Replacement of the sniper

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by deadly_venom, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

There are always going to be stupid people going scout to snipe, and not helping their team in doing so. Thats why the scout is being rebalanced.

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Change to scout with senses, kill the scout, change back.

If you know a scout is in your base and he lives longer than
    5 seconds its because the team is stupid.

3. mr roflman

mr roflman Member

i know some people want to turn empires into tf2, but freezecam shots against snipers would help. sort of cancels out hide mode tho:pathetic: .
    still snipers are never really such a big deal anyway:D

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Freezecam would be too annoying, it would ruin some strategies. And it would be blatantly copying stuff from TF2 (again).

5. Geese Howard

Geese Howard Member

That's such stupid logic.
    I've seen stupid people who are eningeers and they don't help the team.
    Let's rebalance the engineers.

The problem is already fix by making scout not the default class. A lot of your guys complaints on the scouts are completely unfounded and just opinions. New players are always useless even if they're a engineer they usually can't build, don't have repair upgrade, etc.
    Thus since stupid people are stupid, we should have repair skill be default and for scout enhance sense should be default and the scout needs to be immune to builds cause he's a scout and saw ahead of time that the other team had guns and he became a robot that's immune to bullets.

On TOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPppppppppppppppPPpPPppPPPPp of the VF.
    You know, the roof.
    Freeze cam are dumb and tf2 is fun for a little while then you realize it's boring as hell and you might as well play CSS.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  6. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

now your just bending the argument to your own needs with that comment, lets face it like I said earlier we're not trying to fix scout for the 2% of the population of you guys that know how to play, were trying to fix it so the other 98% of the population can be worth a damn. Even if they dont have repair upgrade the lemmings will still diligently sit there for a minuite and build your ref, and just keep running around building everything not built while they try to figure out wtf is going on in this game. And if one of these lemmings has somehow wandered past the enemy lines and you want to give them a barracks while they are in this strategically useful place, unlike scouts you can give them a barracks or turrets or whatever and it will go up, unlike with useless scouts.

so after you find him you go rifleman and throw nades up there, your point? or just find the way he got up there and mow him down.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

The birth of a supervillan/superhero clash

Thum thum thum thuuuuum :mad: :mad: :mad:

also, has anyone already concidered giving the sniper rifle to the rifleman?

8. Dr. Rockso

Dr. Rockso Member

love scout on some maps. I know I'm new and habitually confused by my uh, glaucoma medicine, but It seems like a great compliment to the infantry.

I'm not new to FPS games of course, and to me in a team based goal-oriented game, the scout has a great toolset to indirectly cause alot of hell.

I personally find the Sniper rifle ALOT more useful then just for raw frags. I am used to the idea of stealth+the ability to sabotague+long range potential from playing a very old mod for one of the first major online fps's. (custom tf for quake) and alot of my tactics seem to carry over very well.

The fact that I can take shots that people cant always follow back to their origin is great. Why kill one enemy when I can make four scatter from their cover?
    Goals should take priority over frags and scout seems like it can be great support Imo.
    Sure I could kill that engineer walking out of his base...or I could let him travel out of his base for a few minutes and THEN kill him when he drops his turrets and has not yet finished building it. Sure I could kill that rifleman who is prone under the tree but he will just come back and hide under cover, I'd rather wait and pop him as my team advances.

Just like sabotague, I find its pretty damn useful to wait at an enemy building ahead of my team and sabotague it right as they attack, rather then playing sabo wars with enemy engies until they get sick of healing it and come find me which means that now my team has to attack a %100 rax or vf or whatever.

Another thing I think is great is to sabotague a Ref in mid then I hightail it and wait for mr tank driver to come repair it, and THEN I put one between his eyes and now instead of getting a few frags by poping him as he leaves his rax, I have disabled an early tank in open ground from long range as an infantry and its sitting by a half dead ref waiting for my team =D

Of course I am still somewhat confused by the weapons. Often I have my xhairs right between peoples eyes, and yet I do not

get a hit at all. But thats an issue I have with all the weapons, not just the sniper rifle. Alternatively sometimes the guns

go exactly where I point them every time. 0_o. It doesnt really affect the way I play scout though since killing is secondary to me.

To me its not how many kills you get with the sniper rifle, its when you get those kills. I'm still learning, but I can appreciate the potential of the class when used with patience.

I dunno maybe scout with rifle IS useless and I am a worthless newb but
    Whynot just have scout rifle unlock with a higher rank? like the second or third upgrade. That way to get it you'd still have to have been useful or at the very least been a warm body around useful squadies.

Sorry if this idea has been covered, I kind've stoped reading the thread when people starting insulting eachother. I get kinda burned out on people taking themselves too seriously online. It conjures up images of beta chimps slapfighting for the bottom branch.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  9. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

sir, i think you just proved not everyone on the internet is brainless
    huzzah for rockso

10. communism

communism poof

Getting killed in 1 shot from across the map isn't fun. That is why it is being removed

11. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I've seen things in this mod thats needs to be fixed. But maybe we should stop trying to fix them? ;)

12. Timmeh

Timmeh Member

It's a shame they are going to take out the sniper rifle, tonight I topped my teams scoreboard over 30 kills and around 7 deaths. that was all with my trusty sniper rifle on crossroads. Which made our ticket count higher than the other teams
    by 20-25 tickets.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

-.-
    So and if I have a kill/death ratio of 0/100 and buy one tank for example
    drive it to the enemy commander and kill it I win and not the guy with
    an awesome k/d ratio.

Btw a rifleman would kill more.

14. Timmeh

Timmeh Member

But how many deaths would you have before you reach my kills? Most likely many more since there were turrets everywhere. Which is why I like sniping.

15. communism

communism poof

Plenty more, did you once sab any of those turrets or did you hang back and pick off stragglers while your team has to push the front lines

16. Timmeh

Timmeh Member

It was on crossroads and i found an awesome place to hide where their turrets couldn't get me and it was pretty close to the front lines, and i just kept sniping and sniping until they somehow pushed the other side and i had to switch class to keep them heavies away.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  17. dra6o0n

dra6o0n Member

Sniping would only be good if it has multiple weaknesses, but in this version, it doesn't seem to have any. All classes can take out a sniper for sure, but the problem is finding the sniper.

18. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

a rifleman with an AR can kill me from far away, remove the AR pls ...

a) as far as i know you can still see the bullets.
    b) you said it has no weakness, but you can kill it easily ... so it has a weakness?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  19. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The AR serves another purpose, the scout rifle does not. So your argument fails.

20. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

There are very few people in the military that are trained as snipers. Very few. And those few are very skilled at what they do.

This is one of the few times I think that a real comparison should be used to explain the problem with the sniper rifle.

if only 1 or 2 people used it, it wouldn't be a problem... but when half the team goes scout and tries to convince you that they are helping by pointing out their K/D ratio, it doesn't help.

I can keep a 1:3 K/D ratio and still outscore a scout 2-1 as far as points go, simply from building, reviving, and dropping mines.

(PS, I still think that you should have it unlockable at 40 points or x amount of kills or something like that ^_^)