What happened to the Black Hole?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

So I did as you suggested and skimmed a bunch of old threads, but there's a lot to go through.

I see the part about Dee deleting threads
    And the part about Krenzo giving permission,
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't actually see any great offense on *****'s part that would cause the whole situation to arrive where it is now.

2. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

3. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

CB, if you don't remember it, why are you questioning it? There were flame wars galore, a lot of it was deleted, Dee wanted to end it...Krenzo wanted to end it.

The guy was a mental reject who never even played Empires in the first place. Ever. He just decided to come on the forums and start a "democracy" for whatever reason. It was out of hand in 2006, he got banned for a reason.

Moreover, we're talking about a ban Krenzo did...and to be honest, if Krenzo wants him banned, then he gets banned. There shouldn't be any discussion here.

Edit: Here, further research turns up this:

Yes, he wants in here. And wants full admin rights. Tons of other "demands" he's making. Fuck. No.

BETTER YET: He tried to buy admin powers. For $30. Empty can fill you in on more, I think.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  4. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

$30 are actually plenty$ for admin rights in the blackhole, I would take the cash on an annual basis or for half an year, no one gives a serious shit about black hole administration anyways, along with proper but not to harsh restrictions ofc (smth like no massbanning, no "unjustified" bans(w/e that means) etc.) ...
    He actually played empires, 5 years ago or smth not that it matters, though

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I think I'd actually feel bad about making money off the back of a mentally unwell person

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Talk to him for 60 minutes, realise he is dangerously insane, arrive at our conclusion, despair a bit, then come back.

That's probably the most succinct method of filling you in.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

maybe because to end a little flame war he made it bigger by spamming people msgs on a topic they do not care about.

8. Empty

Empty Member

Actually I think I haggled him up to like 100 bucks or something.
    Can't remember.

EDIT:

9. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I had another post typed up that I didn't post before running to work that highlighted that. Too bad you didn't get him up to $400 like you wanted :-p

Kane: This forum is for empires. Not for anime, not for cosplay, not for a democratic head-up-your-ass movement. Some things happen that aren't related to empires and that's totally fine and expected - it's part of the community, but the draw for this forum is and should be empires. You don't register here for forum politics. As such, buying in to the forum and demanding access is bullshit. You don't heckle members of the forum and proclaim that the bullshit stops when you're given power. That's just assinine. I don't care if he pays $30 or $300, he doesn't get admin rights. He's already said that if he had admin rights, people who spoke against his "movement" would get a ban. He's a retard and his antics have no place here.

Chris: Yeah, I've read a lot of chat logs now...to say he is in need of some help is an understatement.

10. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Actually the offtopic section is specificly for threads which got a certain level of seriousness and are not related to empires.
    The snailhole is for random crap and shit talking threads etc.
    The rainbow paradise is DZ's personal domain.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Notice that none of those are for anime.

12. Zeke

Zeke Banned

All of them are :D

13. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

Right, so instead of just not giving him admin powers, ban him. Makes perfect sense :rolleyes: He even made many posts clearly stating he did NOT want admin. You're just being silly about this. Also I would say it is in rather poor taste for you to comment negatively on the mental stability of others, given your own dubious history.

So I went and did just that. He seems quite sane and can clamly discuss the topic where many people here just seem to freak out.

Why would he bargain with somebody that doesn't actually have the power to grant it, especially as it was in direct conflict with his party platform?

You guys are a laugh riot

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  14. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Why does everyone gradually lose interest in empires but at the same time grow more and more concerned over the blackhole. And furthermore, who cares about Coffeeburrito anymore

15. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Why are you eating up that guy's lies? That's all he does is lie. Would you like to see the PMs from 2006 where he wanted admin rights?

If someone demands to be banned, what's wrong with granting such a request?

16. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

Actually, yes I would like to see the PMs WITH TIMESTAMPS if possible. Will you provide them?

Nobody on 'your side' has ever made a good faith effort of justifying these over the top flames and bans, so how can you seriously accuse me of all people of having a bias? How is something that happened five years ago even still relevant?

I am not eating up anybody's lies. I have read the old threads and seen much of what went on. I have not once called for ***** to be unbanned, as the opinion forming stages were not complete. When I saw people getting banned recently for asking about it, it seemed downright obnoxious. All I hear from that front is that the only thing ***** and his friends want is an elected Blackhole mod. They already hold elections in exile for the day they'll return. It seems to me that all you ever had to do was create a designated Black Hole moderator and none of this would ever have happened.

Also Krenzo you might not have been aware of my recent Empires work, but taking away my dev rights is fucking rediculous to say the least.

17. Empty

Empty Member

Oh dear.
    Not CB too.

18. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Can you give one valid reason, without using *******'s talking points for a progressive social-democratic republic coalition, why he should be given moderator of a section of the forums?

If all he wanted was a forum, he could just buy a domain for one. It is a lot cheaper than $30-$100 he "offered". :rolleyes:

Edit: Maybe if ******* asked nicely, he would have been given moderator access. Let me try. Can I have moderator privileges, please?

19. Empty

Empty Member

No.
    Fuck off.

20. Zeke

Zeke Banned

no u admin aboose

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.