Vicki banned Spike

Discussion in 'General' started by Paradox, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Im going to repeat myself yet again, but what are you going to do?
    I fucking loved targets. It removed the CoD-like " I sneak like a cunt behind you and get cheap kills" " I am a HMGay or McCunt and im camping this place for all eternity" by seeing the damn asshole even without superhigh resolution or cheap map hacks. Face to face combat was best combat. I know nobody gives shit about what you say now, but I am still butthurt over how , imo, an important part of the gameplay got cut instead of reworked. Never live it down.

2. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

Spike was most likely being an idiot for fun and Frèák was sick of Empires so he more or less asked to get himself banned so he wouldn't be tempted to continue to play this depressingly dying mod.
    and it was only for one week...so when the new release comes out he might get dragged back in.

Entering talking out my a$$ speculation mode:
    I don't agree with everything that goes on at Viper and maybe the administration isn't perfect but Vicki has put a lot of time and money into making this mod playable for the community over the last few years, I think this community more or less makes her happy and intentionally killing that would be kind of cruel.

I'd encourage new servers to both set up (however this appears to be impossible at the moment) and bring in new players.
    If another group like OC shows up and wants to play the game with retarded settings, let them, just remember that the other servers would be empty anyway....however I think such servers should be labelled appropriately so noobies don't think that the ridiculous settings are normal.

How to attract new players to mod.... idk... Touhou, FiM, and R34?
    don't take offense at that joke please... inb4 bronies and...touhounies start screaming OMG NO THEY'RE NOT

*EDIT* How did we get to 7 pages and talking about "targets" which should be reintroduced as an entity attached to the soldier model so they are no longer wallhacks if this is feasible.
    Above poster does not know about cameras and enhanched senses.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

We already have rule 34 in empires, you are late to the party, bro.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

well i dont think steve was playing or knew who did it but yesterday i was playing a very fun game in the south of canyon and a vote to go to nextmap came up. 70% voted against but i was still pretty angry that it had happened
    single targets are back next patch with added snazzyness

5. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

I don't recall Steve ever being over zealous with the map changes. About a week and half ago the Map downloader wasn't restored after a server move and new players (a large portion of the people active at the time) were being locked out of the server, so map changes were necessary because all the root admins were asleep. Oh and that wasn't Steve it was me. My one complaint about steve is that his love of the BE medium has caused him to repeatedly stay out of the early game and then join BE just to drive the med, and stack to do so if necessary (and usually bad teams don't get the med).

I have to wonder if there is a way to empirically asses the quality and public approval of a map - most other games just find out by going to servers which have the best rotations, and then servers finding the best to attract players. That doesn't work when the community has one server in each of two regions with a decent ping and everyone has their own (often ilfounded) opinion of which maps are good/popular.

6. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

FUCK YOU ASZ! FUCK YOU TO FUCKING HELL! YOU KNEW THAT I WOULD RAGE AT THAT SHIT! YOU ARE A BITCH-ASS MOTHERFUCKING COCK-SUCKING HORSE-FUCKING ASS-MUNCHING DOUCHEBAG!

FUCK!

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I think you'll find that that it's always Paradox bashing time.

8. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

LEAVE PARADIX ALONE!!!! And Candles why the hate? YTPoopMV, the sport of kings...or at least pastry chefs .

I don't even PMV.
    But Candles said he loves them so...
    Code:
     While (Candles jokingly professes unspeakable rage about cartoons and internets) do [IMG]http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/i/2011/288/9/d/trollestia_by_snowpeak-d4cyw5i.png[/IMG] What with /CO/ and all these things are really common in the earlier Brony days, who knew

9. Candles

I can't even begin to articulate the sheer level of rage that is consuming me right now.

10. SwiftPoo

SwiftPoo Member

Rage! Rage! Rage!

11. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

Give it in Unit HSMs.

12. Candles

Sum all the rage that HSM has shown. Now imagine my rage being the volume of the universe. In comparison, HSM's total rage output is a single electron.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

actually, according to my calculations, HSMs in comparison with yours is a photon so you have INFINITE RAGE. Hey maybe you should start a clan with that name, RAGE, and put it in pipes like |RAGE| so it means Absolute RAGE. Oh wait that already happened yeah get with the times man rage is a thing of the past now it's fuckin peace and mellow shit.

14. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Measurement of Rage - A primer

Pure rage, R, is measured in HSMs, where a HSM is the "ITS NOT DOWN YET" baseline rage unit.

An individual's ability to gain rage is given by their specific rage, S, which is measured in HSM / RGI, where RGI is the unit of rage generating incidents.

Therefore, an individual's rage at any given time period is given by R = (C)/(S*Δt), where Δt is the average separation in minutes between C RGIs, or 1 if C = 1.

For example, Headshotmaster has an extremely low specific rage, since it takes very few RGIs for one HSM of rage. If 5 RGIs occur approximately 10 minutes apart, and we approximate S for Headshotmaster to be S = 0.01, R = (5)/(0.01*10) = 50 HSM. Theoretically though, S for Headshotmaster is infinitesimal, so we have R = lim (S -> 0) ((C)/(S*Δt)) = inf HSM, which will be true for any value of C > 0, and any value of Δt > 0.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

My god you are all so fucking gay.

16. Candles

This is the only incident that has caused true rage on Empires for me. There for, the average separation between incidents is 0, and I have achieved infinite rage.

17. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Actually, since you have only had one incident, Δt = time since you started playing Empires; in other words, the average of a single data point is the data point itself.

18. Candles

But we're not talking the average of data points, we're talking the average of the difference of data points. The difference between a data point and itself is 0, so the average of the difference of a single data point is 0. There's no initial data point at zero because that would have to have a rage inducing incident that induced no rage, which obviously would not be a rage inducing incident.

19. SwiftPoo

SwiftPoo Member

from what I understand from math is the these people have claimed unspeakable horrors on certain people!

20. recon

recon SM Support Dev

You are correct. I'll have to adjust the formula.