Falling Titans

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, Aug 20, 2013.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Dig up the image of you thread, I have green eyes not blue.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

There's only one definitely answer.

We're going to need a pube pic.

3. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

...here's a pic from when I was going through puberty?

[​IMG]

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Are you perpetually in a suit...

with

with a bowtie!

my man, you are 100% my imagination of you.

5. ImSpartacus

The second one is a tux, so he obviously has plenty of versatility.

6. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

If I could afford to wear a suit with a bowtie every day I certainly would, sadly I cannot.

However, I refuse to post pictures where I am not in one - simply because I want you guys to only be able to picture me as a classy (and/or vain) individual. Mwahahahaha

7. BigTeef

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Even moreso then.

10. BigTeef

Besides the constant derailment of my game threads and very little discussion.
    Two of the video I presented one being a tutorial to the game and the other being weapon discussion and one of the weapons basically having an aimbot attachment.

11. ImSpartacus

I thought the aimbot thing was cool.

It's a pistol that's obviously shitty in direct combat, but if you sneak behind a group, you can "lock on" and kill them all. I think that's cool and really innovative. It's a good way to do the "scout" archetype.

12. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

So classes are 'Assault', 'Tactical', and 'CQB' (Close Quarter Combat)? This means your choice is generic shooty class, generic shooty class (but tactical this time!), and class that happens to have a shotgun.

In all seriousness, though, the tactical class smart pistol? Building an aimbot weapon with a lock-on time into your game is actually sort of interesting. The class difference seems pretty minimal though. The only thing I got out of that was each class had an anti-titan weapon, which the dude said is best against titans. I'm sorry, but when was a rapid fire rocket launcher, a grenade launcher that shoots magnetic grenades, and a rocket launcher that locked on to targets not useful against infantry? Well, I suppose the magnetic grenade launcher could accidentally stick to some metal container instead of your target? And if the designers of the lock-on rocket launcher didn't think to make it so that you could A) fire without a lock or B) lock on to things other than titans - like say for instance any reasonably detectable heat signature?

Also, the potential science behind a grenade launcher that launches magnetic grenade interests me. How expensive would each of those grenades have to be? I imagine they wouldn't be cheap. As a side note, the name they gave the weapon, MGL, is already taken by Multiple Grenade Launchers.

EDIT: It's hard to stay 'on topic' in a thread about a game that I am not really excited about. I'm only halfway interested because it is made using Source - apparently because Source has the ability to maintain 60fps on both 360 and ps3.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  13. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

It's primarily a console shooter, of course it has something aimbot like built in, you can't hit anything with a joypad otherwise.

14. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

You misunderstand. All console shooters of course have an aim assistance of sorts for all rifles, pistols etc. but this one is (from what I understand) guaranteed hits as long as you have line-of-sight and a lock.

Well, I said all console shooters and then I remembered goldeneye 64.

15. BigTeef

I believe those are pre-determined load-outs for testing purposes and you can change them and name how ever you want in the final product.

From my understanding, they are not hiding anything about this game.
    They didn't care about the leaked footage, maybe because it showcased everyone playing it enjoying it immensely but perhaps this could be on of their most legitimate games in a long time.

They need to have more though in terms of titans and what bugged me about the aimbot attachment was that it's essentially making the game easy for you.
    Whats the point of designing weapons if they just have a shoot to win switch?

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Risk vs reward etc., ask Spartacus to explain it

17. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Spartacus-sensei! Your people need you!

18. ImSpartacus

It's funny. I've found autoaim to actually hinder me in certain cases. If an enemy is walking in front of a pile of explosive barrels, it should be easy to shoot the barrels and winrar, right? Not if your reticle gets yanked over to the nearby enemy instead of the barrels.

The lock-on timer makes it "fair".

In the video, it looked like it took around a second to lock-on. If you're within pistol range and your target is aware of your presence, they should be able to kill you before your aimbot locks on. One second is a long time.

But if they aren't aware of you, you have time to charge the aimbot and therefore winrar.

So the bottom line is that if a "scout" sneaks up on you, you die. I think that's how a "scout" class should work; stealth.

19. BigTeef

But does this lock on timer actually exist?
    Making educated guess from the video is one thing but does that split second exist?

What if you adapt this attachment to a long range weapon where you can just stay concealed and just zoom letting the gun do all the work?

20. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I really need to point out that auto lock pistols aren't new, Dystopia has them. From what I gather though is that you just need to keep the enemy in front of you for a few seconds, compared to the smart pistols in dystopia where it's alt function fires a dart for each pistol, meaning that the smart pistol can only target 1 person between each reload. I guess that is why no one really complained about them, well maybe except for latest patch. Latest patch made it so if you got both darts on a person they were guaranteed to die at close to mid range.(I don't remember the effective range for them but I think it was pretty far.)

Anyways it replaces a main weapon, and I don't think it will do well at all at a decent range. The real question is is it more effective than a shotgun, and if it is they done goofed.
    Edit: what do you mean by attachment? I thought it was a specific weapon, your primary one at that.