What happened to the Black Hole?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Combat Wombat, the guy is a psycho. Just delete him tbh.

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

If we just didn't think about him at all, like, at all then something can work out. no one mentions his name or anything, and in case of him trying to make alts and threads just delete you know.

because the only way he is still here is because he still has the least bit of attention.

3. Zeke

Zeke Banned

pretty much.

4. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

The illusions that we don't know him is enough enjoyment I bet. My suggestion would be to try his threads like any other thread (moved to proper section, infractions for double posting, etc.)... no special policy. I know it is hard not to care, but it is laughable to think we can forget.

5. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Walmart, I don't think the racism analogy works best here; Racism is something we need to learn from, and I totally agree supression isn't the answer there - but this problem on these forums isn't the same type of thing; there's nothing to be learned here other than trolls are bad; this is someone actively going after Krenzo and other forum members. The only solution I see is to totally surpress and hope he goes away eventually...but given his history, he won't.

Even treating the threads like normal and giving points requires the same amount of force as total surpression, right? Diplomacy has failed, Krenzo did try it. The way I see it, either we let him in (no...) or we totally block him. No middleground seems possible.

/rambling.

6. Spooky

Spooky Member

I Loled

7. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

No, what you learn from racism is exactly what you learn from trolls on the interwebz: You learn NOT to care. You won't learn this if he is treated like the boogie-man and people cry in fear; you'll give them the lulz they want and promote even more troll (i.e. by definition, a troll wants to manipulate you and get a reaction out of you). I would use a terrorism analogy but that will complicate things.

Hence, it hasn't worked.

The difference is that there will be nothing special with how things are conducted. People will learn to ignore it and he will have nothing to brag about. Do you really think he would write pages of material and find fools to post it, thinking no one would care enough to read it? No, of course not. Whether or not he is a troll, he wants to "maintain the ego" (sounds familiar?) he has created, with the help of paranoid fools. If the moderators stop treating him like he is top-stuff, hopefully leading to (the gullible-part of) the community to follow, he will just be another dung in the crap-farm called the Empires Forums trollnewb community.

No need for diplomacy. He provides nothing of value in the community. There is no reason to treat him like he has value or innate influence. That's just a false dilemma.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

But how would points not give him something to write about? That's the major issue I see. Until you leave him into these forums to have his presidency, he has something to post about.

9. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

How about a moderator just go ahead and lock this thread, seeing as how my original question has already been answered?

10. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Huh?

Posting about something says nothing about the interest people have in the material posted. It doesn't matter if you are a troll, mastermind revolutionary, mentally-ill loser, regular poster, etc.: Everybody wants to know that their posts are noticed. If you start getting the impression that no one cares anymore, you'll have no incentive to post anymore.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

au contraire

12. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

13. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

So people care - as in, they feel compelled to post for him, because he finds emp players on steam for the most part, and convinces them of Empty's tyranny, or something similar: anything relating to him is being banned from the forums. He builds them up, makes them feel as if his campaign were of global import. And then convinces them to post on his behalf. Of course, mods here then immediatly prove Die right - they ban/delete/moderate away the posts being made for Die.

The cycle feeds itself. People will care as long as he can contact them and show that his content is not approved of; in some sense - he's got the personality that can get people to just believe in something. I'll give him that credit.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

this will never work. You see forums.empiresmod.com is the real empiresmod. Here we fight against the enigmatic figure who goes by the name "******".

15. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Dose nobody use empiresmodforums.com?

16. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Wrong. He gets random players that would know nothing about the history Empires forum and gives the impression that he has power and influence (e.g. a popular vet, developer), mostly from how the community and moderators treated his previous material. Ask any of his targets (e.g. Combat Wombat, me). This does not mean they ACTUALLY care about the material they are posting, nor tell us that people in the forums actually care (despite the fact that some fools treat it like the "Mark of the Beast" from the Anti-Christ).

EXACTLY. To be most precise, a part of the community treats it as a REAL THREAT to the mod and deserves special policies on any content involving *******. This cycle is self-propelled by the idiots themselves. Without the policy you were encouraging, his material would be taken as intriguing and serious as the garbage in your email spam folder.

17. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

Initially, I thought it would be funny to delete the black hole and see what drama would happen.

It was funny.

:)

18. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

The real answer to where it is: "well, it's a black hole, so you can't see it. You can just see a void. It's still there." :-p

19. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

But you can't make new threads or reply to threads in it :/

20. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

I thought you could see the event horizon of a black hole?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.