Infiltration: Black Ops Field Training

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Huh, I think this is the first time I've been in a game where you've actually pointed out the clues. Where I wasn't infil anyway.

facepalm

You know I wasn't really a scout, right? Being able to get info on one person does not a scout make. In most cases a scout doesn't find the infiltrator but can try again and again and build up a network to work off from. Otherwise it's one guy going "hey yo, I was the scout, and you're a *whatever*" and that guy looking at them suspiciously.

None of what I said in my posts was scout related. Because I scouted an engineer and there's practically no way he could be sure of me, and even if he did trust me, he never even replied. In fact, by the time people started replying it was almost hanging time.

I shouldn't even bother. You're just trolling me now. It's almost funny how the first game where we had a commander who was infil and had the power of 3 votes, still seems like a better game.

2. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I not Mr Dee, I don't save that shit from steamchat.
    The first time was about pretending to be the engineer that DDD was, and turning it around on McGuyver. I counted the numbers wrong, and Candles ended up finding out that DDD was an engineer anyway, which should have spoken volumes.
    The second was towards the end about being sure to vote for who I vote for in case "the infiltrators" try votesnipe, but I accidentally included myself as an infiltrator.

They were both much harder to pick up than I'm making it seem here, it wasn't glaringly obvious. Candles actually played very well this game and could have won it, but was too trusting when I used the word "rookie engineer"

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I know, a real scout is like iMacmatician. They stfu to survive, scout a team of friendlies and control the vote. Then it's gg.

You're giving Metal Smith a run for his money for worst player of the game.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I think you miss Ikalx's point, he can only scout 1 person which means he can't make all that big of team of friendlies. He can certainly try to stay in the game and using the power of those 2 swing votes, but there isn't much else.

It'd almost be like he didn't have scout powers and empty just gave a random pm saying this guy is base crew, have fun with that.

5. Empty

Empty Member

Better than nothing.

If you hit a base crew it's not great, but if you hit a special you have a pretty good case in your favor. The odds of someone guess a special role correctly are like 1 in 20 in a normal game (although in this game it'd be 3/20 which is still pretty low)

they aren't odds I'd bank on if I was infil, so I'd trust someone who guessed my role, to a degree.

6. ImSpartacus

That's a lot more than what a typical base crew gets.

I would've hunted DDD down. Fuck PMs, Ikalx can get ahold of people if he wants to. I know I can.

Strategize with him. Share PMs and other shit. Having a partner is an enormous benefit. In previous iterations, there was an explicit class that did nothing but have a partner to trust. It's a big deal.

7. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

I like the idea from another game I play of a dead-drop message system for the base crew. A base crew does not know the other base crew, but he can PM a message to the organizer, who relays this message via PM to the other base crew. Can only be used once per day, and cannot be used for recognition signals. Still, allows for vote coordination and a limited discussion of enemies.

Far better than the nothing they get otherwise.

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Ah forget it. There's no point wasting my breath on people who can't be bothered to think. It's a waste of my time and energy.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  9. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I want more drama and blood.

For fuck sakes, me and sitka used Ace attorney music against one another to confuse everyone.

10. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Not trying to kill BigTeef on day 1 due is a clue somebody is an infiltrator

Because any sensible base crew who played the last round would know it's for the best.

11. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

If not voting bigteef means more ace attorney shenanigans then I am an infiltrator. Seriously that was the best thing last round.

12. BigTeef

lol git gud

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Voting BigTeef on day 1 is literally just as retarded as voting Paradox on day 1. You should reconsider your life choices.

14. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Someone forgot that voting out weak links was still beneficial to team effort in previous threads.

How many of them were trashed by stupid crew play? A fair bit.

15. BigTeef

Still won though.

Can't change that no matter how much you kids deny it.

16. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Empty, what was up with that:

17. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

It looked like an obvious typo to me because "sad" isn't a verb.

18. Empty

Empty Member

typo
    6char

19. Empty

Empty Member

I still gotta admit sitkas play last time was amazing.
    So proud.

20. ImSpartacus

IS SITKA ALLOWED TO BE DEPRESSED?

Fucking Euros and their mental health stigmas.

Gettin real tired with your shit, McGyver.

[​IMG]