Where we discuss when it's time to move out from your parents

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Z100000M, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Get a car.

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

Life is just life. You can do what you want with it. If you're happy then I guess that's fine. I wanted good internet though so I moved out and started renting a flat. Now I own a house but my internet is shit. Hopefully soon I'll have good internet.

You must work, right? Where's all that money going?

3. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Last time I used one of those, my rug caught on fire.

I still have it, but im not sure that little thing can heat this big room.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Well yeah you gotta keep it away from flammables.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Remember youre saying this to a person sitting his ass next to the broken neck lane.

6. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

More like pointing out he doesn't need help and everything is a lot easier than he thinks. If you've got a permanent address, work references and any kind of education/qualification then you can walk into an entry level job.

I keep recommending call centres because they really are the best first real job. Not much stress, reasonable pay, lots of transferable skills for future jobs and, if they're anything at all like call centres in the UK then they're pretty much always hiring.

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I went to college but, didn't finish. I am working in a profession that has NOTHING to do with what I went to get educated for or wanted to do (programming). I make $20 an hour in California being a warehouse clerk. You know what labor here does? (Of course you don't, that was rhetorical) They fucking sweep dust around the place. Although they do it in nearly inhumane conditions like next to a fucking 350f press or near rip saws that are 120db loud. They get paid $17. Even then... the pay is pretty impressive here compared to anywhere else. You know of course that means its because of the union.

PS I live with mum but, its till she can kick my brother out of the house she is paying for him(what a dead beat son he his.). Don't do drugs, steal cars, or run diamonds for Russian mafia, kids

8. Z100000M

I dont know sounds like your brother is actually pretty boss.

9. ViroMan

except he has next to nothing in cash, 3 kids that if you believe in a hell... they CAME from hell, ohh and a wife that has serious, SERIOUS, self image problems(could be because of her gimp leg that is 1/2 inch shorter).

10. Z100000M

thats alot of poepel to be living in a single house

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

A family of five sounds reasonable to me

12. Deiform

Deiform Member

Remember some people find doing shit like finding an apartment and buying food a bit overwhelming. Previously they'd just die or be forced to do shit, but now government handouts are everywhere, we can keep these people alive!

I'm not saying it's a good or a bad thing. In some cases it can be good (think autistic kid that's a really insightful philosopher or meticulous chemical engineer but finds having to phone people way too stressful). On the other hand you can get general Xbox gamers with their 5 kids all paid for by the government that could be doing something, but don't.

It's tough to judge.

13. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I am not sure what brand you bought or how long ago, but the ones I have bought have auto turn off and also if its tilted or falls it automatically shuts off.

Don't keep it on your rug put it on a table or something.

Mine heats up a large room, they make them very efficient and safe now.

I use the ceramic heaters
    this one I bought and works well
    http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-5309-El...ywords=Lasko+Oscillating+Ceramic+Tower+Heater

14. BigTeef

Its like a radiator with wheels, and it screams sometimes when its on.

15. ViroMan

He probably has one of those oil filled ones. Does it take like 5 minutes to heat up but, when it does it pours out heat even 15 mins after its off?
    The oil filled ones are the best space heaters... if you want directional heaters the infrared ones can be frigging mini suns.

16. BigTeef

The scream scares me sometimes.

17. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Not yet. Did a couple of different things for a while, but not really had a permanent job in a while.

It is what it is. I'm not really happy, but the thing that makes me happy is in my control, so I know whether I'm doing it or not is simply down to me.

18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Infrared heaters are really nice, they are completely silent, make no dust and give you this nice chimney feeling.

19. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

I don't want to bring rage into this bitch fest but it's time to talk, I live with my parents but I pay rent in doing that. I'm a fulltime student and I took 17 credits last semester and work 34 hours a week at the local BMW dealership making $10 an hour, it's not the easiest in the world to get an entry level job in college unless you have an internship or other credentials, but if you haven't gotten one yet then you just haven't tried hard enough. Network network network, I have my job because it's flexible with my school schedule and its rewarding work and I'm likely for a raise, I live at home, my dad is verbally abusive and it's not the greatest but i don't tuck away into my room because life won't get anywhere if you do that. wasting your time bitching on here is completely counter-productive, a college student in this competitive of a labor market should be revising their resume and sending it to every fucking business they can think of. If you don't you can simply check out your parents basement because thats where you'll be heading. Sure I'm a dick but I had to deal with this when I was kicked out a few years back and I have no sympathy for people since.

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Like the lamp they put over the fries at mcdonalds?