Grenadier balancing

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ^Dee^, Oct 27, 2007.

1. arklansman

arklansman Member

Agree :)

2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Indeed... The mortar has become the empires signature weapons... Why fight something that works well? Its not overpowered as if you close in, the gren will kill himself too; how many times I had that happen; someone runs right in front of me I click... Boom both dead and both "LOL".

The one thing that I see could improve gren is decreasing reload time for RPG; and increasing its ammo count...

The reason the mortar got so popular over RPG is that it has alot more ammo; so when you are in the heat of battle, you quickly grab 1 "tic" worth of ammo from a crate and run out...

3. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

And it does more damage.

And it "flies" faster.

And it makes your wang 10 inch bigger whenever you whip it out.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I dun havta disagree wit ya there, tho it grieves me. The gren should actually be what you've described. An anti-vehicular, anti-building class especially with those weapons. The mortar should not be anti-infantry primarily.

Secondly, snap shots involve switching to the weapon and leaping out. A delay suggested would only apply to the deploy time and not the reload time (at least logically, or the person should have added another sentence).

Finally, i'm in favour of switching mortar and rpg ammoz, although imo mortar damage would have to be increased to compensate (or grens would never be able to take out buildings considering how much ammo it takes). RPG speed and guidance increases are secondary, although I do like the unlimited guidance...for various reasons.

That's basically it. I think the main thing that annoys people is that there are so many rifleman now who can take out a gren with a pistol in person to person combat, whereas before without stickies, grens would contend with engies as the default class of empires. Many grens can fight on a level with engy's with a pistol at range, but not so a rifleman. Mowt0r kombat was their secret weepon.

5. Goose

Goose Member

I honestly have just given up helping to attempt to balance it. If people can't see how overpowered it is than thats fine by me.
    Oh wait GRENADIERS are not overpowered and I am leet... blah blah blah shit.

They shouldn't be able to fire immediately after jumping or turning a corner. I guess if I want any sort of realism I should find another mod.

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

Welcome to Empires. ;O

7. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Insurgency is over there --> <losers here>

8. Silk

Silk Mapper

Yes, i agree. But as it is now the mortar is good against infantry, buildings and tanks, while the rpg is ... well good if you want to see a trail of smoke going through the air. I like the mortar as it is, however i would like to see the rpg become more usefull, and only for that reason would i give the mortar a disadvantage like lowering the amount of ammo. imo the gren in general is balanced, so i think (slightly) improving the rpg should come with a (slightly) disadvantage for the mortar, to keep the gren class balanced.

9. Silk

Silk Mapper

I don't think you understood what i meant to say, which was: the rpg isn't that usefull, apart from having a smoke trail it doesn't do much.
    Since having a smoke trail doesn't mean anything this was just another way to say that the rgp doesn't really do anything.

Why would i ever complain about the smoke?

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

can I just ask: has the mortar reload really been changed with the new model? because I'm not sure it has. I mean it sometimes feels like it has but that might just be my imagination.