Vicki banned Spike

Discussion in 'General' started by Paradox, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Rawrawrrawrrawrarjalrkjam told me spike AND freak are permabanned, vicki is on a witch hunt, but vets are the witches. RUNNNNNN

2. complete_

complete_ lamer

3. SwiftPoo

SwiftPoo Member

when you ban the playing vets who help new people. YOU KILL EMPIRES. RLJKASKLJDKLASJFKLASJFKLSAJKLDFJASKLDJASLKDASDSGFDGDS

I see like 6 regulars on that perma banned list that prolly mesed up one time and should of got like a one day cooling off ban. But no they are perma banned. Good job. GG

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Hey man, these threads aren't necessary, it just puts you ON THEIR LEVEL LOL GUESS WE HAVE TO PLAY ON EPIC CAUSE VIPER ARE A BUNCH OF -

I was gonna finish that sentence but godwins law.

5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Vicki was the only thing stopping Spike from getting banned for a damn long time; other people were itching to ban him. With no offense to Spike, if someone spent all their time on the Epic server bitching about mostly everything from the game to the devs, I'd be surprised to see them not get banned from there.

Freaknovich hosted a "Get Banned From Viper's Day" in the Empires is Dead group, the hell did you expect to happen? Not to get banned? It's clear that he had intent and didn't care if he got banned. Plus it was only a week.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  6. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Oh no, not Freak.

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

And nothing of value was lost.

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I would even say, some value was added to the VIPER server. ^^

9. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Why I quit Empires.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Don't drag us into this.

11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Peeeeeeeeeeeeenis.

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I actually had fun playing empires tonight. That's a new one.

13. SwiftPoo

SwiftPoo Member

just unban the godamn vets. Why perma ban. Why. Why. Why.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

why craigg ban everyone

15. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

So, now we have a server war (not quite in the usual sense, but still).
    Just like the good old Evan-run Empires league times.

16. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

I am actually glad that Vicki got rid of the naive "permabans are bad" mentality. I'm not (dis)agreeing with any particular ban, but the argument that "vets" should not be banned is stupid. Most of these so-called "vets" are just mediocre, mean-spirited players that have nothing better to do than spec all day. At times that I have played, I have found pubby more willing and eager to learn & play the game than those that cry for the surreal "2.12 days." Hence I was always willing to recruit fresh faces (and not poach some overrated "vet").

That's my 2 cent.

17. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Besides, Spike's ban isn't exactly permanent. Vicki said he can be unbanned if he decides to cut down on the bitching a bit. So if Spike wants to be unbanned, it is fully within his power to act in a way that would convince Vicki to unban him. So stop trying to bitch on his behalf, he can get back in if he swallows his pride and decides to, which honestly is more of a chance than what most server admins would give on other games.

18. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Also, how did bloodraven get admin? it is clear that he is immature with his powers from the ban logs alone. I don't think getting bad admins will solve the problem of having no admins.

19. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I'm not specifically commenting on any persons but imo there is no case for not banning people because they are "Vets", absolutely none. Vet or not when people know full well they are ruining the game for other people I don't see how it is excusable.

If you break the rules you deserve to get banned.
    If you break the rules consistently you deserve a long ban.
    If you break the rules consistently and are openly rude and generally acting like a tool then you deserve to be excluded entirely to everyone elses benefit.

Already the community tolerates way too much trolling, that in turn actually causes good vets to play less, the perpetrators can usually be found in spec or on the forums complaining that the game ain't what it used to be, there are no good players around anymore, the mod is dead, etc.

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

That's the reason why Recon was such an amazing admin, even if it annoyed some people. He never ever let his relationships with players ever get in the way of banning them. Honestly, just because someone has been playing for a year or two, or is in a clan doesn't signify that any errors they commit have a value less than the average pubber. Spike is an idiot anyway, he is one of those players who love to fill up everything in empires with their own ego.

The word "vet" has been used to describe so many players of this game that the definition is just completely lost.