[steam guide] Map list - fast preview with rating

Discussion in 'General' started by BlackRedDead, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Im not saying litterally ignoring, Im saying ignoring as in, I say something is wrong, you dont ackowledge it, or you do but dont do anything about it.

I agree that insulting people isnt the best way to make change happen, but theres a reason why hes getting insulted, because hes 1. very very wrong and 2. because hes ignoring critisism and being a cunt.
    People dont just randomly get critisized and insulted. Theres always a reason.

Donald Trump likes this.
  2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I actually read the guide and here's my opinions :

Remove your personal opinions(including ratings), especially the negative ones(this map is boring/needs rework..etc).

If you want to call it a "guide", you should try to explain how to play, like what you did wit Canyon/Castle.

Calling a map shit = Insulting the mapper.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Question, what about his completely random rating system/player count suggestion of the maps? Some of those maps are NOT 8 max.. he has just assigned random numbers to them. You are the voice here because he *may* listen to you.

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I agree with what security said, a guide should not be a personal opinion of one person, that falls more in the category of an editorial or a personal review.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  5. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Yes but ignore Paradox and I. But wait "Im not ignoring anyone".

6. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I think we all generally accept that guides should try to be objective. But... we aren't the ones who wrote this.

I'm perfectly happy cause I got one of the two things I was hoping for when I opened this guide in the first place. Those two things being:
    1. List of map names with minimaps [✓]
    2. Whether those maps are playable (i.e. do they crash the game/server) [_]
    Just seeing some of these minimaps has called up some old memories like a 3 hour round of glycenpass. And seeing others like stalemate, badlands, territory and frost make me want to play them again.

... Actually I take it back being reminded of some of these maps makes me want to actually play empires again. I think it would be best if this list was sealed away so as to not tempt those who know better.

BlackRedDead, A-z-K and vipervicki like this.
  7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I just don't get it. If people don't like it why don't they just copy paste it and put their own descriptions in it. Or just not bother, or care at all. I think it is cool there is a map list but seriously, who even cares if it isn't right.

Ohh the poor new players might be slightly misinformed, ohh no. Surely this will have wide reaching ramifications, Empires is doomed, etc. We'll be the laughing stock of obscure old sourcemods, how will I show my face on moddb

8. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Oh no, theres an absolute idiot posting that insults the community, insults mappers, and has absolutely no idea what he is doing. Why is it even a guide at this point? It should be removed. If anything, he should make a post in the discussion section of the game forums rather than making an official guide where his retardation can spread.

Also, it's nice to see the circlejerk of people who support BRD even though this guide is trash. AZK and Vicki, you can't accept this guide needs work. You guys focus on the "mean things" said instead of the critical comments which could improve the guide. But no, you guys cant get past the mean stuff despite there being ACTUAL helpful content within our posts.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Circlejerk? OK mate, crack on. I honestly don't care about BRD or whether his guide is trash or not.
    But yes, the amount of toxic exchanges over it I do find kind of annoying. it is a couple of pages of thumbnails.

Anyway you are right - I'll stop "circlejerking" and let you go on with whatever it is you are so aggrieved by.

Fuck me, why does everything have to be such a big deal.

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

azk it is not worth responding to them anymore, they obviously are clueless and think insulting people is okay because it's the internet, which is the biggest copout for justifying anti social behavior. We have better things to do with our time.

BlackRedDead likes this.
  11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

"Oh we are better than you" This is the exact elitist attitude we are calling out in BRD.

12. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I wasn't directly responding to anyone in the first place.

But I see Our glorious leader The Donald has managed to take it personally and be offended anyway. If you weren't here what would the earth revolve around eh?
    Anyway enough fun, I'm gonna shake a leg.

13. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

That was directed at Vicki, not you. But nice to see you interpreted it in such a way. Heck, I even quoted Vicki. You don't have an elitist attitude AZK, and that is why I like you. However, Vicki and BRD both think that just because someone says something mean they can no longer be taken seriously which is an elitist attitude.

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

That isn't an elitist attitude.
    Vicki is right. Don't be a dick.

15. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

So saying someone is stupid is now the equivalent of calling someone the N word? Or saying someone is a joke is the equivalent of that? I was not a dick in the slightest when BRD first came on this forum, but he has a stuck up attitude that slowly began to make me resent the man. On top of that, his continuous emoji spam (While its not against the rules, it reminds me back when I used to be a 12 year old), failure to recognize he is wrong, spamming of the entire forum, and just blatant disregard of other people's well thought out replies is cause for this.

It is elitist to disregard someone else's statements just because it may be mean. You're acting as if you are better because I said something mean so you can totally disregard what I said. Not the case, nor has it been throughout history.

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

this is my favorite thread atm

18. Paradox

Here we go with the patronizing attitude and the complete lack of understanding why and how. If I didnt know better I'd actually start to think vicki is an 18 year old with a superiority complex.

Vicki still doesnt seem to get why we are insulting this dude, just focusing on that we are. It's like the mainstream media focusing on the fact that people are getting insulted instead of the real fucking point. A perfect example is what happend between Pauline Ferrand-Prévot and Elizabeth Armitstead. The latter might be possibly using PED and gets called out, the husband of the latter doesnt like her girlfriend getting called out and insults Pauline on a personal level by saying she cheated on her boyfriend. So instead of the entire world going crazy about the fact that a proffesional cyclist might be using PED they fucking go crazy over the husband insulting someone. That's you vicki. Congratulations.

19. Paradox

20. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

you are all nuts

vipervicki likes this.