Where we discuss when it's time to move out from your parents

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Z100000M, Jul 31, 2015.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

So my mom just had a heart attack, and went to the hospital.

Im here manning the phones.
    Paramedics said it has a strong possability of it relating to alcohol.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Whats with the phones? Did your mom ran a call center?

3. BigTeef

House phones, contacting family, friends, im going off the grid for the day.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

hope all turns out well.

5. BigTeef

Got back from the hospital.

She suffered a myocardial infarction.

They said this happened because of weight, smoking habits, and alcoholism.
    She may become a diabetic from this day fourth and should avoid her 2 habits and start exercising.

6. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

sorry to hear that, I hope she recovers fast and listens to her doctors advice.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'm sorry to hear that Teef...my dad had a few heart attacks, starting when I was fairly young, but if your mum does change things and listen to the advice she could be around for a long time to come.

8. BigTeef

I doubt it, im getting close to graduation.

Waiting on my blood thinner tests so I know what shots I need to get before externship, then get a job at the site from the externship.

I will start earning enough to become independent at that point.
    Then I can apply for more benefits and get a food card, and that will save money.

And become another cog in the machine.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I haven't really reached the stage where I go through bulking/cutting processes. To be honest, since I started working out like 2 and a half years ago, I've never been super consistent with it. Once I started in Iraq I would generally train like crazy for the month I was there and have very little food (because we literally don't get given enough food, it wasn't by choice) and get in decent shape, then come home for a month and drink/eat myself back out of shape again, rinse and repeat 8 times.

But I've been off for nearly 8 months now, and I was getting into the worst shape I've been since I started working out so I just got back into it. To be honest, 6 weeks straight without any missed workout days is probably the longest I've ever sustained it, though the diet went to shit this week because of TI5 destroying my sleep cycle.

I don't really like curry either but it's just a backup for when I forget to defrost food the night before. Microwave defrosting is pretty fucking bad so it's not worth the risk.

10. Metruption

Metruption Member

It's sad that people wait until they have to before changing habits of self harm. But they say people with cancer and who fail suicide often can end up being the happiest people.

11. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Hope things work out Teef.

I've only been working out "seriously" since February, like actually tracking lifts and diet PROPERLY, and even then I've jumped programs 3 times since just to find a good rhythm. I actually started working out the very start of October 2014 on a PPL for 2 weeks (massive cringe when looking back this, oh how misinformed a beginner is...), then SL (for about a month), then ICF (tracked on paper). So you could say actually since about December it's been somewhat "serious". Then Christmas vacation happened and I fucked up my first 3 months. I'm with you that situational factors do mess with things, especially when it comes to food, but I would never consciously "give up" by letting myself go, if that makes sense.

Given that, I can only describe where I'm at now to be finished with what I say has been as my first bulk and starting a cut now, so when I'm finished with this cut that'll be my first "phase" over. But the problem is that essentially I went from 147lbs unknown BF% 22/9/2014 to 178lbs 27/7/2015 20~BF%, the reason for me actually starting to diet down so recently within the past 2 weeks, was that I actually lost the ability to objectively look at myself in the mirror (sounds weird but it's hard to describe) so I had a skewed perception of where things were going. Plus I actually didn't know when to stop, how much my surplus should actually be or anything, which is actually really bad (due to the universal "skinny fat: cut or bulk" question and impatience). Luckily for me having so much spare time I've been reading so much as to how to approach things in the future. I don't mind how things have gone actually, I'm glad to be learning along the way, plus I have "intermediate" lifts before even hitting the year mark.

It's been 11 weeks since I started this program, only missed 2/40 sessions even with TI on. Although TI has actually been great this year, some things are just more important.