Wikipedia Article

Discussion in 'General' started by Krenzo, Oct 25, 2006.

1. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Yes, bring forth a high postcount user that will endorse the article. Because they remain to be convinced by arguments, seemingly only by biggger e-penises.

2. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I shall edit everything in sight for the next three weeks. Then, I shall be the number one editor ever. They shall BOW BEFORE ME!

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Just get a bot that automatically goes around correcting spelling and grammar.

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I believe you mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungry_Hungry_Hippos

As for getting re-instated, I doubt it. Just wait for them to come crawling back. And when they do, we'll be ready for them dammit! *shakes fist* :D

5. FalconX

FalconX Developer

I'm going to try and repost the article if we win IGF. Let them say non-notable to that, "bitch."

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

They deleted the empires talk page; but left the other crap around it... anyone smell bullshit? Because I know I do...

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

They also deleted empires from the "Empires: Disambiguation" page. goddamit i hate them all: especially the bitch.

8. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Can't say I didn't see something like this happening... Kudos to the guy for standing up to that...

I am afraid that the wiki will be banned from everything as a reliable source of information due to that; even now Im cautios when using the wikipedia...

10. Chahk

Chahk Member

Wikipedia never has been and never will be considered a reliable source of information. Admin power abuse is just the tip of the iceberg. Take one look at their rules and tell me how such a policy can be anything but disaterous to the reliability this self-proclaimed encyclopedia.

11. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Lol, I get a kick out of that one.

12. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

*Bump*

Thanks to Solokiller for getting me reinterested in this debate.
    Solo, you sandbox only has one sentance in it. I thought I would let you know here than in the wrong thread.

Also, useful precedent, Plan of Attack: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Plan_of_Attack_(computer_game)

I think Empires should at least be listed as an HL2 Mod http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_life_2_mods, even if it doesn't have it's own page.

Sorry for bringing this up again, but the ModDB results come out in a few weeks, and I thought it would be good if we were prepared with a well written article in the (likely) eventuality that Empires won an award.

[Edit] I didn't make the change described below

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  13. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Found in the list of HL2 mods on wikipedia:
    Whoever added this line, is not going about it in the right way. This is a completely opinionated description which is guaranteed to be removed by the first admin that sees it. If you are going to add Empires related info to any wiki, make sure that it's done well. If you can't do that much, leave it to other people (I'm not talking specifically to anyone in this thread, particularly not you knighttemplar, just talking in general terms).

Until a more appropriate description is suggested, I have removed this entry from the list alltogether.

14. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Clean that up ASAP! Shit's going to hit the fan if an admin sees that and then we're never going to get another article in Wikipedia(oh how hard it is to write that without spitting at the same time).

15. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

16. arklansman

arklansman Member

IIRC, that's today. :D

IDRC :/ it's on Saturday. :)

17. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Oh yeah? I'm on their site, and nothing's up. Someone got to editing the wiki page, and I had my hand in it too. I took out the internal link to Empires as it simply lead to a page on geopolitical empires. I'm not entirely sure how to deal with that.

18. dm4544

dm4544 Member

Dear god...

Ok, so... where to start... I usually stay out of the community for a mod, but I've been playing empires since 1.03-ish. Maybe earlier. But this caught my eye. So i figured I should do something for one of my favorite mods.

I checked wikipedia, and our article is gone. This pissed me off so I decided to do a bit of digging. Turns out, I found the name of the person who nominated our page for deletion and also saw the process through. The wikipedia deletion log shows :

05:00, 6 April 2006 Mailer diablo (Talk | contribs) deleted "Empires (computer game)" (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Empires (computer game))

I think the date is a little f***ed up, but still, after checking his "Contributions" to wikipedia he's been deleting gaming related pages left and right at the rate of 20+ per day.

How can something like this be allowed? Today alone look at what he has deleted! :eek:

15:15, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Teach English Abroad (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:14, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/ESLUSA (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:14, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Kris Martin (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:14, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/3rd Hybrid (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:13, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of films with single syllable titles (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:13, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Living With April (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:11, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Similarities between Jesus and Horus (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)

15:10, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Criticism of Jesus as myth (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, and this person shouldn't be allowed to try to supress any religous views. (I don't force my beliefs on others.)

15:10, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Talk:2006-07 New Jersey Devils season (Article survived AfD)
    15:10, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) 2006-07 New Jersey Devils season (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/2006-07 New Jersey Devils season)

15:10, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/2006-07 New Jersey Devils season (Closing debate; result was keep) (top)

WTF would someone try to delete a record of a sport? (I know nothing of this teams record, so don't think I do or don't support the devils)

15:09, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Ronnie Wayne Bryce (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:08, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Brian Lewadny (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:08, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/The Monique Sweep (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:07, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Yamaraja (wrestler) (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:06, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Kerri Furey (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    15:05, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Danika Cleary (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    14:40, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Ashwin Betrabet (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    13:18, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Daddy Fresh Music (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    13:18, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Mark Jones (music) (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    13:14, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Andy Richards (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    13:14, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Regina Sakamoto 2 (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    13:10, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Love Hurts (Incubus song) (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    12:53, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Lewis Holden (political activist) (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    12:30, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Exsphere (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    03:12, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/1818 tusculum (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    03:12, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Spoon and Suger (Closing debate; result was delete)
    03:11, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Dermaplex (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)

03:11, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/History eraser button (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)

03:11, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Death cube (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)
    03:11, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Agel (Closing debate; result was delete) (top)

03:10, 15 January 2007 (hist) (diff) m Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Examples of Leet in videogaming (syntax) (top)

:eek:

Its like 50 friggin pages of valid things!

I don't know how wikipedia works, but I'll try my best to get our article back. And if we can bring the Ban Hammah' down on this guy then lets try.
    Vive la revolution!

19. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Sounds like some sort of mental disorder.

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

holy shit, get that bastard BANNED.

well done for finding this. what do we do now?