We may as well just hash it out, once and for all.

Discussion in 'General' started by John Shandy`, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Deiform

Deiform Member

Wow freedom of speech is lenient. Who'd of thought...

2. Empty

Empty Member

You don't have freedom of speech here.

3. Deiform

Deiform Member

Not even within the rules... dayum.

4. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Freedom of speech... Words cannot convey the level of facepalming...

5. communism

communism poof

not understanding why you dont just chill out like you used to empty
    going from a standard troll member to someone that says "You don't have freedom of speech here." is a pretty big gay step

alsooooo, especially saying that to alovely vixen like deif

6. Empty

Empty Member

I didn't say I took away anyones free speech, but this is a forum, the people who run it choose what you may say, every permabanned member has had their ability to speak in this forum revoked, you have the privilege of free speech but it's not a right in here.

7. Deiform

Deiform Member

We in Europe call this 'normal'. I know it's a tough concept for some narrow minded Americans, but you should look it up. It's actually a good thing.

Shoutout to commie and Skies.

8. Zeke

Zeke Banned

There is no such thing as freedom of speach on a forum, game, etc... (unless the owners allow it)

This is a private thing, hence its for the owners to decide upon what is allowed.

Freedom of speach only applies to public stuff OR things you own yourself.

F.ex. if you wish to write that the holocaust never happend on ur personal website or newspaper, then ur allowed to.

but this doesnt mean that you are allowed to do it on another persons website.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  9. Deiform

Deiform Member

That's why there are rules, thus why I said 'No freedom of speech within the rules.. dayum'.

EDIT: For clarification, since some people are thinking that I thought there was freedom of speech on this forum, I know there isn't, if you hadn't noticed generally all my posts are sarcastic.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

rule #8 - there are no real rules about posting
    rule #9 - there are no real rules about moderation either - enjoy your ban.

amidoinitrite

i think most of you still miss shandies point. or do i?

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Shandies point was that a forum is getting split apart drastically over a troll sub-forum. He also claims that mods and devs should be split apart from each other so moderators moderate, and developers develop.

Now why aren't we talking about that? If we had super-moderators that were hand picked from the community, maybe they could keep things at bay, while the developers could keep the game on it's wheels. The Developers make the game awesome, the moderators keep the forum at peace, the users post safely, and Krenzo would be able to go to a resort without having to worry about the forums exploding.

12. recon

recon SM Support Dev

At least someone else understands it...

Somehow, I don't think he worries...

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Or, you could stop whining at the way developers use the moderator powers on a fucking forum, when they're actually developing the game this forum is about. If they aren't developing the game, by all means, scrutinise away. But if they're actually actively developing empires, which very few people do, then leave them the fuck alone.

If Empty says he's taking a break from making particles for a few months, then by all means, give him all the shit you want and, if he deserves it, he should lose his admin. But quite frankly, if someone is actually adding to this game, then they should basically have immunity.

Also, I couldn't reiterate what Zeke/Recon said more. Also, lol at "Krenzo worrying about the forums". I'm sure it keeps him up at night, wondering how things are going in the black hole in his absence.

14. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I pretty much have to agree with Trickster. Mashav and Brutos are the two people I see most active. At least from testing.

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Excuse us for wanting to improve production and communications on a community based mod. We are making suggestions from observations, not complaining.

"hey become a dev and you can flame, troll, and ban anyone you want." Could be a good way to recruit more devs..

16. Trickster

See, now you get it.

17. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

This belongs in the suggestion forums then? :o

18. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

The problem with the 'dev team' is that its way too vague and hidden to really tell who the hell is a 'dev' and who is actually doing something. Nolo_Contendre just became a member of the dev team and nobody on the forums probably knows who he is. Everyone knows soundspawn is a dev but I haven't seem him do anything, and I don't even know where to contact him. If the 'dev team' ever wants the possibility of community-developer harmony, or even prospective new devs, they need to open up to the community and at least try to keep people informed of what's going on.

19. Trickster

I couldn't agree with Varbles more. There's probably less than 5 people on this forum that know about Nolo that don't have dev forum access.

20. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Another disconnect between community and dev/mod team yaye.