Anti tank rifle.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vessboy, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

The Red Orchestra style AT rifle is a good idea for a scout rifle replacement. Give them something to take everything out in one shot (well, vehicles in more then one), but take the zoom away, and give it seperate shot reloading.

2. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Actually its a 170mm German artillery peice, but you know if you tilt it down and fire at a tank, I bet the tank will blow up.

3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Wouldn't that be slight... Overkill? :p

if the German flak 88's made more then formidable anti tank platforms, then isn't it impractical using a caliber thats nearly twice as high?

But then again, this is the "Future" with better materials; but then again the weapons are alot more effecitve O.o;;

Any case wicked sick gun, sure to kill anything :p

Wait, that looks like the NF tore off an arty gun, and stuck it on a push platform O.o;;

4. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

Don't we already have anti-tank rifles? I mean... Isn't that what the Rocket Launcher is usefull (all it's usefull) for?

5. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Yeah well... wouldnt an Anti Material Rifle be better placed on the dedicated anti vehicle class... just saying

because there is no real point to give an anti tank weapon to an dedicated anti infantry class?

Modern Big Anti Material Rifles
    http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn56-e.htm
    http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn55-e.htm

Something Id like to see for Grenadeirs would be a form of Multiple Grenade Launchers, with the possibility of changing between 2 diffrent types of grenades, incendiary, shaped charge, frag, smoke, flechette etc... you could essentially choose among a avriety of grenade types but could only carry 2 grenade types with you...

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl16-e.htm
    http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl29-e.htm
    http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl15-e.htm
    http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl25-e.htm

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  6. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

and i bet the Gun would go flying backwards like a rocket. ya can't point howittzers in a straight direction for a reason.

7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

in games you can :)

8. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

I dont know if you can see from the pic, but there are large spikes on the back to keep the gun from flying away

9. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Anyway Anti material Rifle for the grenadier or a Grenade Launcher would give Grenadier much need variety to their weapon loadouts...

10. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

just introduce a 90mm single shot sholder mounted heavy (or recoilless) rifle for the Rifle man. it is a Single shot straight line Slug which is capaible of damaging vehicals, however it lacks splash damage therefore engagment of infintry is difficult.

[​IMG]

11. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

Sounds fair enough, but make it reduce rifleman's movement speed.
    Make late-game upgrades to reduce said speed-reduction. (ZOMG DOUBLE NEGATIVE LOLZ)

12. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

And this would remove riflemans grenades or would it replace his rifle?

lol talk about rifleman becoming useless then using a recoilless rifle:D

and why should the rifleman have problems fightign infantry... thats his purpouse

13. Pyro Paul

Pyro Paul Member

i would lean more towards it is only given with a weak rifle version. or like a Carbine of the rifle primary rifle.

the load out would be Light damage semi auto rifle, recoiless rifle, no grenades.

and i am talking about balance.
    the Rifle does enough damage to kill any one out right, if it hits. but it is not an explosive round, so you HAVE to hit inorder for it to regester. there for the weapon doesn't become an almighty imbalanced finger of god.

Since the Bullet Has to hit, and the weapon is a single shot, and has long reload times, the recoiless rifle is difficult to use against infintry making it only useful against vehicals.

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

railgun. anyone with good accuracy and attacking less than an overrunning amount of enemies would be destroyed. I wouldn't mind this if the damage was terrible, and if it had to be deployed on a tripod...

15. pedro0930

pedro0930 Member

yay, I used the search function.

Anyways, I was thinking about the concept of ATR myself. However, my idea is give the ATR to grenadier. When the player choose ATR, he also get a grenade launcher (as an muzzle attachment to his ATR), which replace his mortar automatically. Since the mortar and RPG in the world of Empires is the same weapon, it would make sense to do this for any other weapon that's going to be added for the grenadier.
    ATR probably have a slightly faster fire rate as the RPG, but weaker. But it's more accurate against moving target, since the shell travel faster therefore making it a good weapon against jeep (isn't jeep going to be make more useful when the developer introduce mounted guns? now the ATR would be perfect for taking jeeps down), APC and LT/AFV.

16. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

The Roflmen should get the Underbarrel GL, at the expense of regular grenades. They would be something between regular HE and stickybombs, in that they are less specialized between vehicle and infantry. This way, they have a slightly better chance against vehicles without giving up any infantry-raping skills.

The Anti-Tank rifle, I like the idea of a railgun that's given to the Grenadier or Scout. The Railgun would do less damage to armor than the rocket, but it refires a bit faster and is almost instant hit, as well as gives Reactive armor some use. Maybe, it could be a charge-then-fire thing to do full damage? Though that might make it aggravating to use.

17. mif

mif Member

It's gonna be useless. I'll take an RPG if i wanna shoot 50 meters. AT rifle should be a long range weapon, accurate enough to hit tank at 300 meters. In theory you can hit infantry at 50 meters but it will be hard to kill small moving target. At close ranges it will be even more difficult, if AT rifle shoot only when deployed.
    Just my thoughts.
    And i really like these guns, they looks perfect for NF.
    (Those who played R.O.:ostfront have reasons to love em;))
    But what should replace mortar? Nades?

Offtopic: I thought that Blitzkreig II, is stand alone game, not a mod.

18. Zombified

Zombified Member

My idea for this would be something like the Boys rifle

19. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

An anti-armor round wont do much to an infantry target, partly because it's designed to fly and not stop (Bullets do the most damage by stopping in the body), and mainly because it'll unbalance the thing a lot and make it a beefed up Scout Gun.

The whole point for the rifle is to do damage to tanks at a distance with less chance of the rocket missing due to them moving or your hamhandedness. It's mostly useful for light-armored vehicles and armors weak against fast bullets (Which, no armor should be strong against both bullets and rockets, unless it's either heavy or is jsut somewhat better). You *could* snipe players with it, but it'd be impractical, the bullet wouldnt do enough damage to players or refire fast enough to kill the player, as well as the tracer would be a dead giveaway.

Oh yeah, the tracer, it should leave a faint, blue line between the nader and the target, presumably the effect from the railgun, which would be a really cool anti-tank rifle to have.

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

great idea. if something like this is added, then this is the way to go.