Why is the sniper rifle going to be cut?

Discussion in 'General' started by Empty, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

You sir, are full of crap.
    The scout rifle is not this good, no matter who you are.

2. Demented

Demented Member

Yes it is.
    Or rather, it can be, when in the right hands.
    Which is one of the reasons it should be removed.
    On the other hand, the ARs are so much better in so many ways that it's a moot point.

3. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Oh noz, a scout is shooting me from a far distance away. I die.

Now how will this work as a team?
    Commander places a building. We go build said building. Scout sits and stays useless.

4. Avneet

Avneet Member

Can you go back and read my posts please because I've answered over and over why the new DMR version is a teamwork weapon. It is NOT a sniper rifle but the best compromise I can get that forces teamwork and no long range shots. So please read and then post :]]]

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Time to die: your response is a perfect example of how you ignore what everybody else says. If we don't want a compromise, we don't want any form of a sniper rifle. Deal with it.

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

You're correct, it is not up to me to dictate what you consider fun. But I can dictate that you do not impede on the fun of others, which is exactly what you sometimes do.

I can understand that you like to snipe around and go solo, and while I don't concur with that train of thought, I'll let you. But just messing around, using up resources for jeeps and not helping your team takes away the fun from other people, and that's something I don't agree with. In fact, that's not even how the mod was designed to be played. Luckily changes are being made to encourage teamwork some more (while keeping it fun).

7. Avneet

Avneet Member

LOL what are you talking about? Go back through this topic and you will see I'm not the only one who wants some sort of sniper. Most either still want it or not. I'm being the one person trying to compromise. If you don't like it stop posting it. I really don't care whether you want it or not. I wouldn't be posting if I cared. This is something I want and am trying to debate across in hopes devs may agree. If they don't, that's fine with me. But I'm not going to give up because you or others don't want it when there are others that do :]]]

So yes I admit I am ignoring something. I'm ignoring those of you who constantly tell me to stop trying to compromise and do what you want. I don't fly that way. I stand up for something I want. You can hate it, but wont change my opinion. There is no need to keep posting about it because I really don't care if you don't like my idea. If you can't debate it, don't post and leave it to those that are :]]]

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Well you're not changing our opinion, and our opinion is what decides things. So again: deal with it.

9. Avneet

Avneet Member

If I'm not changing your opinion, then why do you keep posting on me debating for a compromise? It seems I'm affecting you a lot that you wont leave me alone to debate with others =P

I'm pretty sure the first part of changing peoples opinions is to affect them and have them forcing to try to stop me :]]

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I'm telling you that we're not going for a compromise, ie we're removing the scout rifle and nothing like it comes in its place. That means it's pointless to continue to discuss why it should be kept, or what to change to keep it.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Now.
    Can we please clean the thread out, and sticky + lock it?
    That let me die happy :p

12. Avneet

Avneet Member

That's EXACTLY why I'm doing this debate. To change opinions. So I don't understand what part of that you don't get? I know you are taking it out. That doesn't mean I can't still fight for my compromise until the day I see it gone completely. If you have such a problem with it and are so sure my debates are pointless, then don't post here. Your the one that's sure so arguing it with me is pointless. I already told you I'm not going to stop until I see it physically removed. Until then there is always hope I can make a compromise :]]]

Sorry Empty can't die happy. I'm not done trying to make a compromise. Not until the days is officially gone and done with :]]]

13. Empty

Empty Member

That just makes me feel much better. Now that he's muted I'll probly get less infractions :P

14. President Dick

President Dick Member

It is gone completely. Most of the devs and testers are opposed to it. Stop trying.

Learn to use rifles better.

15. Avneet

Avneet Member

LOL I get so many of those learn to use rifles better =P Yeah like I really don't know how to play empires after this long =P

If it's gone, then don't post and encourage me because you know it will. Until I see the weapon gone in game, I shall continue to debate for it's brother's(the compromise) existence :]]

16. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

Personally I hate being sniped by a semi-visible scout from a hill a long way off, but despite that I feel that that Time To Dies's idea is a good one. There are many occasions where a medium range sniper rifle would be useful to deal with infantry in cover. I am not sure why there is such hate towards the scout rifle, it is annoying to be sniped but if the rifles can really be used as a replacement to the rifle then cutting it will not solve any problems. I think the best idea would be to let the rifle die, then if there is still a spot high accuracy, high damage, medium range, slow rate of fire weapon still exists (which it probably will) then it can be reexamined impartially. The one thing which will really cut down the number of long range snipers would be to not make it the default weapon in empires. Also it is interesting to compare this thread with the one about the mortar, as they are at opposite ends of the empires community's viewpoint.

17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Continuing this discussion is pointless, we're already discussing alternate roles and equipment for the scout in the dev forum, and we excluded any form of a sniper rifle from debate, as it's the problem. So don't try to change opinions, because it just won't work.

18. ba'al

ba'al Member

If it was a statement and not a debate lock the thread next time.

19. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Solo received a ring +1337 awesomeness D:

but yeah, lets sticky it and lock

20. arklansman

arklansman Member

Let's compromise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.