Wikipedia Article

Discussion in 'General' started by Krenzo, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I think somebody should tell Nuka5 to stop changing previous posts, it'll piss off the admins Dx.

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah, he's fairly arguementative.

but he's been quite useful, on the occasions where he doesn't say something hasn't checked... :P

i wonder who he is....

3. Churchill

Churchill Member

Yes, I suppose his identity will never come to light, as it's so difficult to tell *rolls augen*

Pure hypocrisy on wiki's part. While I agree the article was too big, and a player manual was a bit excessive (TL : DR comes in mind) they happily allow this :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_and_Equipment_of_the_Imperium_(Warhammer_40,000)#Ammunition

A entire article on Weapons and equipment of the Imperial forces in WH40k, and as the link says, even the ammunition types. If that is actually ok to put up, why not a mod page.

4. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

5. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Artists impression of a flamer.

6. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Try posting again niarbeht, it seems to be unlocked for me.

---------------EDIT--------------------
    Heh, I just owned their dystopia argument. It seems at times that I know more about Wikipedia precedents than they do... and I don't even regularly edit wikipedia.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  7. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

FalconX, you are some kind of Wikigod. I swear, you keep ripping into them like no one's business. The image I get from reading your posts is that of a guy in a business suit giving a high diction speech. I'm not going to list the image I get in my mind from reading their posts, as they seem to be spying on us.

And yes, if you Wikipedia fools are reading this, I'm not paranoid. You just proved my point. Enjoy.

8. Caelo

Caelo Member

LOL, thats the funniest thing I've read in a long time on a forum

9. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I just noticed a funny thing. Wikipedia is hostile towards mods. There has been an article for example Heart of Evil(deleted by Wickethewok, funny enough this mod has been featured in several games magazines, I think it has been mentioned at least once in here too and Finland is rather small country...). I also stumbled upon some people that have contributed to the Empires article deletion discussion while looking at some AfDs through(check contribs of Wickethewok(btw he has a huge list of deleted articles under his belt, a person who enjoys destroing information... makes me sick)). On one AfD of some mod that I can't remember there was a list of several other mod related articles on Keep! by some fellow. Apparently Empires article was on that list too... and most of the articles that were on that list have been deleted.

Edit:
    The list of mods.

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

"mods don't deserve their own page"

Since when is mod not a game, they should be reminded of the thousands of people that bought an engine for the mods, I got a friend of mine to buy hl2, after 2 years, just because of Empiresmod.
    I bought hl1 just for Natural-Selection and Hl2 just for the mods.
    If you would talk to a lot of TA veterans they will tell you they are looking forward to the mods of Supreme Commander.
    Its like saying a mod is not as good as the engine its made on, but since when is an engine a game, we're not all Carmack's bitches :P

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

12. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Well, looks like it got deleted due to the opinions of the more established editors.

Time for a relist.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Looks like it was deleted because some admins are too up themselves to step back and look at the facts.

Furthermore, at the end of that debate, my comments were being repeatedly deleted without reason by a brand new user called hahnchen. the moment i had reposted the comment for the 3rd time, Brownhaired girl was right on it, saying that i was going to loose my editing rights for breeching the three revert rule. I'm sure they were in it together to lure me into that trap.

These are some of the most corrupt people I've ever dealt with.

14. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Why thank you niarbeht.

Seriously though, someone nominate CS for deletion, or Dystopia for deletion. Lets see what happens. :p

Actually, lets see instead what we can do about appealing the deletion, I'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere. You do laugh, though, at how readily they violate their own precedent.

Don't, absolutely do not, be fucking stupid in this. This seems to be a more refined discussion area than the AFD was. Make sure you read up on how to post there before doing so.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2006_November_1

15. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Empires
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2006_November_1
    In case anybody might not find the 2 leftovers of the article (yes it was deleted).

"The result was Delete. Looking at the opinions of established editors, and looking at the points raised, there would appear to be a consensus to delete. No arguing it on my talk page please, WP: DRV is that way. kingboyk 17:56, 1 November 2006 (UTC)" <- established editors are no better than new users in these cases.
    Why? Take a look at this example:
    "oh, an article about star wars is nominated for deletion, since i'm an established editor they will listen to me, go me!"
    This is something some established editor might say, and if that would happen, then the person deciding wether to keep or delete the article will be blinded.

17. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

at least my faith in humanity was restored :)

18. FalconX

FalconX Developer

The Empires article was changed into a redirect as the plural of "Empire."

I have posted a request for deletion review.
    Empires Deletion Review

I'd like to remind you all that the discussion on that page is not about whether or not the Empires article should be deleted. Allowing this page, or a new AFD page if one is put up, to degenerate as the last one did will not help. This page is solely an appeal of the already given decision. To that end, please keep your posts there civil and refined. If you don't think you can do so, either wait for a possible new AFD or don't post at all. Mikayu's post comes dangerously close, at the least, to violating this.

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It really comes as no surprise that it came to that decision. If there was no admin favoritism, it would've come to "no consensus" like the Point of Existence argument, but then the only reason that article didn't get deleted is because someone with lots of edits showed up in their support.

20. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Biting comments shall be my mode.