Wikipedia Article

Discussion in 'General' started by Krenzo, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I second the Wiki-cott motion. May the mighty Empires never grace their presence again.

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

What happens when they decide to add another Empires article? Can we delete it saying we're boycotting them or will they come up with some guideline as to why it has to be included and can't be boycotted?

3. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

We should only lambast it when it's Empires (video game). Otherwise I think we should leave it be and have the wikipedians turn on themselves.

However, if one of our dear friends from our deletion progress starts it we start a riot.

4. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Better yet, we can make it well-known that no one who plays or enjoys Empires should contribute to any Empires mod article on Wikipedia.

5. Chahk

Chahk Member

Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen. Take a look at their contributions. They seem to know about everything. That is nothing about everything. All they do is fix spelling/grammar mistakes and delete articled they deem not worthy.
    This whole experience has opened my eyes on Wikipedia and validity of any of the articles there. When a bunch of grammar nazis can dictate what should and should not be included based on some arbitrary "rules" that they themselves choose to ignore whenever it suits their narrow-minded agenda (e.g. "mods don't belong in Wikipedia," for example), who's to say that any article on there contains any kind of truthful material?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  6. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I find it entertaining, that's why I keep posting there. They say something, I tear it to shreds. They say something else, I tear that to shreds too. If my Wikipenis was bigger I would definitely be winning this argument.

And by their own argument, an award would be notable (reread the AFD to find where the guy says that), so it would be even more notability evidence. Not that they would care, but I somewhat enjoy exposing these people's hypocrisy.

It's pretty cool that Dice new enough about Empires to reference it.

And:
    You have got to be fucking kidding me. Though, perhaps it just hasn't been noticed. Someone make an account and AFD that sucker. :p

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  7. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

No wai! Homestarrunner is leet. And don't forget to post your actual response in the discussion, because now you've only removed brownhairedbitch's.

8. FalconX

FalconX Developer

What? I've been trying to destroy every argument they throw at the article. Tell me if I've missed one.

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

11. FalconX

FalconX Developer

... Don't even get me started...

12. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I'm sorry, did I point out the obvious?

13. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Can someone please point a link to that discussion? I lost track of everything that was going on when the Empires page got deleted... >.<

*EDIT*

Nevermind... I found it..

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  14. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I wonder if some of the people arguing against it even bother to read the other side's posts anymore...

15. Chahk

Chahk Member

16. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Wow, BrownHairedGirl is around the 230-240 highest editing person on Wikipedia and Wickethewok is around 1000 according to "the list." No wonder they're so fucking concerned over how many edits someone has. I suggest we block Wikipedia off from the rest of the internet.

17. Chahk

Chahk Member

Oh, it gets even better: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:IGNORE

So basically they created a policy that allows them to break any of their own rules whenever they feel like it. In other words, even if our article satisfied every one of their rediculous requirements, they could still delete it "just because."

Edit: You know, all of the "admins" (and I use the term extremely loosely since anyone can be an admin on Wikipedia) that participated in the deletion should thoroughly review their own guidelines, especially Etiquette and Civility.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  18. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

19. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

some people are REALLY bad loosers.

like a 5 year old at christmas that didn't get his hungry hungry hippos... goes wild and trashes the house. :(

Ask them: is there any way in which it would be possible for us to form an arguement that could get this article re-instated. because currently, it doesn't appear that there is.