Anti tank rifle.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vessboy, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

I think that could work out. But should a rifleman with a GL still be able to carry normal grenades?

2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

As I said before; as a trade of they loose their normal grenades

3. ShadowSlayer56

ShadowSlayer56 Member

i say juet give the rifle men a wepon that can damage tanks and air craft just a bit so they arnt the perfect class

4. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

I would like this as a gun choice for the Grenadier. not for the rifleman.

5. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Yeah. I don't understand why everyone is talking about the rifleman. This is an ANTI-TANK gun, and needs to be assigned to the grenaider.

6. arklansman

arklansman Member

Probably because it says rifle.
    But yeah it's a grenadier weapon.

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Anyone bothered tp read my huge post arguing why the rifleman should get it instead of the grenadier? >,<?

So far I didn't hear anyone trying to counter those points argh...

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

Just make the heavy mg not suck.
    Then give the AT to the grenadier.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

If you want a weapon that can attack vehicles, how about a machinegun type weapon, or an upgrade for all handfired bullets, that allows you to heat up the enemy tank very slightly by firing at him. so you can drive him away, or make it easier for your anti tank support.

10. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

What about a tank trap, like in 'wacky racers' where you chain it to a tree

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

12. Apogee

Apogee Member

I'd be in favour of this for the scout, as a main weapon choice. That way, the scout would have a pistol and a AT rifle, so wouldn't have much of a chance vs infantry. The AT Rifle would not be very powerful - maybe 5 rounds to punch through the back of a light tank. Enough to harrass it, but to go head to head would be suicide for anything more than a light tank. Also enough damage to kill a turret in two clips, 10 shots.

I think it would fit in nicely with the whole "sniper" doctrine the scout has and would give scouts an option to be able to hurt tanks.

13. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

the anti tank rifle may be a histoically accurate thing - but wasnt it also almost entirely useless? The sort of large elephant gun that breaks your shoulder if you fire it.

Another point is where people say 'make it do damage to tanks but not infantry' - how would that make any sense? Better balance would be making it slow to reload etc so that you get out gunned by infantry. Unless you go for explosive tipped bullets you're just bringing in the AWP.

Why not make all weapons technically able to hurt vehicles and just scale it for some weapons - e.g. light pistols and smgs could damage things with no armour, i.e. plain chaises, most rifles could damage the softest armour types very slightly (so can help in a fight but not much), heavy rifles/machineguns (.50 cal? or is that not really that big?) could damage plain armour a little and softer (i think there is a softer one that does something flashy in place of strength?) armour more.

or you just add a new type of machine gun when the vehicle weapon tech for HE mgs is researched...

14. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I like the idea of a scout weapon that can attack vehicles.

I was thinking something along the lines of the rifle rocket in BF2142. you choose the range you want it to detonate, and it does reasonable damage if you get the grenade near then when it does. if you hit the ground, then it has a small chance of detonating instantly, a small chance of detonating after a small amount of time, and a small chance of not detonating, and if it hits the floor the detonation is much smaller.

15. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Just give it as a primary weapon for the scout, make it single-shot bolt-action with about 5 projectiles and a slow reload, but do massive damage (75% of mortar?), instant kill to infantry. Scouts are meant for early scouting, so they must also to a certain degree be prepared for early encounters, that includes vehicles. Don't give it zoom, so it would be sort of like the current Scout rifle, nerfed in speed, without zoom. BAM! Two problems solved in one, lest noone likes this idea.

16. arklansman

arklansman Member

Just say no.

17. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

isn't the NF heavy rifle supposed to do damage vehicles eventually?

18. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Well on the empires page it says that lvl3 MG turrets can damage vehicles

19. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

But they don't target them!

20. Vessboy

Vessboy Member