflemen killed off so many infiltrators after having evidence.

Not a single person would discuss anything. Yall scream 'you're a fucking idiot' and started doing whatever the fuck you wanted, killing each other off.

so, huge fuck you to the other 2 riflemen who had 5x as many charges as I that ended up doing jack shit, killing off 3x as many people as I did.

3. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Soup definitely can't criticize your use of the rifleman ability since we all know what he did with his charges.
    On the other hand you were a lot more useful to us, infiltrators, than you were to the base crew, that's why we left you alive for so long.

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

You won as much as the Italians won WWII.

Anyways, with the mind control thingy this game would have been extremely hard to win for us, even with all other things turning out better.

Empty, what were your clues towards the infils?

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I don't get this business of rifleman using all their charges. Looking back someone used a charge on:

complete
    trickster
    2 people tried to kill me on the same night
    and I assume someone targeted a infiltrator in this post http://forums.empiresmod.com/showpost.php?p=484731&postcount=120

That is only 5 charges. 4 if the infiltrator stabbing was just some flavor text/clue.

Rifleman didn't do too much, which makes some sense because when there is a lot of people the chance to hit a infiltrator is really low, unless you have some very good ideas of who it could be you are more liable to hurt base crew.

Also who were the 2 rifleman that killed me? I'm curious about that. Not like I didn't deserve it though, I really did look like an infiltrator with some of those posts i made and random clues from empty.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

McGyver died with two bullets left.

7. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

So.. Next time everyone just shows the pm Empty sent? We don't post anything in the thread and just keep it to pms.

Sounds like fun.

8. McGyver

It was Ikalx' retarded voting for you that made both riflemen suspicious, independently from each other. It's a good example for why you should not vote random people, especially if you are the scout.

Also, I can confirm there is some constant itching when you are the rifleman. You want to kill someone before the infils get you. It's hard to resist. :D

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

First round, I voted whoever. Second round, I had 8 reasons for voting Lazybum. Both times it was a way to throw away my vote. Compared to the number of people who didn't vote the first round (like 15 people), I think I did a damn sight better.

You're still going on about this scout shite, but the reality is I said in the post pretty much that I'd used up my ability, and you guys having charges yourself should have understood that. If Lazybum was an infiltrator that I had scouted I would have just said "LAZYBUM IS AN INFILTRATOR I HAVE SCOUTED", rather than "I THINK THIS IS A PRETTY SAFE MOVE THAT WON'T GET LAZYBUM KILLED".

You're still, still failing to understand.

See this post, that's great subtle misdirection. So...you're still basically following the same theme of thought that an infiltrator put down. Why, I don't know.

10. Lazybum

I don't understand, I mean sure predator was a infiltrator, but still seems like a basic question a base crew guy could ask. I do know that thought your thinking though, no one would say anything but once the infiltrators point it out everyone will follow along to the advantage of the infiltrators. To which even a base crew member can do that too if he strongly suspects something. Some players aren't playing the pm game, so they are left only with what is in the thread. Which just leaves them with these half truths and white lies. It is easy to rally the ignorant masses you know.

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

People asked why I voted you. I ask, why does it actually matter or mean anything? It's the first two rounds. The first round, actually. You have to vote someone usually, so why not you?

If everyone had actually been playing instead of goofing off, you would have realised what a daft question that was. After all EVERYONE should have been voting at that point.

Edit: So, I figure you might say something like, "well the infiltrators were probably the ones more likely to vote", and to that I would say...look back. Not one of the infils had their vote counted in the first round.

After the death of hexi, literally nothing had changed and no one could be bothered to anti lynch since it was clear 50% weren't even voting. So I spend half a day away from the forums, and when I come back somehow the fact that "oh look, someone's voted, actually following the rules" becomes "oh this guy's clearly an infil, because he didn't give reasons that no one else would give anyway!"

Kinda a double standard there. Are they expecting me to justify my votes simply because I'm Ikalx, or what? You, lazybum, of course were justified in voting me back, that's fine. But when do people ask for justifications for votes so early? And oh look, I guess it's not a coincidence that Spartacus, an infil, was the one doing that and calling what I was doing bs.

I really thought infiltration was more about not getting caught up in a herd mentality.

12. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Also can we perhaps get a rule for people who are afk? Say you have to vote at least every 2nd day or so or you're killed. Then the infiltrators also have to word some about why they vote someone instead of being silent the whole game.

13. Lazybum

Well I wouldn't say infils would be the first to vote, not unless there was a bandwagon on someone, a safe vote I suppose.

I understand what you mean, it's part of the reason I didn't think too much of that first vote, but first round not many wanted to vote simply because there really wasn't any decent clues to go off of. Voting for anyone would seem like you just kinda wanted to get an easy kill. Except if it is paradox for some reason, no one really cares if you vote him which is a bit sad.

I kinda like dz's suggestion. Part of the problem is the game lives off of mistrust, so there is rarely a reason for infils to do anything when base crew keeps doing the job for them. Though I suppose that is just a part of it and players really need to pay attention to what the afk people aren't doing.

14. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I think if you required everyone vote at least once for something, even if it's antilynch, at least once every other day cycle, it would be better.

As far as the clues that pointed to people. I've already pointed out the clue that pointed to me (shifting the armor, a subtle reference to an armor smith), Devorawr had a massive clue linking him to the Moba hero Devorer from HoN, most notably the fact that he was scared, heavy set, and was breathing heavily.

Some others pointed to the attack from the bushes to be a clue towards predator. and the clue for spartacus was the fact that a central figure was leading all of them, as spartacus was a military leader.

So, my interpretation of the leadership being a clue was correct, but misdirected. My interpretation of devorawr being linked to devorer was spot on. someone else got the idea of predator correct.

as far as metruption goes, I've no idea how to place a clue on him, unless it's the fact that several crew member's heads erupted from a bullet passing through.

but yeah, in my defense, I had one charge, and I thought might as well pick someone the first night, because my schedule was hectic the week before with tutoring and such. I didn't think I was going to have time to actually play the game.

and the mind control thing was a load of crap. I'd been talking to DDD before he was mind controlled. I already knew he was an engineer.

15. Empty

Empty Member

Quickly:
    Devourawrs clues were the knife ones, relating to crocodile dundee
    You're correct on your armor clue
    Predators only clue was the bush, surprised he survived it
    Spartacus didn't get any clues
    Metruptions clue was in fact that every crew he killed sprayed lots of blood.

16. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I fourth this.

I expected folks like iMacmatician to lie in wait and try to survive as long as possible.

Turns out (at least) he scouts a team of crew and starts pulling strings from behind the scenes like a fucking pro.

That's almost a bit OP. Now I don't want scouts to play like Ikalx, but I wouldn't mind if more of the game made it onto the forums.

It would also be cool if certain players could dead-drop messages to be posted publicly in Empty's messages. Once info becomes 100% public, people are more likely to keep their discussions public about that particular info.

17. McGyver

Man, am I good. :cool:

18. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

gud game. Shame we didn't win a couple days earlier when we could have, with a perfect score of 0 infils dead, but hey.

Apologies to candles for deception. Although I slipped up a couple times in conversations, and in the last night I accidentally, although incredibly subtly, admitted I was an infiltrator but I don't think he picked up on it.

19. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

You can't mention shit like this and not provide chat logs.

20. iMacmatician

iMacmatician Member

True, but even when I revealed Metruption's class he still nearly didn't get voted off.

And I'd also like to see the chat logs, Devourawr.