The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

depends on your intentions.

2. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Your not going to change someone who is currently racist into someone who is super compassionate about everyone. It's not going to happen. Calling them out on their beliefs and comparing them to someone who actually killed millions of people does the exact opposite of what you hope to achieve because it paints them as the victim and victims usually always get sympathy.

Time and Education are the ONLY things that can do away with racism. You can't force someone to change, you can't shove your idea down their throat because they simply will retreat back and get defensive about it furthering their belief in said idea.

Also, I don't think our left is the same as your left. Our left is now supportive of the gender studies degree that only looks out for college graduates who care more about shaming white people into complacency for crimes they never committed against (Insert minority here). This is no way to argue and no way to conduct politics. They sit there and they wonder why the left in America has fallen apart, because it lost everything it stood for.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Probably the greatest quote to summarize this. Liberals and Progressives USED to think that in America race was nothing and we should treat each other equally. I support this idea wholly. We are all equal, though I do think it is the power of the nation to support it's citizens above another countries citizens first, but the left has forgotten this. Instead, nowadays, they shame white people for "conducting slavery" demand "slavery reparations", demand that they be paid more for their "oppression" which is what coined the term for the "oppression olympics". This is NOT what Martin Luther King Jr. wanted. He wanted race to NO LONGER be an issue, something the liberals USED to support but now they clamor over blacks, hispanics etc and keep telling them they are oppressed and that they are the party to stop it even though they are grouping them like they used to be grouped before.

Most republicans nowadays simply don't care and judge people by their character, at least the ones I know. They aren't trying to scare anyone. You should be hired based upon your character and skills you will bring to the company, but Liberals in America think X amount of group Y should be hired simply because there aren't enough of them there. It's retarded. Here is a good video from someone who used to be on the show "The Young Turks", a far left youtube news organization. He explains this "oppression" Olympics and such.

When we have Veterans who fight over seas dying in the streets and left homeless, when we have people calling "RACISM" "OMG HE'S HITLER" and "SEXIST" about everything, it REALLY de-legitimizes the entirety of any movement behind there. For example, this past super bowl people took to twitter to call it "Racist" because a "white team" won... like cmon.

Edit: This also goes with "Racism" and "Islamaphobia" because the second you TRY to hold a conversation about any of those in America, you are immediately called something even if you are trying to have a constructive talk about how to help them. The "progressives" in America call you islamaphobic because you immediately don't agree with them and you aren't "PC". They silence everyone, allowing the alt-right to grow. The more you call people out, you grow the right side further and further.

No political side in America challenges everyhthing

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  3. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Well I did originally start with reasoned arguments but he seems to have this amazing debate tactic of simply ignoring any posts about Trump that he can't rationalize; if you could reason with Nazi sympathizers then yadda yadda. Trump wasn't elected because people were mean to 'conservatives' - by their nature they wouldn't have paid any attention anyway. Trump was elected because creepy little shits like Kidpaler want an outlet for impotent rage.

That or he backed the wrong horse and is trying to save face.

4. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

This is exactly the type of behavior that pushes more people to the right. Keep doing what you're doing! You're only making the whole "nightmare" for yourself worse.

I whole heartedly endorse what Trump is doing, well most of it. Some stuff I disagree with but I don't care. Call me a nazi, I don't care. Shows how "compassionate" of different ideas you are because you literally did not read my post above. It's saying that THE MORE YOU ARE A DICK TO OTHER PEOPLE, THE LESS LIKELY THEY ARE TO FOLLOW YOUR IDEOLOGY. When you call everyone an Islamaphobic and Racist for not having a rational discussion about an issue, and then some candidate comes along who isn't afraid to say it how he sees it, people will flock to him and vote for him simply because they have been shut down on every other avenue.

I didn't back the wrong horse, I backed the right horse because I am seeing the left self-destruct and I get to see your little rage posts which are quite hilarious along with policies I semi-agree with.

5. flasche

kidpaler i cant get rid of the feeling you pick out the worst and generalize. i was up writing a prolonged reply but ultimatively i think its not the point at all. its smoke grenades to keep both sides occupied.

also i do think both of your analysis are wrong. i think the real reason why trump got elected was the fear of social decline. since the subprime mortage crisis (a child of deregulation) wealth shifted in a way barely ever seen before. what won trump the election was his promise of employment - he would bring jobs back - and the rather vague "make america great again". aside of that he can only bring lowest wage jobs back, fe. mexicos average wage is a thrid of yours, your unemployment rates - which peaked after the financial crisis in 2008 and steadily decreased during the obama adminstration (pic below) - are at a decent level. 4.9% is not that bad. idk where the equilibrium is, but no unemployment also is bad for the economy (even really low values are bad since the price for work increases which leads to higher prices, less competitiveness and blabla, i fucking hate capitalist economics i dont mean to defend this, but thats the assumption).

over all this people miss the important part, its wealth-inequality. and trumps politics, and sorry the ultra leftist imf is on my side here, a high level of deregulation with taxing the wealthy less will only worsen this. over the recent decades we have been promised, be lenient on the rich, it creates jobs and wealth. it created wealth, the top decilles got richer and richer, the middle class poorer and poorer. and the poor, well you cant take much from them anyway.

[​IMG]
    -- source: https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

but isnt that the same? he just calls you how he sees it, dont be whiny.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Like I said previously, I don't think attacks on what a person believes in is the same as attacking him directly, but space has gone a bit far in the last couple of posts. He gets a lovely little warning for his demeanor.

Just remember, if you can't say it nice or at least neutral don't say anything at all. Go all out on their ideas though, that's the point of a discussion and up to them to defend it.

7. flasche

kidpaler i think you should stand up and defend space_oddity's right of free speech now.

and sry @Lazybum, i dont mean to question your right to administer the forums. i do acknowledge its only a semi-public space.

8. Lazybum

It's not like I'm disagreeing with space's posts in general, it's just the name calling against kidpaler. He could have easily omitted that and his posts would have been fine to me.

9. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

He's not American as far as I can tell. Constitution doesn't apply to him.

Also, I am not directly calling him out. Sure, he can call me out and call me whatever so long as it stays within the rules of the forum, just like my beliefs and even the racists beliefs in the US are within the laws of the country.

10. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

It was a plethora of things that won him the election. Part of it was people were SICK and tired of the PC culture in the US. Look at every major event that was a negative Trump rally and his poll numbers right after. Chicago protest, Arizona Blockade and every single one, his poll numbers SHOT up. They never learned, they continued to hold big protests and everytime it would piss more and more people off and make his poll numbers go up.

Sure economics is part of it, but PC culture is as well.

Also, he is taxing the poor less and the rich more if his tax plan gets through. It's tax cuts for all, but I believe if you make less than 30k, you pay 0 taxes. 3 income brackets, and the wealthy get taxed at a fairly high rate.

11. Lazybum

I have to say, "He's not American ... Constitution doesn't apply to him.", while a true statement is also a bit of a poor ideal. I would have thought if you really did like such a thing you'd hope for others to embrace it, but to basically say sucks for you is kinda odd.

The wealthy getting taxed doesn't mean much if there's workarounds built into the system. It's easy to say such things and then not give all the fine details on how to get around them.

12. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Trump wants to close all the loopholes as well so there are no work arounds. You pay what it says.

Yea it is a shitty work around, and I do respect his freedom to say what he wants so long as it is within the rules.

13. Space_Oddity

14. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I think you are all pretty fucking wrong on why trump got voted in. Like reallg wrong. Its not because trump mobilized so many forgotten voters or what ever. Or that he cares about everyone yada yada yada.
    The reason Trump got voted in is because the democratic side didnt mobilizetheir voters cause they had a shit candidate.

What kidpaler is wrongly doing is legitimizing his movement by wrongly associating the factthat Trump won with the fact that the majority of americans want the same as he does. Which is not true at all if you look at the numbers.

15. Space_Oddity

There's no logic behind blaming one party for what the other does (usually), especially when the other doesn't even win the vote. People voted for Trump in droves because they wanted what Trump promised (of all the cunts to actually follow through). Why they wanted it is certainly for debate and in that case I'm quite happy to rest the blame on the vast majority of politicians and publications throughout this century and the last. Considering the state of forced fear and forced hypernationalism that the USA has been in since at least the 50s, it's a miracle it didn't happen sooner; in fact it's fucking disappointing that it finally happens in the Age Of Information where everyone fucking knows better.

16. Space_Oddity

Baby's Big Day Out

>Cites 9/11 as a reason for his ban.
    >Doesn't ban the nationalities of those responsible.
    >They weren't even in the country.
    >They certainly didn't fuck about with customs.

17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Popularism is dangerous, people are stupid.

18. flasche

in a way in a democracy every successful real-politics are populism. i think the term is overused, especially if its used to cover up demagogic tendencies.

could know better. the problem with this age of information as you name it is that it really is an age of information overflow. you can find sources backing up every claim, its getting increasingly hard to filter credible from bullshit - and imo not without intention. without extensive research telling fact from fiction is like roulette, and researching facts with this sheer amount of information available is more than tedious.

19. Space_Oddity

I did dawn on me that it's also the Age of Misinformation.

20. flasche

yes it sadly cuts both ways

i btw read a good book about it, "max otte - der informationscrash", it seems it sadly only is available in german. i wanted to recommend it, but without translation its kinda useless i suppose. its not about politics in specific, more about advertising, but it translates very well.